Heroes Season 3 - Episode 20 Discussion

DavidB

Is there a gap between episode 19 and 20?

At the end of 19 we see Sylar in Danko's apartment but at the start of 20 Danko is having a nice shave and somehow Doyle turns up as a gift. And when did they get Suresh to come with them?

The whole Matt and Daphne thing was not really done that well in the opinion. And I just knew that Micah was rebel.

Edited by Tanith

The end of episode 19 most likely showed Sylar in Danko's apartment for dramatic effect and so we know where he's next headed. It was also to make it obvious to the viewer that Sylar is the one who left him the gift, but Danko doesn't know that yet. Sylar is a hunter, like Danko. Doyle was bigger prey than a rabbit and perhaps most of the people Sylar''s killed and is perhaps a sign of his desire to fry bigger fish. I'm pretty sure episode 21 will explain everything judging by the preview clip. Perhaps there was a gap and the next episode fills us in, or Sylar was just visiting to check out the house before his following visit to deliver Doyle.

Daphne and Matt scene was cheesy, but still effective and a good final scene for her.

The Tracy power evolution was awesome.

Micah seems more bearable since puberty.

I'm glad Hiro's power is back and limited, and hopefully it stays that way.

Edited by Lenatalia

Daphne dying made me cry, she wasmy favourite new character from volume 4 [the one after that was Tracey ;) ].

I literally awwwwww'd when Peter saved Angela in the lift.

And even when Sylar's not physically in the episode he still has me laughing with leaving Doyle in Danko's apartment trussed up like a puppet [me thinks that he was still annoyed with Doyle trying to control him :lol: ].

Another good episode, I think my favourite parts were with Hiro, Ando and the baby ;) Loved them hiding and Hiro pushing Ando out in a wheelbarrow lol.

Tracey icing people was good too, but I really hope I imagined that wink because that was so cheesy :P

Never noticed before how ugly the Statue of Liberty is either.

on a wierd on the statue of liberty looks like my friend paul...or should that be my friend paul looks like the statue of liberty...hum....

i've been shouting at the laptop again whilest my mother watched smallville and did the same on the tv lol..

i cried but i loved daphnie and i just want pore matt to get a break, seroiusly i thought i had bad luck...

total cheese but you know what thats totaly what matt does in massive doses. and thats why i love him.

micha was awsome in this epi hes a lot less anoying , and tracy finaly did something good.

i loved the whole angila getting tracked down thing it was very well done but i think it would have been better for just to see nothing in the lift rathere than peter be there because again as always peter killed the sceen.

baby touch and go is awsome lol , but look there giving matt a bit of happy for a bit by the looks of it , since forgoten ofspring are poping back up wonder when mini nathans are gonna come in to play ?

i dont understand the doyle thing but aparently the webisodes explain a bit....

ah who knows.....

head hurts going to bed now.

Great episode! Loved Hiro, Ando and baby Matt. Angela being chased and now a fugitive too was fantastic. Peter coming to get her was good too (but shouldn't he have lost flying and gotten Angela's power?) The ice storm was amazing but agree about the wink. Micah was a bit out of the blue but he was always going to be Rebel. Matt and Daphne was just too cheesy and I couldn't help wondering if they changed their minds about having her killed by the comandoes just to please the fans and let her get a nice farewell. There really was no point to having her killed, alive and then dying. Also with Matt's ex-wife back in the picture with a special baby could this mean they might get back together? Danko and Suresh annoyed me because I couldn't remember how it came about (ditto a bit with Peter appearing out of the blue) At least in season 1 we saw the storylines weave.......

Peter coming to get her was good too (but shouldn't he have lost flying and gotten Angela's power?)

I've thought that before, but Matt once said something like "great, now we've lost our way out of here" when Peter purposely took his power, giving the impression he can choose to take a power or not (Matt obviously thought he'd be able to fly him out of there too).

