Fallen [Oneshot]

rayray_x

“Give it up for Fred everyone!†Professor Flitwick yelled.

The room started clapping as Fred gave an exaggerated bow. He’d just had the audience in hysterics with his comical version of Right Said Fred’s ‘I’m Too Sexy’.

I hugged him when he reached us, and he held on that little bit longer when I tried to pull away. It was no secret that he was in love with me, but sadly for Fred, the feelings weren’t mutual. At least, I was ninety percent sure they weren’t. I don’t even know why I was thinking about it. This talent show was meant to be taking my mind of the situation. Clearly not.

We were so wrapped up in goading each other to perform, we didn’t hear the next act’s name. As they brushed past, I felt something be placed into my hand. I looked up to see the familiar blonde hair walking away in the direction of the stage. The note, I presumed, belonged to him. Well, me.

As Draco began to strum, I couldn’t help but stare at him, reminiscing on old memories. We were best friends when we were younger, then high school happened and we lost the closeness. We couldn’t even socialize, because, technically, we were supposed to hate each other; he was a Slytherin, I a Griffindor. It didn’t help that I was part of the “Golden Trio’s†group of friends- mortal enemies to the Malfoys. I missed our friendship. Theoretically, we were ‘betrothed’; everyone always presumed we’d grow up and be married.

I smiled as I remembered the Christmas we kissed. I was unknowingly under mistletoe, so Draco came over, gave me that cheeky grin of his, and kissed me right on the lips. I could feel him smiling as the kiss deepened. Sadly for us, we were interrupted by party guests. It was one of the best kisses I’ve experienced, but we’ve never acted on it. Well, until this sodding show anyway. I was roused from my thoughts as Draco began to sing.

“And tick tock goes the clock.

Time is going so slow.

And I’m supposed to be fast asleep

A couple hours ago.

So I, I need to exercise

The right I’ve got to rest these eyes.

And I, I need to knock on some doors

Then I won’t have to lie here by myself anymore.

‘Cause time isn’t healing.

Pretty sick of staring at my ceiling.

And I, I can’t help the way I feel about you.

And I, I can’t help the way I’ve fallen for you.â€

The song was so heartfelt. Draco looked, well, he looked vulnerable. There was something about the way he emphasized ‘you’ that sent shivers up my spine. I chose this moment to read the note in my palm.

It simply read ‘I’ve fallen for you’.

“I have a run to try and send me to sleep

But things aren’t all that they seem.

The only time I seem to spend with you

Is all in my dreams.

So I, I need to let her go.

Would it have worked? I guess I’ll never know.

And I, I need to hit the road

And find me a girl of my own.

And I, I can’t help the way I’ve fallen for you.â€

I felt the tears in my eyes as he finished the last note. I walked up to the stage, ignoring the questions from my friends. My mind was made up. It always had been, I just couldn’t see it. Stepping up, I ran over to Draco – who was wearing the same puzzled expression as everyone around us – and said four words that caused gasps and coos from the audience: “It’s always been you.â€

And I kissed him, all the years of secrecy and regret washing away, replaced with passion and the need to be with each other forever.

“I love you, Niamh.â€

“I love you too, Draco.â€