Party Themes

showmasters

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we had some pretty good parties at the Hub 2. Now its time to think about what we do next.

What themes would you like to see at the Hub 3?

I personally would love another era party - maybe the '20s or '30s. My friend makes fab headbands and boas for that time period so my outfit would be halfway there :smile:

I'd love a 60s/70s themed party. It'd be easy enough to play music from that era as well. And for sideshows and games and that, you could have games like Twister set up. They may not be strictly from that time but they give the same sense of nostalgia.

I'd love a 60s/70s themed party. It'd be easy enough to play music from that era as well. And for sideshows and games and that, you could have games like Twister set up. They may not be strictly from that time but they give the same sense of nostalgia.

But imagine the number of polyester leisure suits there would be if it were 70s themed *shudders* '60s would be fab though.

Someone said that at another convention there was a 'bucking bronco' dressed as one of the characters/guests. Imagine if there was one at Hub 3 dressed as Captain Jack. Everyone could have the opportunity to 'ride Captain Jack'!

Edited by mjocovers

Someone said that at another convention there was a 'bucking bronco' dressed as one of the characters/guests. Imagine if there was one at Hub 3 dressed as Captain Jack. Everyone could have the opportunity to 'ride Captain Jack'!

We could have our Johnkey!

I'd love a '70s one - that would be sooooo fab! Also;

1950s

Venetian carnivale (masquerade)

Dangerous Liaisons

Vampires

General Sci-Fi

Light Fetish

:P

Wow yes like Labyrinth a masked ball!

Oviously these things take planning etc, but I think people would really like to know earlier what the themes would be, maybe find out the most popular and do a vote.

Edited by blaid drwg

We should have a party were the theme is torchwood birthday party - you have to come as a character, Simple no! It's based round one of the team members birthdays and the fans must dress up in fancy dress but as a torchwood character. E.g. A fan dressed as ianto, dressed as the devil. A fan dressed as Jack, dressed as an angel. Around those lines.

From the ideas I've seen so far, the ones that appeal to me are:

- Twisted Fairytale (because I could wear my Dragon costume. xD)

- Rocky Horror Show (just for the chance to dance the Timewarp... Again! XDDD)

- Character b.day party w/ fancy dress (oh the fun I could have with my Owen cosplay with that theme! XD)

• Showmasters Admin

How about a PJ party for the Sunday night - then when we are all tired we don't have to worry too much before we tumble into bed!! (Teddybears optional :D )

Oooh! I love the idea of a PJ party!!!

Sunday nights have been the 'night out at Cardiff' for the past two Hubs - I agree, this one should totally be a "Night IN in Cardiff" lol... slippers, PJs, and chilling out after a hectic weekend!!!

Awesome idea!

SJ

x

That PJ Party sure sounds wonderful...

And somehow I think that

'60s/'70s Free Love -party

would go well with the Torchwood crowd.

-MtS.Tyra, the one who'd like to dress up as something sometime...

just as long as the costume wouldn't take up too much luggage space

How about a PJ party for the Sunday night - then when we are all tired we don't have to worry too much before we tumble into bed!! (Teddybears optional :thumbup: )

Oooh! I love the idea of a PJ party!!!

Sunday nights have been the 'night out at Cardiff' for the past two Hubs - I agree, this one should totally be a "Night IN in Cardiff" lol... slippers, PJs, and chilling out after a hectic weekend!!!

Awesome idea!

SJ

x

That is a night out in Cardiff for me and my friends! We had to stand outside in the middle of Cardiff in our PJs as a fire alarm went off in the place we were staying. It was a very odd experience...