Trains!

Charmer

Yay! I'm very happy! The town I live in, Berkhamsted, has recently got a new rail link direct to East Croyden via Southern Trains...anyhow, guess which station is also one of the stops on the way there? Yep, West Brompton!!! Just outside Earls Court 2! He he, how convenient is that? I can now go to LFCC without even changing trains and be ther within about 45mins! :D:D:unsure::D:D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna jinx myself by saying i've not yet been a victim of a train cancellation or delay ever.

Probably the main reason is I only ever travel by train for cons, I travel the day before and stay over in a hotel so it doesn't affect me what time I get there, and I never ever book my tickets in advance so I just go to Manchester Piccadilly in the morning and hop on the first London or wherever bound train.

I've found the London underground very quick but awfully confusing with all the coloured and named systems and disorientating layouts of the stations that make you have to check about 15 times that you are on the right platform. It's also pretty expensive, but that goes for all things in London I guess - I nearly died when a Greggs pasty cost me 1.50 when the exact same one is about 70p in Manchester lol.