To celebrate Terminator Salvation

Looking forward to it. I wrote this film off almost immediately when McG was attached, but I have to say every announcement so far has left me cautiously optimistic. Having Michael Ironside in the film gives the film an air of authenticity - somehow he's the sort of person who should be in a Terminator film.

I don't consider the third movie to be canon either - it had it's moments, but I've largely erased it from history, just like Alien 3 :blink:
I'll take T3 as canon before T4 or TSCC anyday as T3 at least it has Arnie (and Earl Boen) and is rated R. Its easy to just think Cameron's films only are canon as he was the creator - the Alien series has always had different writers and directors though so it's not so easy.

TSCC is just a stupid idea as it came after T3 and T3 was obviously meant to be taken as canon but they said TSCC was an "alternate timeline" to justify ignoring it.

Gimme, gimme, gimme:

d_1903.jpg

83331_press02-001.jpgSS-8307.jpg

endoskeleton13.jpg

Edited by nicky

I'll take T3 as canon before T4 or TSCC anyday as T3 at least it has Arnie (and Earl Boen) and is rated R.

That's true. I've got my issues with T3 - copying all the beats from T2 almost scene for scene annoyed me, the lack of Cameron as you say, the fact that Loken's terminator was frankly a bit lame compared to Robert Patrick's - but that's not to say that T3 was all bad. The film could have been a lot worse, and I think the ending was very brave on their part, and I wasn't expecting it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im really thinking of doing a T4 Kyle Reese costume for this event...

I'm not sure his outfit is instantly recogniseable. Even I dont remember what it looks like. You're better off doing his street clothes from T1. Get those Nikes too!