LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT Michael Ironside

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic guest. Surprised nobody's mentioned Cronenberg's Scanners - that's what I'll be getting him for, he is also on the poster, which is nice.

For folks that have not seen the film, the chap in the glasses is a scanner and asks for a volunteer from the audience, but unfortunately Michael Ironside volunteers and he happens to be a very powerful scanner.

I know people are more desentised in this day and age, but just a courtesy warning about this clip.

Head explosion scene from Scanners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=govdvxBu97c...feature=related

Ritchie.

excellent, couldn't make the last event he was at, looks like i will be starting a Starship Troopers poster this year.

Jake Busey is at that UK con this wkend. I thought about starting a Starship Troopers poster too but I'd never get a poster sent to me in time.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Cronenberg's Scanners
Yeah, I thought that too. I guess that film is a bit too cult, eh? Edited by nicky

Jake Busey is at that UK con this wkend. I thought about starting a Starship Troopers poster too but I'd never get a poster sent to me in time.

You'd probably find a copy there?

that was going to be my plan but in the end Jake Busey didn't turn up anyhow ... good job you didn't get a flight over nicky ... not the greatest show.

that was going to be my plan but in the end Jake Busey didn't turn up anyhow ... good job you didn't get a flight over nicky ... not the greatest show.

Ah cool then. Marshal Bell also cancelled a few wks ago so that would have been another sig. MArcus Gilbert from Army of Darkness cancelled too. Hopefully SM pick up the ball and get these guys one of their shows instead.

You'd probably find a copy there?

Can't say I'm surprised - every time I've been to one of those shows as we call them, it's been for a particular guest, and I'm in and boom! out just like that. I often think about waiting for the guest to turn up at an SM event - Tapping's a good example - but it's always a risk.

I cant remember if he did a photoshoot last time but he was happy to pose for pics with you at his desk.

Photo shoots hadn't been introduced yet at LFACC 2. :lol:

But yes, he was happy to pose for pics at the table.

Edited by Queen_Sindel