Thistle Hotel!

Charmer

Ok, I've been trying in vain to book up the hotel for this weekend for aged but the website kept being annoying. Soooo, while I was in London today, I decided to take a slight de-tour to...um, Heathrow Airport and book up the room in person. Not only have I now got a double room booked, it was CHEAPER than it all the priceds they give online by £15-£20! Yay me! :unsure::D:D :D :P:D:D

Ok, I've been trying in vain to book up the hotel for this weekend for aged but the website kept being annoying. Soooo, while I was in London today, I decided to take a slight de-tour to...um, Heathrow Airport and book up the room in person. Not only have I now got a double room booked, it was CHEAPER than it all the priceds they give online by £15-£20! Yay me! :unsure::D:D :D :P:D:D

The prices online are way higher than the price negotiated for attendees, so I hope you didnt pay higher than that.

Actually, I just checked, it's 69 pounds per night I'm paying, I think thats cheaper than the attees price too. However, I did check with a few friends and they said it's usually cheaper for them when they book in person, so I'm happy, lol!

• Moderators

Mmm I can't afford to pay now, so even if I can get it cheaper booking online and paying now, I can't really.

Doesn't make much sense that there'd be cheaper rooms available than the con rate though.

Honestly it just came up total price was £138 when I checked online 10mins ago and that was for 3 nights but when I booked on the phone I was told £80 per night which would be £240 for 3 nights which is £100 more. I'll see what they say when they email back. I'd have to raid the savings to pay now but i'd put it back.

Yeah I just checked the website too and they are charging £60 a night then like £18 fees, so it is £138 for the 3 nights.........Whereas, I like you guys, paid £237.......something's not right..........

Honestly it just came up total price was £138 when I checked online 10mins ago and that was for 3 nights but when I booked on the phone I was told £80 per night which would be £240 for 3 nights which is £100 more. I'll see what they say when they email back. I'd have to raid the savings to pay now but i'd put it back.

Yeah I just checked the website too and they are charging £60 a night then like £18 fees, so it is £138 for the 3 nights.........Whereas, I like you guys, paid £237.......something's not right..........

I exactly had the same feeling when I booked with my friend yesterday 'cause I thought it was really cheap! I was going to phone or email them today but my confirmation clearly says for 3 nights! I just panic they charge us when we get there, it'd be not fair but I'm "glad" to see I'm not the only one with this price so it sounds kinda normal? lol well, I don't know? :unsure:

Edited by LYVIE

I heard that for that you have to print your recipt out or they do charge you the FULL price which is what theyve charged us even tho were suppose 2 get discount rate,

i think i mite have to ring the hotel and see whats going on.

If this works the same as it does for another conventions that are held at the Thistle, you might wanna be careful if you don't book at the convention rate.

1. breakfast is included in the con rate - it is not always included in the online rates, so you may be paying less, but then you don't get breakfast, which lets face it is the only real meal you are gonna get at a con.

2. If the hotel overbook (which hotels always do), people not booked in at the con rate find themselves moved to an overflow hotel.

If this works the same as it does for another conventions that are held at the Thistle, you might wanna be careful if you don't book at the convention rate.

1. breakfast is included in the con rate - it is not always included in the online rates, so you may be paying less, but then you don't get breakfast, which lets face it is the only real meal you are gonna get at a con.

2. If the hotel overbook (which hotels always do), people not booked in at the con rate find themselves moved to an overflow hotel.

ok, this calms me a little.. least i know im deffently in the hotel even if im paying like £100 more :/

I've just called the hotel, the lady said £120 is the good price without the breakfast for an advance booking, it means that our money has been taken already but she certified we wouldn't have to pay a charge except if we want to have breakfast which is normal.

Hope it helps a few people in the same situation who booked online for that rate.

I dont really mind, i mean it's nice to know i've got a hotel etc, but to know that people have it £100 cheaper is a tad annoying........ :(

ALAS, nothing I can do about it know......too much hastle and I'm lazy!