This ep was better, but still annoyed the hell out of me for some cheesey-ness and some stuff, again unexplained... I don't tend to watch the webisodes nor read the graphic novels due purely to lack of time, so I would really like all of this to be cleared up in the episodes- and I'm sure I'm not alone!

Best bit was Angela nearly getting caught, but still not losing it or panicing.

Worst bit? THE WINK! That Tracey scene could have been amazing, but they just ruined it outright with that. Yes, she has just done something uncharacteristically selfless. But I'd assume she was in a lot of pain, what with being shot and smashing to a million pieces and all. So why wink? And, another rather large point, ICE IS SOLID! Hence, how could she wink?! Common sense please writers- yes, they have superpowers, but please at least try and stick to some of the rules of nature! There was a slight tear there, it would have been fitting just to keep that.

And the statue of liberty was some of the worst CGI I've seen recently :D Budget cuts? Or just spent it all on the ice and ran out? Saying that, the France scene was pretty poor too. It would have been so sweet for her, but it was just so obv green-screened and it spoilt it a little for me... couldn't get in the moment :D

Ahrg and why tease us with Sylar at the end of last weeks episode?! How did he get out of the apartment without Danko knowing? Where did poor dead bunny go? Why did Danko have such poor security with just a bolt and "Front door is open" voice after so many recent break ins?

Better ep as I said, just still a few issues for me... :(

Ahrg and why tease us with Sylar at the end of last weeks episode?! How did he get out of the apartment without Danko knowing? Where did poor dead bunny go? Why did Danko have such poor security with just a bolt and "Front door is open" voice after so many recent break ins?

Better ep as I said, just still a few issues for me... :(

I'm bet Danko kept it, he is weird enough. :P

Everyone seems to be talking about Traceys 'wink' or 'blink'....am I the only one that saw the tear roll down her frozen cheek? I dont think it was a wink to camera, it was just a blink to release the tear...

Please tell me I didnt imagine that!?? :D

Everyone seems to be talking about Traceys 'wink' or 'blink'....am I the only one that saw the tear roll down her frozen cheek? I dont think it was a wink to camera, it was just a blink to release the tear...

Please tell me I didnt imagine that!?? :thumbup:

No, the tear was there and was acceptable, the wink however was just awful :YAHOO: As Lizzy said, she turned to ice which is solid so shouldn't be able to wink, plus she'd been smashed into a million pieces so I doubt there'd be any life in her.

I've read that and tough, sorry- it was a WINK!! I don't care that it was supposed to be a blink, IT WAS A WINK... that statement from Bryan gives me even less respect for the show, and has actually made me kinda angry!! Just re-watched and she has TWO EYES... to blink, you need to blink with TWO EYES, not ONE. How stupid do they need to be to not even check an episode through after it has been edited?!

The CGI in this ep was appauling and it is just as appauling that the powers that be never even checked it afterwards and just aired it to America with such a blaring mistake. It is so annoying that they are just letting what was such an amazing show go so downhill. Yes, Bryan is a better writer, but that doesn't take away from how crap the rest of the team are!

Ok, so this is my first post in the heroes section, because of how good i thought this episode was. In my opinion this was heroes at its best. Im a naive person, and for the past few episodes i havent really known whats going on, in that, i dont know how much is a mystery and im not supposed to know, and how much is me just struggling to keep up.

I loved this episode though because it hadnt occured to me that rebel was micah, until his name came up on the credits and i was like 'OMG ITS HIM' and i really liked tracy this episode too. Huge freeze was really cool.

Hiro and Ando were back to season 1 style perfect comedy duo.

Sylar leaving Danko the puppet present = awesome! You gotta love Sylar.

I didnt realise that the whole matt/daphne thing wasnt real until she said it, and then when she died it was so sad. I actually cried, cos im an old romantic, and it really caught me off guard.

I can see there were bits that annoyed other people, but most of the time i am easily pleased and in all honesty when it comes to the CGI, ive seen much worse.