A major 1st time signer for this event

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RDA has never officially signed in the uk, the AT4 signing he did was a pop in for the day with out notice

Sorry, you're wrong. His appearance over the three days was DEFINITELY not without notice, The whole event was for him and AT.

Agreed !

They're not going to announce John Candy, Vincent Price and Flipper this year again are they ?

It is getting a bit close to April 1st...

Oh god, even if it is seriously announced on Weds, I wouldn't believe it!

I guess I've read too many horror stories about star's demands and their reputations.

The thing to remember is that you'll hear a few stories about how wonderful certain people are, because everybody likes a feelgood story occasionally, but they're almost never riveting news. You'll almost always hear the raving, screaming, "and no brown M&Ms!" stories because they're great gossip and we all love to roll our eyes. (And a little bit of dramatic licence might just creep into those too!) And probably the vast majority of occasions where everything is fine and goes off without incident will go unreported as there is no "story" there at all. Which does mean it's easy to get a distorted view of how these folk behave.

Yeah this size of announcment and thread would just end SM in people's eyes if they came on on wednesday and said 'April Fools!!!'

So they wont lol

And Kevin Smith is another must for me on top of Paxton. Although I doubt this would be his first event. Maybe in the UK but defo not the world.

He would be good anyway though, as he is very cool with his fans.

I've seen some random April Fools jokes, but I seriously hope this isn't one!!

Including my Dad telling me that someone was signing a book at his local bookshop in Middlesex when I live in Hampshire.

Jumped on a train an hour later to get to the station nearest to Dad to find him and his girlfriend yelling "April Fools"

GRRR!

You know, Nicky, for a guy who is possibly the biggest film fan on this forum, you don't seem to have a great opinion of actors when they're off-screen. :D
I could be wrong of course and hope I am but SM did say they worked hard to get this guest (but that could mean anything) - I guess I've read too many horror stories about star's demands and their reputations.

You don't think it's Val Kilmer do you? :D

You know, Nicky, for a guy who is possibly the biggest film fan on this forum, you don't seem to have a great opinion of actors when they're off-screen. ;)
I could be wrong of course and hope I am but SM did say they worked hard to get this guest (but that could mean anything) - I guess I've read too many horror stories about star's demands and their reputations.

You don't think it's Val Kilmer do you? ;)

*GULP*

If it is!

I personally didnt like Die Hard 4 or his character though.

Die Hard 4 was a huge let down for me, which was doubly annoying since Willis made such a big deal about how it was "as good as the first one", and "uncompromising", and yet it was a watered down PG-13 Die Hard aimed at ADD-riddled kids who don't have the patience for character development, and seem completely able to believe that people can jump out of helicopters 30 foot off the ground and run off without a scratch - or that a person can be hit by an SUV head-on at 40 MPH and yet mysteriously 30 seconds later is still able to perform complex martial arts moves.

The last set piece was just a complete joke. He's right behind the van, tailing it. Then, all of a sudden, a ****ing jet appears. 20 minutes go by with John McClane fighting a jet plane. Then, after the jet is destroyed, McClane looks round and sees the van nipping into a warehouse. Was the van just sitting there watching for 20 minutes??? Or, as is more likely, did Len 'I'm an idiot' Wiseman film it without the jet, get a bit more money from his backers, and decide to film a big effects set piece without bothering to think about the logic of it?

We narrowly escaped a completely useless remake of Escape From New York from Len Wiseman as well, thank god.

Wiseman-a-like Brett Ratner annoyed me recently (not a first, by the way). Quoth the man "I want to bring Beverly Hills Cop to a whole new generation of kids who weren't around for the first film". Was the first film aimed at kids?? No, and it was better for it. As far as I'm concerned (sorry John Landis) there were only 2 BHC films, and I'd rather it stay that way unless someone's actually willing to give it the love it deserves.

Basically, I'm really sick of seeing beloved franchises pasteurized.

Now that I've got that off my chest, I agree, Kevin Smith was pretty pointless in that film :)

Purple Vamp, do you know the Val Kilmer back story? Rather unreliable guest for turning up!!

No I don't Lizzy - so I won't get my hopes up for him then

**PV now puts her hormones back into place again**

He was announced for LFCC and turned up. Decided his stalker was in the audience and left. And that was that!!

Purple Vamp, do you know the Val Kilmer back story? Rather unreliable guest for turning up!!

Iif I remember right there was talk of a mysterious female stalker knocking about waiting for him to turn up or something, and he had some 'security' engaged for the event, and then mysteriously 'fell ill'...