A little help for a first timer :P

This isn't my first con, but will be my first london con and time in london without someone who doesn't live there! Me and my partner are coming down by megabus.

Now, *deep breath*, we arrive at whereever the bus stops (i actually have no idea lol) in London at around 5am..our plan is just to get as near to Earls court as possible..Does anyone know where the megabus stop is in london? or if there are many..which is the best to stop at? Also, since we're gonna be uber early..is there anywhere around the LFCC where we could get a coffee? A tea? A bite to eat? Or generally just somewhere that will keep us safe from the odd drunken wanderer (i'm sure there'll be some on a saturday morning lol.)

I hope this makes sense...it kinda does to me.

Thanks guys.

This is going to be my first time in London to, but i will be flying down as never fancyed driving in london and hate buses.

Hopefully someone can give you the info you need. But one thing i did was to google earth/map the area.

I think the Megabus stop would be Victoria, but I am not totally sure.

We do have some users here who are very familiar with busses though, hopefully they can answer that for sure.

There's some things like McDonalds near the Earls Court tube station, but I can't recall how early they are open. It's probably not 5 AM though. The first people carrying coffee and food from McDonalds usually showed up around 7 AM. ^_^

I think the chicken place (Hollywood Chicken) near the Ibis is still open at that time, but it's tiny and not a

place where I'd personally hang around to kill time.

I'm thinking that around Victoria the coffee/food places will be open much more early than Earls Court area. Maybe stay there for a bit and then make your way to Earls Court?

I've camped out early often for Comic Con and never saw a drunken wanderer by the way. :YAHOO: Earls Court seemed pretty peaceful there. I found the old venue in Wembley much more scary.

This isn't my first con, but will be my first london con and time in london without someone who doesn't live there! Me and my partner are coming down by megabus.

Now, *deep breath*, we arrive at whereever the bus stops (i actually have no idea lol) in London at around 5am..our plan is just to get as near to Earls court as possible..Does anyone know where the megabus stop is in london? or if there are many..which is the best to stop at? Also, since we're gonna be uber early..is there anywhere around the LFCC where we could get a coffee? A tea? A bite to eat? Or generally just somewhere that will keep us safe from the odd drunken wanderer (i'm sure there'll be some on a saturday morning lol.)

I hope this makes sense...it kinda does to me.

Thanks guys.

As far as I am aware, the Megabus ends at either Victoria or Waterloo.

My suggestion would be to go to Victoria wait and get something to eat there. At a more reasonable time, you will be able to get the District Line (green line on the underground) direct to Earls Court.

Hope this helps.

Zips. :P

from a frequent Megabus flyer, it does indeed terminate at VICTORIA COACH STATION (the same place as Nation Express buses and not Waterloo :D) however, when I used to get the megabus from Cardiff to London, it also used to drop off outside Earl's Court tube station (the side that has all the shops/places to eat NOT the side that Earl's Court is at :D) so you can always ask the driver :( however, they only let you off here if you have carry-on lugguage only, NOT if you put anything under the bus!

if you do find yourselves arriving at Victoria Coach Station, then exit and cross the street to head LEFT towards Victoria Station (where the trains and tube go from). there is a Whetherspoons, McD's, Subway and all other kinds of restuarants/fast food joints/coffee places, a Marks and Sparks Food and a Sainsburys-some of that MIGHT be open at that time if not there is seating upstairs in the station where the McDs is B)

worth noting that the station the only free toilets are in the Spoons :D otherwise it will cost you to pee!!!!

anyways :D walk right throug past Sainsburys, down the escalator, past Whsmiths and find the stairs down to the tube, you want the (green) Disctrict line to get to Earl's Court, once you arrive there make sure you take the right exit to get to the con :(

hope this helps? :(

anything else, please ask :smile:

surfy sah xx

london_victoria_coach_station.gif

this map from the MB website might help :smile: xx

For those of you who don't live in London, you'd be surprised at how easy it is to find a shop / fast food restaurant open 24 hours - particularly around a Terminus (i.e. Earls Court, Victoria). They may not be michelin starred, but you'll find something. London is a long way from being New York unfortunately, but it's getting there.

And you won't see many drunks knocking about at that time - 3AM will still be fairly busy, but not 5AM. I agree with Zippy - grab a coffee and read a paper at VCS, then jump on the District Line at 6-ish to Earls Court. If you're not on a budget, there'll be plenty of cabs hanging around too.

why thankyou Petra :D

unfortunately I have not ridden the big blue bus in some time though (nearly 2years, since I finished uni and left Cardiff :P) because it does not run from my home town of Swansea :P but it goes to loads of places from London (except it no longer runs to MK which sucks!) so when I move there shortly, hopefully I'll be returning :(

surfy sah xx