Open Ceremony - what time?

sheepyie

Hi, tried to ask Too Tall by PN, but I'm not allowed to send PN :(

I'd like to plan my trip to Northampton but I'm not sure which plane I should take. I will fly by BA coz the flight schedule of EasyJet is driving me insane. :blush:

So, I don't want to be too early but don't want to be too late neither :WAVE:

Will the opening ceremony take place at quite the same time as at the Chevron 7.2 (around 7pm)?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forgive my noobness, since I've never attended a Showmaster con before, but will there be any events on Friday before the opening ceremony? In short, if I arrived on the Friday only in time for the OC, would I be missing out on anything? I'm puzzling over train times as well, and if I need to be there early on the Friday, I might as well come down on Thursday night...

Thanks.

You have to be registered on the Friday by 5PM I THINK (cant remember if it was 5 or 6) but other than that nothing really happens. Registration opens at 1-ish and the dealers room is open, and then the Opening ceremony is at 7. that's how it worked at ET anyway so i doubt they'll have any events on on the Friday here either, just bear in mind that registration closes around 5/6ish.

You have to be registered on the Friday by 5PM I THINK (cant remember if it was 5 or 6) but other than that nothing really happens. Registration opens at 1-ish and the dealers room is open, and then the Opening ceremony is at 7. that's how it worked at ET anyway so i doubt they'll have any events on on the Friday here either, just bear in mind that registration closes around 5/6ish.

Registration closes at 5pm? Really? I'm working until 5pm :( Albeit 5 mins down the road...didn't want to take the whole day off

I search the schedule of Chevron 7.2 and the registration closed on 9pm approx. on Friday (so it was after the closing ceremony). I don't know, if this is alway so, but I guess, they know, that a lot of people had to work or to travel.

• 3 weeks later...

Another question: I know that the schedule won't have been finalised yet, but what time is the event likely to finish on the Sunday night?

I'm now trying to book a homeward train and wouldn't want to leave too early and miss anything. I'm not really bothered about staying until the end of the party 'cause I'm not that into dancing, I'm thinking mainly of the closing ceremony itself.