What Hotel?

paddington

Wanted to go for the Easy Hotel, but there's gonna be 3 of us Starbuck 73, her son and myself. Easy Hotels didn't have the option for a family room and they didn't have the option for children - so we're going for the Ibis now.

will this one be offering fry ups??..lol

Nope!!! May have to find somewhere else for that!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying at the Lord Jim hotel stayed there last year, wasnt too bad only 5 mins from earls court 2. Its 2 mins walk from earls court 1 and the tube station so it wasnt so bad :) breakfast was crap mind :D

We are at Barkston gardens, good ol fry up included with ours, hmmmm i can smell the fry up now...........

How much you paying Jimmy?

Staying at the Lord Jim hotel stayed there last year, wasnt too bad only 5 mins from earls court 2. Its 2 mins walk from earls court 1 and the tube station so it wasnt so bad :) breakfast was crap mind :(

How much you paying Kyle?

And the breakfast can't be as crap as the Ibis - I bet you get a fry up!!

Cyberem has pretty much answered what's the closest hotel. :angel:

The Ibis and the Lily are right beside Earls Court.

I wouldn't recommend the Lily though. There were some very bad reviews about the hotel on here two years ago, and Tripadvisor isn't exactly positive either.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm taking a look for me and my friends (and my friends stepdad), and I thought I'd post some of the best finds I've had for people.. I've listed 10 good hotels, and

easyHotel London Earls Court is the closest (0.4 miles), and it's £45 for a 2 person room.

Norbury Crescent Hotel is the cheapest, at £80 for 4 people! However, travel costs more 'cause its 7.9 miles away.

Hope this might help someone! :)

Had booked the Lily Hotel as there are 4 of us traveling together and needed to share a room. After checking out the ratings have now cancelled and am on the search for another hotel that has large rooms. Thank you for the warning.

• 2 weeks later...

Starbuck73 and I are staying in Easy Hotel. Although we're hoping they're not so strict as we sneak her son in.

I stay there every year. They are not strict really, they don't distinguish between double and single for example in price or room space, so they should be ok on another person. And once you check in you are on your own really, there are no porters or cleaners while you are in the room, with vending machines for food and cleaners only before you're in and once you go.

One warning though, unless you got a larger than average room it would be an extremely tight squeeze!

Starbuck73 and I are staying in Easy Hotel. Although we're hoping they're not so strict as we sneak her son in.

I stay there every year. They are not strict really, they don't distinguish between double and single for example in price or room space, so they should be ok on another person. And once you check in you are on your own really, there are no porters or cleaners while you are in the room, with vending machines for food and cleaners only before you're in and once you go.

One warning though, unless you got a larger than average room it would be an extremely tight squeeze!

So I better leave my suitcase full of make up and stuff at home then :(

So I better leave my suitcase full of make up and stuff at home then :blink:

A Suitcase?! lol I take it you haven't stayed there before? In most rooms the walls touch three sides of the double bed, with the en suite nice and clean but also very small; you could wee and shower at the same time (if you had to)! lol.

Take an overnight bag that you can feasibly fit under a bed that's about 2ft off the floor. I take a large backpack and an overnight holdall so I can take three changes of clothes but have enough room for the stuff I buy.

I love the hotel, as I say it's always clean, neat and very accessible to the event, tescos, the train station and the nearby restaurants (nandos... mmmm). Oh, and very cheap!

But, it is very small. Being so cheap it means it's going to compromise on a few things, and I'm thankful it's size and food services rather than cleanliness, location or otherwise.

So I better leave my suitcase full of make up and stuff at home then :WINCE:

A Suitcase?! lol I take it you haven't stayed there before? In most rooms the walls touch three sides of the double bed, with the en suite nice and clean but also very small; you could wee and shower at the same time (if you had to)! lol.

Take an overnight bag that you can feasibly fit under a bed that's about 2ft off the floor. I take a large backpack and an overnight holdall so I can take three changes of clothes but have enough room for the stuff I buy.

I love the hotel, as I say it's always clean, neat and very accessible to the event, tescos, the train station and the nearby restaurants (nandos... mmmm). Oh, and very cheap!

But, it is very small. Being so cheap it means it's going to compromise on a few things, and I'm thankful it's size and food services rather than cleanliness, location or otherwise.

Tis ok - I was joking about the suitcase full of make up. Eyeliner and lippy and I'm done :blush:

I'm bringing a rucksack with stuff and that's me done.

There's still half a room goin at the ibis if anyone want's it, i made sure to book singles, theres an airbed attendin as well if anyone wants that. lol right now to search for a 1940's outfit for the haworth reenactment this weekend, toodles. lol :thumbup: