ok we are doing our bit to make this one of the best events

• Showmasters Admin

ok we are doing our bit to make this one of the best events we can

we so need you all to help to get the word out there about this show and its guests

this way you will help us to be able to keep bringing the best guests line up we can this year.

its hard for every event to keep a strong line up at this time, but we are going out of a way to make this and all the event we run the best we can, but with out your help we will not be able to do this so please if you like the line up so far and the way we run event to tell all your fiends about the events we run and help let as many people know and this will help us to wether this time and be able to keep bringing you all some amazing guests , it will help us keep the shows going to the standard you have come to expect from us

if you can help us we will not let you down :D

we thank you for all this and look forward to seeing you soon

jason and the team :thumbup:

I personally think that this is a strong lineup you've got happening at Midlands .

I'm really looking forward to meeting at least 6 of the guests at the event.

Keep up the excellent work !!

I know I always see the SM ads in Empire and maybe Total Film and DVD Review but why don't you try inviting some of their staff down to an event to cover it? That way readers will be made aware of what goes on and will keep an eye for future events.

Empire already had their own movie con last year and they also cover the San Diego one so why not one in their own country? I think the whole con thing in the UK has taken off in the past few years and wonder why none of these UK magazines have done any articles (inc guests' interviews and fan comments) on the phenonemon. Maybe even have a link on their websites?

I guess the only thing that would stop them covering the events though is they need to be offically sponsored and the legalites need to be sorted but I'm sure it'd be worth it. Melody Maker used to cover the Reading Festivaal and the NME did the same for Glastonbury so it would be similar to that.

Edited by nicky

I'm so so sooo looking forward to this and my first Autographica :lol: Can't believe it's been so long since my last show in Oct!! :o

Hope it is a big success for you guys :P I shall of course tell all my friends as usual!

xx

I know I always see the SM ads in Empire and maybe Total Film and DVD Review but why don't you try inviting some of their staff down to an event to cover it? That way readers will be made aware of what goes on and will keep an eye for future events.

Empire already had their own movie con last year and they also cover the San Diego one so why not one in their own country? I think the whole con thing in the UK has taken off in the past few years and wonder why none of these UK magazines have done any articles (inc guests' interviews and fan comments) on the phenonemon. Maybe even have a link on their websites?

I think this is a very good idea - coverage from a magazine like Empire would be prestigious, and a huge boon to publicizing the event. I recognize the publicity for Musicmania from the tabloids wasn't great, but this would be very different - Empire doesn't exist to take the **** out of people for no reason, it's read by and written by Movie fans. Whether or not LFACC is a better venue for involvement from Empire is another issue, but I definitely think Nicky is on to something here.

sounds like a great idea, espesh as there were people from magazines at Twilight! :(

also maybe try and get posters/ads put up in places like the Forbidden Planet in Brum? or flyer by the Bullring? would love to help you with this but am a little too far away :D

du you think the local radio might plug the event in the morings when people are driving to work maybe? perhaps do the same as with the magazine suggestion and invite them to come check it out? B)

am all suggetioned out for now! hope some of those are helpful! :(

surfy sah xx

SFX magazine have been at Showmasters events but I think they've only been in London and Milton Keynes. They have mentioned past Showmasters events held in places in the UK other than London and Milton Keynes, but it's only been in their calendar section. Correct me if I'm wrong.

SFX magazine have been at Showmasters events but I think they've only been in London and Milton Keynes.
I forgot about them - they usually have astall but I dont know if they actual "cover" the event with articles do they? But anyway I think Empire and Total Film are much more widely read.

Can we have some more Star Wars people please? I'm not talking big names, but people like Rusty Goffe, Peter Geddis, Leslie Schofield, George Roubicek, etc, etc

:)

I would like some more star wars guest, i would like to see Anthony daniels (C-3PO) Billy Dee Williams (Lando)

Julian Glover (General Veers)

SFX magazine have been at Showmasters events but I think they've only been in London and Milton Keynes. They have mentioned past Showmasters events held in places in the UK other than London and Milton Keynes, but it's only been in their calendar section. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have never seen a review on an event only like you said a mention in the calendar section but I think it is quite widely read.

Edited by theblackrose

how about inviting people from, like, the Official Dr Who mag or the Hereos one etc when there are guests there? maybe they will write a review or put the dates in the mag when the guests are appearing and where? :D

surfy sah xx

This is the first time I'm coming to a signing event, and I'm bringing a few friends with me (non convention goers), we LOVE the show Being Human and are super excited to meet Lenora & Russell (and hopefully Aidan too lol)

We haven't bought our tickets yet as we were waiting for their days to be announced. But would people recommend we buy them beforehand or on the day?

