Cosplay..Whos going in costume?

I just wanna say I'm quite impressed how my costumes are going for LFACC. I'm doing one for myself and one for my bf. Bf's I would say is half done, almost finished the jacket just waiting on some stuff I ordered to arrive to do the pants. Ordered my tops and will have to wait till 22nd when my mum gets back from Las Vegas to get those before I can start work on one of them, other then that I pretty much have everything for mine. Just need to sort one other bit out on my bf's after the trousers then I'll be done. Leaving the other bit till last more than likely as its all going to have to be handstitched.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my ignorance but wot you and the fella goin as. Lol sorry sewin machine needle just broke and i can't find the little spanner to loosen the bolt holding it in. Brain is in melt down. Lol.

My sewing machine, despite being rubbish, does at least have the good point of just having a turny-knob thing to release the needle!

Just bought fabric for Olson, making it all myself except I'm buying boots and getting a friend to make the gloves because I fail at gloves. I may be Bouncer Boy from "Bear Behaving Badly" the other day. Bandit the cat will be extremely difficult, he's a full stuffed cat rather than a normal puppet.

normaljoke63.jpg

Edited by TurkFox

On the good side of things i've got most of the ribbon sewn down on the esther bodice on a bad side i have no transport at home for the next few days after some one tried to steal my scooter and damaged the ignition. Still at least i still have it. Still not happy tho.

Thinking of not doing my TOS Kirk on sunday and doing something else, but have no idea what.

If I can borrow/find an RAF coat, I may do Captain Jack for the first time (steady lol)

Or just be the Doctor as always...but I said I wanted to not do him for this con, so thats close to breaking my own rules.

I could do the same costume 2 days in a row or, shock horror, not do cosplay on sunday...:D

Any tips for a beginning cosplayer? :D

I know I'm going to be carrying a few things, so I was thinking of maybe putting a little door in my giant paper-mache/cardboard wrench so I can put a couple of lightweight things in it? :D

Just trying to find a place that sells material and a wig.. taking a look at this boiler suit my friend is lending me on Monday,fingers crossed it'll work!

Ooh,thanks again! That's gunna work great! :D

I'm thinking of just cutting up one of my old t-shirts for the bandana as a last resort,but hopefully I've got to go material shopping for my Textiles work anyway! :clap:

EDIT: Now bought the wig,should be here within a week! Also got given an old red t-shirt and the long awaited boiler suit! So happy the costume seems to be coming together.. as long as I start sewing :clap:

Edited by xVickyCullenx

So sorry to keep asking questions,but..

Would I be allowed to carry around a wrench all day? Or would this be classed as 'dangerous'? (Though I'm not sure even if I tried I could ever inflict any damage on anyone,hehe.)

>costume

>wrench

On no... don't tell me... SPY SAPPING MA COSTUME!

I Should Hopefully Be Going As Alice Cullen (From Twilight, In Case Anyone Doesn't Know, But I Think That's Highly Unlikely :P) But That All Depends On Whether I Can Get A Dress Like Her's.

I've Got No Idea Where To Get One :P

(If Anyone Could Tell Me Where I Could Get One I'd Be Extremely Grateful :()

And If My Friend Convinces Her Mum To Let Her Go With Her Cousin (We Can't Go Together Unfortunately) Then She's Going As Rosalie.

We're Then Hoping To 'Bump Into Eachother' So We Can Then Walk Around Together As Alice And Rosalie :WAVE:

Should Be Fun :D

Oh And All These Other Costumes Sound Great :(

HAHA! me and my friend might be going as alice and rosalie?

the baseball one should be easy to find, but try customising your own outfir?

i just got a grey fress off ebay and i'm gonna try customising it :)

Any tips for a beginning cosplayer? :blush:

I know I'm going to be carrying a few things, so I was thinking of maybe putting a little door in my giant paper-mache/cardboard wrench so I can put a couple of lightweight things in it? :D

When I'm in costume, I ALWAYS take a bag that "fits" with my costume. No matter how hard you try, people WILL take pictures of you carrying your handbag, wallet, goods that you've bought or whatever. You'd be kidding yourself to think that you'd not need to carry anything around with you, because you always need a purse etc.

Last year I was poison ivy, so I brought with me a green planty type bag. It wasn't accurate as to what she would carry around with her because she doesnt carry bags, but it was better than a tescos bag or whatever! Don't forget to put your bag down when you have a picture taken, or hand it to someone you're with if you're lucky enough to go with non costumers (they may also carry around your purchases!) Make sure to put it to the side far enough so it doesn't get in the way of your costume picture - I've had many a photo that I've taken ruined by hoardes of purchases right infront of a really good costume.

This year, My batgirl costume has 4 small pouches on the utility belt - about the size of a cigarette box each - so I've made a small pouch for my money to go in, I've got business cards in the next, a small pen in another and the other is empty. A little bit of pre-planning goes a long way!

I always have a bag with me. Got to admit a Nightmare Before Christmas bad looks funny with a Draco Malfoy, or Tonks costume. Usually my boyfriend carries the bags but he's also going in costume this year so looks like we'll just have to take a bag we can put down when needed.

When I made my Tonks costumes both had pockets and luckily enough Tonks pockets were huge on her costumes so I had plenty of room for cigerettes, wallet, phone etc. Luckily this year my costume will have all the usual pockets in the jeans so will be easy to carry money, phone, wallet and cigerettes for a change but will more then likely take a bag too. May even go back to the hotel mid-day on Saturday so I can take some of my stuff I have bought back with me.

When I'm in costume, I ALWAYS take a bag that "fits" with my costume. No matter how hard you try, people WILL take pictures of you carrying your handbag, wallet, goods that you've bought or whatever. You'd be kidding yourself to think that you'd not need to carry anything around with you, because you always need a purse etc.

Last year I was poison ivy, so I brought with me a green planty type bag. It wasn't accurate as to what she would carry around with her because she doesnt carry bags, but it was better than a tescos bag or whatever! Don't forget to put your bag down when you have a picture taken, or hand it to someone you're with if you're lucky enough to go with non costumers (they may also carry around your purchases!) Make sure to put it to the side far enough so it doesn't get in the way of your costume picture - I've had many a photo that I've taken ruined by hoardes of purchases right infront of a really good costume.

This year, My batgirl costume has 4 small pouches on the utility belt - about the size of a cigarette box each - so I've made a small pouch for my money to go in, I've got business cards in the next, a small pen in another and the other is empty. A little bit of pre-planning goes a long way!

Okay,thanks! :lol: I'm pretty sure I have a Winry-ish bad somewhere.. just got to start looking (and sewing) :YAHOO:

I was planning on sewing all day yesterday, ended up making a plushie out of my scrap material instead :whistling: