Latest Guest Announcement: Ke Huy Quan

Temple of Doom poster has just arrived - excellent! :D

I've had mince since LFCC 2004 when I met Pat Roach which was the first and only sig - as I said in another thread, Temple of Doom guests are sooo rare.

Edited by nicky

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one on my wall that has been there I think since 2001 :P

but as it only has Indy on it, I will be sticking to an 8x10 or two :D

REALLY hope they have that mine car photo, as shown in the first post! :( and a few from the Goonies too! pref some sort of cast shot :D

surfy sah xx

OK so you must have gone for this one : -

indiana_jones_and_the_temple_of_doom_ver1.jpg

I know what you mean - I've got the same problem with a Predator poster, or Terminator - the only person on the poster is the one person you're never going to be able to get to sign it! That's why I went for this one : -

indiana_jones_and_the_temple_of_doom.jpg

Edited by MikeDonovan

Yeah, that's the poster I should have got back before I had it signed - it's that classic 70/80s adventure movie poster with scenes from the film in the picture and it's much brighter. I got this one instead:

Indiana-Jones-and-The-Temple-of-Doom-Poster-C10004060.jpeg

@ MikeDonovan, the first image you posted isn't working for me!

the poster on my wall is the one Nicky has linked :D it must be older than 2001 actually hmmm :D

I don't tend to get posters signed because I worry about them getting damaged and taking them back n forth to events cause they are all so far away for me B) also about loosing it as I am normally crew, it's much easier to keep at 8x10 safe in your bag than keep an eye on a poster tube!

didn't meet Pat Roach in 2004 either, doh! was first year student and moneyless, not that anything's changed since finishing uni ;)

debating whether to get Jonathon on my Goonies poster though but wall space n all hmmm gutted there is no item though from the Goonies that has everyone from the cast on-the image on the DVD cover is so close but missing the brothers!

surfy sah xx

I love Drew Struzan's work - Kiwi has got an nice example there, which is from the advance one sheet for Crusade. Richard Amsel did the original domestic Raiders one sheet (which admittedly is the one I have), but Struzan did the international version : -

raiders10.jpg

Then Struzan did the one sheet for Temple (Nicky and Surfy Sah have the alternate), and both the advance and 'official' for Last Crusade : -

indianadoom.jpg

indianacrusad.jpg

indianacrus.jpg

I just watched the DVD doc on the making of Temple to refresh my memory of what he says and what he's like. He didnt say much at all, he had like only two things to say: about when he first got the job and how it was to learn martial arts. That's it!

Edited by nicky

He's a great guy, you'll like him if you plan to visit him!

How do you know that? You met him before? Or are you just baseing it on interviews?

Sorry for the late reply.

I was acquainted with him a few years ago. Long story that I don't think I can tell, lol. But it's nice to see him over here.

According to Jason's latest update here http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=48134 Jonathan is appearing Saturday and Sunday.

Not all guests do photo shoots on both days. If the demand is big enough, a photo shoot for Saturday may be added. It has happened before, but obviously there is no guarantee it will happen again.

I did notice the change in name, from JKQ to Ke Huy Quan. I guess it's to help people recognize who he is.... but here's a question.

If you walk up to him, do you say "Ke, how you doing? Nice to meet you"? Or do you say "Jonathan, hi, nice to meet you?". Or does he prefer "Jon"? (Obviously I'll steer clear of Jon-boy, Jon-Bon, Jay-Kay, etc.) And if it's Ke, that's pronounced "Key" isn't it?

pronounced "Key" isn't it?

According to the DVD docs, yes that's how you pronounce it. Just call him whatever it says on his board is the safest bet. I always knew him as KHQ and never knew he was called Jonathan until people on this board referred to him as that in the guests suggestions.

I did notice the change in name, from JKQ to Ke Huy Quan. I guess it's to help people recognize who he is.... but here's a question.

If you walk up to him, do you say "Ke, how you doing? Nice to meet you"? Or do you say "Jonathan, hi, nice to meet you?". Or does he prefer "Jon"? (Obviously I'll steer clear of Jon-boy, Jon-Bon, Jay-Kay, etc.) And if it's Ke, that's pronounced "Key" isn't it?

To clear up confusion he prefers to be called Ke as that is his name, and the name he goes by. He no longer uses the name Jonathan...hope that helps.

Edited by elloello

According to Jason's latest update here http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=48134 Jonathan is appearing Saturday and Sunday.

Not all guests do photo shoots on both days. If the demand is big enough, a photo shoot for Saturday may be added. It has happened before, but obviously there is no guarantee it will happen again.

Surely there is more demand for a photoshoot on a Sat than a Sun - traditionally Sat is a busier day.

Surely there is more demand for a photoshoot on a Sat than a Sun - traditionally Sat is a busier day.

