LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT James Marsters

showmasters

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to drag it back to the signing/con debate, as I think David sumed it up nicely (even though I will always call all the events SM run 'conventions')

But my point stands, why is it London Film And Comic CON if it is clearly covered by the signing event title?

• Moderators

Because it's a nice name .. basically .. lol

London Film And Comic Signing Event doesn't quite work.

Plus using the wider definition of 'convention', it pretty much falls under it. But those definitions I gave would better represent the difference within a collecting environment.

It's in London, but you get TV guests too and that's not in the name. And there might be comics and a couple of artists but nothing huge. So yeah, it's really just a name.

Just like Collectormania. It's not SciFiMania or anything, so people could assume there'd be a far wider 'collecting' aspect. But there's not.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first convention and James is the main reason I'm leaving the states and coming to London!! B)

Can't wait. Just wish I could have gotten a Gold ticket. :D Those of you who attend these conventions regularly, please let me know what I can expect.

ive been to signings but this is my first 'real con' too. expect screaming fans, giggling fans, drunk fans, sober fans, quiet and loud people, organised mess (maybe photo ops are running late) great guests and plenty of laughs. it will be so much fun :D

My bf is treating me to this con for my birthday what an exelent birthday present !!! yay !! :(:D:chair::YAHOO: xaflame

do you think he'll regret that when you go all *swooon* over jm and nick :P haha?

My bf is deciding whether to come himself based on if they get any of the girls he likes, or writers to come along. I sorta want him to come with, but at the same time my freaking at meeting James might make him see me in a new light...thank god he loves m

:P

Edited by jadangel2001

This is my first convention and James is the main reason I'm leaving the states and coming to London!! :D

Can't wait. Just wish I could have gotten a Gold ticket. :P Those of you who attend these conventions regularly, please let me know what I can expect.

WOW coming all theway from the states! now that's dedication!

I'll be in London (4th time to the UK) next weekend (next weekend ALREADY!?!) for James' events.

I'm from the US also.

Talked to work, they're not sure if I can have Halloween weekend off yet.

Stephen

Edited by salchli

This is my first convention and James is the main reason I'm leaving the states and coming to London!! :blush:

Can't wait. Just wish I could have gotten a Gold ticket. :P Those of you who attend these conventions regularly, please let me know what I can expect.

WOW coming all theway from the states! now that's dedication!

Yes, I like to consider myself a "bit" dedicated. :D I'm a huge James Marsters fan and this will be my first time to meet him. Hopefully I won't be too speechless. It will also be my first time in the UK.

My daughter (she's 19) is also flying in with me. She's the reason I'm such a fan. (Made me watch all seven seasons of Buffy with her and that was the end of my somewhat normal life from that point on. As far as the money as Ginnean mentioned , let's just say my family will be having a small Christmas this year. ;)

Edited by Spike Obsessed

I've got a few outfits of James' too worn on both buffy and angel with fox coa's but thankfully they didnt cost quite so much as this. I'd like to have the coat though, dont have one of those a small lottery win i think!

Nicky

I'll be in London (4th time to the UK) next weekend (next weekend ALREADY!?!) for James' events.

I'm from the US also.

Talked to work, they're not sure if I can have Halloween weekend off yet.

Stephen

See you next week in the q no doubt Stephen, hope you can make Halloween too.

Nicky

i'm 21 and a big JM fan lol am i the only young fan here?

Nah your not......we have quite a lot of "young" fans going. I'm 20 right now...... and there are more.

As far as I'm aware BuffyLover is our youngest regular poster on here though............

yaayyy James xD

i'm so glad we got our Silver Tickets now... that means that when a new guest is announced i won't be biting nails thinking "I hope i'll be there" but it'll be... "Oh yeah! i'm-a meet youuuu ^^"

i'm also gonna meet James for the first tomorrow and sunday...

he's coming to the Elf Fantasy Fair in Holland, that's so close to home that i just HAVE to go xD

really weird though... i'd never guessed watching the show at age 10 i'd be meeting the BIG BAD one day...

and now i'm meeting him 5 days o.O

yay

yaayyy James xD

i'm so glad we got our Silver Tickets now... that means that when a new guest is announced i won't be biting nails thinking "I hope i'll be there" but it'll be... "Oh yeah! i'm-a meet youuuu ^^"

he's coming to the Elf Fantasy Fair in Holland, that's so close to home that i just HAVE to go xD

really weird though... i'd never guessed watching the show at age 10 i'd be meeting the BIG BAD one day...

yay

James is really nice. He was the first Buffy/Angel/Firefly actor i ever met.

yaayyy James xD

yay

ow, cool, I'll be there too :)

prob won't go to James though, I can wait till Hallowhedon

yaayyy James xD

yay

yeah i watched the show when i was 10 or around that age and i was like ' mmm that spike guy is nice' and i never thought then i'd be a fan today. and now i'm a big fan of the show, going to Hallowhedon and i've met James Marsters several times. i'm seeing him again on the 1st of May :YAHOO: