RIP Andy Hallett...

Starbuck73

Actor Andy Hallett, renowned for playing Lorne in Angel, has died aged just 33. :D

Posting on his MySpace page, former Angel make up designer Dayne Johnson broke the news late this evening. He said: "It is with great sadness and my heavy heart to have to tell those of you who do not know, that Andy Hallett passed away last night. His friendship and laughter will be remembered forever."

Andy Hallett was born in Massachusetts and moved to Los Angeles where he got the role of the karoake-loving Host after Joss Whedon saw him singing in a Blues revue. The role was his first ever job as an actor. He had been in ill health for some time.

A fan favourite, he was a regular on the convention circuit, and visited the UK many times appearing at events and signings.

I have plans for a piece of artwork to commemorate Andy which I'd like to try to use to raise money for his scholarship foundation when it's finished. I just needed to do something to try and work through what I'm feeling because I'm still so sad.

If anyone would like to see a virtual image of what it will look like when it's finished, you can see it here.

clicky

RIP Andy :( :(

Edited by rainbowsparkle

• 2 weeks later...

I only just found this out !

This is so sad, Andy made Lorne one of my favourite characters on Angel and if I ever hear "Lady Marmalade" I always think of him.

I had the pleasure of meeting Andy a number of times in person at Conventions as well and he truly was a really special person that got on well with fans and colleagues as well.

I'll leave you with a picture of Andy sharing a joke on stage, and laughing with Amy Acker and Dayne Johnson (out of shot).

100_0218.jpg

R.I.P.

• Like 1