This is just a guess, but here's my 2c. I would think that, in terms of £s per hour, a popular guest will make more at a signing desk than at the photo booth - so economically that would mean it would make more sense for SM to have him signing on the busiest day.

Secondly, the fact that the photoshoot is on the Sunday means that those who want to have a photo done will need to be there on the Sunday - meaning it draws in additional attendees for the less busy day.

This is just a guess, but here's my 2c. I would think that, in terms of £s per hour, a popular guest will make more at a signing desk than at the photo booth - so economically that would mean it would make more sense for SM to have him signing on the busiest day.

Secondly, the fact that the photoshoot is on the Sunday means that those who want to have a photo done will need to be there on the Sunday - meaning it draws in additional attendees for the less busy day.

Or people who can only go one on the Saturday and specifically wanting a photoshoot, will say "oh well, I might not bother going at all and just wait and hope he comes back again", it could work both ways.

It's just impossible that all guests can do a photo shoot the same "busiest" day. The event has only a certain amount of hours. :headscratch: I realize it's a pain if you can only make it one day and the photo shoot is not on "your day".

But let's take LFACC with the Heroes guests for example. They had photo sessions, those were popular and took quite a long time. Or John Barrowman at last Collectormania. (I realize you can't fully compare those because the guests appeared one day only, but it's the closest comparison that is coming to my mind at the moment.)

The photo sessions took away signing time and people had to wait quite a long time to get their autographs or even gave up. It's really a double edged sword, depending on if you'd rather get an autograph or a photo.

Also if everyone would do their photo sessions Saturday only fans who can only come Sunday would complain why there's no photo sessions on "their day". A very similar discussion keeps coming up on about photo shoots for Friday and Mondays at Collectormania.

Or people who can only go one on the Saturday and specifically wanting a photoshoot, will say "oh well, I might not bother going at all and just wait and hope he comes back again", it could work both ways.

I would just like to point out that Jason has posted *some where* :D to say they have been trying to get this guest for FIVER YEARS and so if you want to meet him, this is the time! :unsure: he might not be back again, ever! just thought you should know that before you decide you don't want to come :o

I know some people prefer photo shoots rather than "over the table" self-camera pictures but you MAY be able to get a photo with Ke when you get your autograph, which has got to be better than nothing? :P Obviously, this depends on how busy the guest is so my advice would be to get there for when the show starts or be able to wait until he has an open Q, when photos aren't slowing the Q down and potentially preventing people from getting autos and they MAY be allowed B)

hope this helps :P

surfy sah xx

The photo sessions took away signing time and people had to wait quite a long time to get their autographs or even gave up. It's really a double edged sword, depending on if you'd rather get an

Sorry to go slightly off topic here but what I found disappointing in one case was that John Hurt's talk at LFCC was cancelled cos so many people wanted a photoshoot. Photo sessions are limited to about 30 mins I think so in this case why did he take on more than he had time for? Isnt there a limit to how many people can buy photoshoot tickets or was it John's decision to do more photos cos he wasnt so keen on doing the talk anyway?

I realize it's a pain if you can only make it one day and the photo shoot is not on "your day". Also if everyone would do their photo sessions Saturday only fans who can only come Sunday would complain why there's no photo sessions on "their day".
In other words if you cant get your photo on Sunday cos you're only there Saturday then tough s***! :D Sorry, dont mean to be cheeky but then again I guess you could say the same for me about John Hurt's cancelled talk. :smile:

Jason has posted *some where* :D to say they have been trying to get this guest for FIVER YEARS and so if you want to meet him, this is the time! :unsure: he might not be back again, ever!
No doubt that people will still ask for him back anyway cos they missed him even having read that warning, it always happens. Edited by nicky

Sorry to go slightly off topic here but what I found disappointing in one case was that John Hurt's talk at LFCC was cancelled cos so many people wanted a photoshoot. Photo sessions are limited to about 30 mins I think so in this case why did he take on more than he had time for? Isnt there a limit to how many people can buy photoshoot tickets or was it John's decision to do more photos cos he wasnt so keen on doing the talk anyway?

This isn't necessarily a case of John "taking on more than he had time for."

There is indeed a limit and from what I recall John's photoshoot wasn't even sold out.

It was John's first event. He seemed to enjoy actually interacting with people in the autograph line. If he was the same in the photo session of course the session will go on longer. This is something nobody knows in advance.

In other words if you cant get your photo on Sunday cos you're only there Saturday then tough s***! :smile: Sorry, dont mean to be cheeky but then again I guess you could say the same for me about John Hurt's cancelled talk. :unsure:

I think stuff like that has happened to anybody before.

I would have loved to attend Kate Mulgrew's talk when she was at LFACC for example - couldn't stay as long because I had to go to the airport. Unfortunately we're not living in a perfect world where everything matches your schedule. :D