Some Questions

Christoff

1. Schedule: Ok, so I don't expect to get a proper answer for this question (I've even told others for another event that the schedule hasn't been announced yet so there's no point asking lol). However it was different with that event as there had been previous 3 day events to guestimate times for things such as autographs, talks and parties.

What I'm wondering is whether it is likely to be like Chevron 7.2 for example where the autographs were in the morning and talks were in the afternoon, I wonder because if this is the case it could save me a night in a hotel, therefore saving money (if I don't necessarily need to be there on the Saturday morning). I understand that there most likely is no Schedule as of yet, but just curious how likely it is that it will be run similar to previous events (or if there's any 2 day events to base guesses on?).

2. On the website under "Event Programmes" it states:

"1 free photo of each guest attending the show (up to a maximum of 7 guests)"

However under "Autographs" section it states:

"Do I need to bring my own photos to be signed?

As part of the event we will be offering a selection of official 10x8 photographs of all the attending guests for you to purchase."

So which is it? Do we get a free photograph for each guest and then a choice of others to buy as usual, or as the 2nd quote says do we have to buy photographs anyway (or bring something of our own)?

If it is the case that we get a free photo for each guests, well... The 1st quote states "up to a maximum of 7 guests", would we get a choice of the guests that we get a photo for as they're usually just put in the registration pack.

3. This isn't a question but thought I'd point it out, on the same page of the site it seems as though this has been copied and pasted from the Twilight event that should be edited slightly to avoid confusion:

"A personal item is one that you provide yourself to get signed. This means that you can bring along the books to get signed, or other Twilight merchandise that you own. Or alternatively if you have an autograph book you can use this, or the convention booklet provided when you arrive at the event."

Edit: Also in the event announcement topic it states "It will take place on 13th and 14th June 2009 at The Park Inn Hotel, Bedford" however on the site it states "20th-22nd June" so I'm curious as to which is the correct date.

Edited by Christoff

• Showmasters Admin

1. Schedule: Ok, so I don't expect to get a proper answer for this question (I've even told others for another event that the schedule hasn't been announced yet so there's no point asking lol). However it was different with that event as there had been previous 3 day events to guestimate times for things such as autographs, talks and parties.

What I'm wondering is whether it is likely to be like Chevron 7.2 for example where the autographs were in the morning and talks were in the afternoon, I wonder because if this is the case it could save me a night in a hotel, therefore saving money (if I don't necessarily need to be there on the Saturday morning). I understand that there most likely is no Schedule as of yet, but just curious how likely it is that it will be run similar to previous events (or if there's any 2 day events to base guesses on?).

As we've not had a 2 day only con I don't know for sure, and as far as I'm aware the specifics of the schedule for this event have no been gone over yet. But it will very likely be that we will have autographs in the morning and talks in the afternoon as we always do. Please do not assume this means you can miss Saturday morning. With the number of guests being announced and them being from the UK, there is a possiblity that they will only be at the show for one day.

2. On the website under "Event Programmes" it states:

"1 free photo of each guest attending the show (up to a maximum of 7 guests)"

However under "Autographs" section it states:

"Do I need to bring my own photos to be signed?

As part of the event we will be offering a selection of official 10x8 photographs of all the attending guests for you to purchase."

So which is it? Do we get a free photograph for each guest and then a choice of others to buy as usual, or as the 2nd quote says do we have to buy photographs anyway (or bring something of our own)?

If it is the case that we get a free photo for each guests, well... The 1st quote states "up to a maximum of 7 guests", would we get a choice of the guests that we get a photo for as they're usually just put in the registration pack.

We have always given a free 8x10 of each guest in the reg pack. I don't beleive this event will be any different. What the Autograph FAQ it talking about is EXTRA autographs for which we do NOT supply the 8x10s for. Maybe it needs to be made clearer.

The last bit about choice I know nothing about that at present.

3. This isn't a question but thought I'd point it out, on the same page of the site it seems as though this has been copied and pasted from the Twilight event that should be edited slightly to avoid confusion:

"A personal item is one that you provide yourself to get signed. This means that you can bring along the books to get signed, or other Twilight merchandise that you own. Or alternatively if you have an autograph book you can use this, or the convention booklet provided when you arrive at the event."

Yes it is a C&P error, I'm sure SJ will see this a sort it out.

Edit: Also in the event announcement topic it states "It will take place on 13th and 14th June 2009 at The Park Inn Hotel, Bedford" however on the site it states "20th-22nd June" so I'm curious as to which is the correct date.

It is definitly the 13th-14th June. Where does it say 20th-22nd June? All the pages I've seen say 13th-14th.

Edited by Too Tall

Thanks for the reply, the 20th-22nd (also just noticed it states it's at Northampton) is on the website image that shows Cat:

btlpsd.jpg

I just checked and all others seem to be the correct date.

Edited by Christoff

• Showmasters Admin

Also, just to add... under the event programmes it states that you receive:

1 free autograph from each guest (up to a maximum of 7 guests)

1 free photo of each guest attending the show (up to a maximum of 7 guests)

Which clearly states that you will receive photos in your registration pack, but only up to a maximum of 7 (the 7 free autos you will receive).

Under the FAQ there is the following:

Do I need to bring my own photos to be signed?

As part of the event we will be offering a selection of official 10x8 photographs of all the attending guests for you to purchase. But if you have your own photos that you wish to bring, that is fine!

That is just to answer that specific question, no you do not need to bring your own, as we have some available to purchase at the event, but if you want to bring your own you can. It has already specified under event programmes that you get 7 free in your packs, so this was not reiterated in the FAQ section.

Hope that clears that up.

SJ

x

Also, just to add... under the event programmes it states that you receive:

1 free autograph from each guest (up to a maximum of 7 guests)

1 free photo of each guest attending the show (up to a maximum of 7 guests)

Which clearly states that you will receive photos in your registration pack, but only up to a maximum of 7 (the 7 free autos you will receive).

Under the FAQ there is the following:

Do I need to bring my own photos to be signed?

As part of the event we will be offering a selection of official 10x8 photographs of all the attending guests for you to purchase. But if you have your own photos that you wish to bring, that is fine!

That is just to answer that specific question, no you do not need to bring your own, as we have some available to purchase at the event, but if you want to bring your own you can. It has already specified under event programmes that you get 7 free in your packs, so this was not reiterated in the FAQ section.

Hope that clears that up.

SJ

x

Thanks, just wanted to be sure :YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

Okay, clearly the file for Cat did not over-write last year's file... I'll fix it in a minute...

Do you really need to slap me though?? I'm only ickle!!!!!

SJ

xox

But it's fun :firedevil:

Noooooooo!!!

I'll have to hide from you all weekend!!!

:eek:

SJ

x

• Showmasters Admin

Okay, clearly the file for Cat did not over-write last year's file... I'll fix it in a minute...

SJ

xox

Noooooooo!!!

:poki:

SJ

x

SJ hunting. I can see a new sport starting :poki:

• Showmasters Admin

SJ

xox

Noooooooo!!!

:YAHOO:

SJ

x

SJ hunting. I can see a new sport starting :lol:

:P

You can't go starting new sports like that, I'll have to hide in my room all weekend!!! :(

SJ

xox

• Showmasters Admin

SJ

xox

Noooooooo!!!

:YAHOO:

SJ

x

SJ hunting. I can see a new sport starting :lol:

:P

You can't go starting new sports like that, I'll have to hide in my room all weekend!!! :(

SJ

xox

What if we play hunt the SJ but when we catch you we substitute the slap for a hug :(