• Moderators

It's hard to know how busy it'll be really. You'll be able to get stuff on the day, but you'll just have to wait around. Sometimes it's just easier to get stuff beforehand and not worry about it :D

Up to you though!

This is the first time I'm coming to a signing event, and I'm bringing a few friends with me (non convention goers), we LOVE the show Being Human and are super excited to meet Lenora & Russell (and hopefully Aidan too lol)

We haven't bought our tickets yet as we were waiting for their days to be announced. But would people recommend we buy them beforehand or on the day?

I would wait you still have plenty of time.

I forgot about them - they usually have astall but I dont know if they actual "cover" the event with articles do they? But anyway I think Empire and Total Film are much more widely read.

In the months following an event they've been at you'll see short interviews in the news section of their magazine (think it's called Red Alert). Before the questions and their answers they mention the name of the Showmasters event).

I don't know how many copies SFX magazine sells but they appear to be a popular magazine that sells well.

I don't know how many copies SFX magazine sells but they appear to be a popular magazine that sells well.

I personnaly have never seen anyone with a copy ever unless it was at one of the SM events - I think people generally stick to Empire and Total Film cos if you wanna read about movies why go elswhere. Granted I know SFX caters for TV shows too.

Hi, I'm a big Being Human fan myself. I've been lucky enough to meet Russell at the BFI premier of the first episode, he's really nice guy, very friendly!

Sadly, guests do occasionally have to cancel due to work commitments (although it's less common with UK guests) so it's often not worth paying in advance, just in case the guests you want can't make it. At the bigger shows (LFaCC for example) it IS worth it, because the events are much bigger and there are a lot more attendees, but the Midlands events have been a little quiet in the past. I guess it comes down to how much of a hurry you're in. If you only have a few hours at the show, then book in advance to get in quick, so you can get early VQ tickets, otherwise, I personally wouldn't bother.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi, I'm a big Being Human fan myself. I've been lucky enough to meet Russell at the BFI premier of the first episode, he's really nice guy, very friendly!

Sadly, guests do occasionally have to cancel due to work commitments (although it's less common with UK guests) so it's often not worth paying in advance, just in case the guests you want can't make it. At the bigger shows (LFaCC for example) it IS worth it, because the events are much bigger and there are a lot more attendees, but the Midlands events have been a little quiet in the past. I guess it comes down to how much of a hurry you're in. If you only have a few hours at the show, then book in advance to get in quick, so you can get early VQ tickets, otherwise, I personally wouldn't bother.

hi chris i can see were you are coming from but look at it this way

if eveny one only booked on the day for tickets we would think that this event was not going to be well attended and back of booking as many guest as we would have if we know it was going to be well atended

why london film and comic con as grown so big over the last few year is because so many people booked tickets in advance

in fact we sold so many 2 events ago we just keept on booking more and more guest to try to please all the fans

so if you show your sappourt and book early THIS WILL HELP us take the plunge and book big names and more guests thats who it works

if every one holds out to the last chance it dose not give us the confidance to book lots of guests and little time just before the event to add guests

well there are my thought

jason

one last thing we love Being Human and the show needs as much help as we can give it and coming to this event and showing your sapourt is a very good way of letting the people making the show know it is liked

if we are not care full the Being Human could go the way of firefly and be axed which would be a crime

so let all get behind it and i hope to see you all there

jason :WAVE:

I know the Heroes magazine had a short little blurb in it about the first Eclipse and the guests going beforehand and I think they posted some bits about the event after the face. Also the Torchwood magazine posted a couple page article in their mag about the first Hub after th event. And these are Titan mags.

I think they just need more of a shoutout in these mags before the events happen, rather than just a small paragraph about it.

Edited by bonniesrg

hi chris i can see were you are coming from but look at it this way

if eveny one only booked on the day for tickets we would think that this event was not going to be well attended and back of booking as many guest as we would have if we know it was going to be well atended

why london film and comic con as grown so big over the last few year is because so many people booked tickets in advance

in fact we sold so many 2 events ago we just keept on booking more and more guest to try to please all the fans

so if you show your sappourt and book early THIS WILL HELP us take the plunge and book big names and more guests thats who it works

if every one holds out to the last chance it dose not give us the confidance to book lots of guests and little time just before the event to add guests

well there are my thought

jason

one last thing we love Being Human and the show needs as much help as we can give it and coming to this event and showing your sapourt is a very good way of letting the people making the show know it is liked

if we are not care full the Being Human could go the way of firefly and be axed which would be a crime

so let all get behind it and i hope to see you all there

jason :D

Fair point Jason.... but what do you do about Milton Keynes? There aren't any tickets to sell in advance!

Being Human is superb, best British Show in a long time. But the good news is that is has already been given a second series (the viewing figures were above what the BBC3 people had been hoping for) and will be 8 episodes instead of 6! :WAVE: