What Hotel?

paddington

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, anyone going to the Ibis in Lillie Road?

The other Ibis I found nearer EC2 seems to exist only on the Google map, and nowhere else..... Really confusing!!!

Me, my hubby and daughter are stopping at the Ibis in Lillie Road Saturday night

:chair:

So, anyone going to the Ibis in Lillie Road?

The other Ibis I found nearer EC2 seems to exist only on the Google map, and nowhere else..... Really confusing!!!

Me, my hubby and daughter are stopping at the Ibis in Lillie Road Saturday night

:chair:

Okay, great!

Okay, is anybody else at the Ibis Earls Court and got a phone call asking to confirm if you're still coming?

They called me earlier this evening checking if my booking was valid because I made it last year already. I was slightly surprised to say the least.

I bet you was! So you're not supposed to be booking in the same hotel two years in a row? Are they kidding??

No I didn't get any phone call. I hope my booking is valid though, since the money has not been taken out of my account, and yet it was a special price that stated the money was supposed to be taken right away after the booking.... Back in April.

Wait and see!

I've been staying at this hotel since LFCC moved to Earls Court and have always made my reservations a couple of weeks after the date for next year was announced. I know I'm going anyway, so no harm in getting things done early.

I asked twice why they were checking - I'm on another tariff than you are and payment will be taken when I get there - and was told "because you made the booking last year." Not that this ever has been a problem before. LFCC is not the only convention in Earls Court, so you should think they are used to it.

My boyfriend thinks that probably they overbooked and are trying to get rid of bookings or something. Let's hope that this hasn't happened. A friend of mine was a late arrival two years ago, and although she had prepaid they had given her room away and moved her to another hotel for one night.

I'm at the Earl's Court on Lillie Road too not had any phone calls no QS. Though could do with ringing them tomorrow as I'm sure I booked a double room with a sofa bed and I only have a double bed frmo what they were saying.

Do they even have double rooms with sofa beds? :headscratch: I wasn't aware of that.

The room type as something that the woman who called asked about three times. "You have a twin room, yes?"

We'll find out on Friday (or at least in my case)

Yeah, for me too. I'm hoping to be at the hotel at 3 PM at the latest. My room mate is arriving at Heathrow a little after me, so I'll hang around there and wait for her. It would be stupid if we both sat through the tube ride into the city alone, her flight only comes in 45 minutes later than mine.

I hope everything will be okay! I will be able to get there as soon as check-in opens (12.00) as my Eurostar arrives in London before 8 am.... Yeah, I know, I took guarantees to be there very early! XD But this way I'll get to visit places in London during the day!

Heh yeah hopefully, I'm going on my own now so if there are a few of us at easyhotel it will make me feel a wee bit safer

Easyhotel seems to be quite nice really for a budget hotel, stayed in the paddington one back in may. Only downer is there's no bar!! Vending machines anyone?!

My hubby just told me that the Ibis rang us yesterday to make sure we still wanted the room too !

Definitely sounds as though they have overbooked

:uhoh:

:vader:

I'm just glad now that I have booked a flight earlier than usual. Looks like I will be going by tube alone after all. I am not keen on a repeat experience from two years ago.

My hubby just told me that the Ibis rang us yesterday to make sure we still wanted the room too !

Definitely sounds as though they have overbooked

:uhoh:

Had this happen to us before on several occassions. Didnt get into the ibis this time so we are in the Trebovir. Seems nice enough if not a little small.

The Ibis dont have sofa beds its a small be along the side of the window and the staff have to unlock it as they dont like it used unless its for a child.

If you expect to check in at 12 noon be prepared for your room not to be ready. We have gone to check in at 12 and the room hasnt been ready until 2pm. Was travelling with my daughter who wasnt feeling great and wanted to get into the room for a lie down but instead we had to wander round town for several hours.

My boyfriend thinks that probably they overbooked and are trying to get rid of bookings or something. Let's hope that this hasn't happened. A friend of mine was a late arrival two years ago, and although she had prepaid they had given her room away and moved her to another hotel for one night.

That may very well be the case. The hotel is definitely booked to capacity as we tried to get a room there a few weeks ago but couldn't because the hotel was full. Hope they have a room for you when you get there!