What Hotel?

paddington

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a look and i'm deffo thinkin ibis, seein as it's cheap but i think they do have a good rep. Just waiting for the boyfriend to tell me he's going, just d it sounds like he's not so if anyone wants to room share at 87.15 for the weekend, from friday night to monday morning let me know. or i'm willing to share with another 2 or 3 people besides myself, really cutting the costs down to around 50 or 40 quid. :YAHOO:

Edited by liremaer

• 2 weeks later...

Have stayed at the IBIS several times and i thought it was really good for the money (slightly more than travelodge type places but worth it I think). Food is good. Has aircon in every room which is great for a summer event. Even better if you can get a north facing room because you can see the venue plus for about 10 miles across London towards Canary wharf. When I couldn't get in at IBIS there are many smaller hotels in the roads surrounding the venue.

Definitely staying at EasyHotel Earls Court again.

It's by the "Easyjet" company so predictably its very small rooms that are bright orange lol.

Yeah the rooms are small at the bottom end of the price scale (3 of the walls will touch 3 sides of the double bed), you have to pay a fiver more for a room with a window (seriously lol), there is no lift and the en suite is "snug", but its all really nice, very clean, comfortable, within a short walk from restaurants, the tube station and of course the venue itself so it's really good for just one or two nights.

And, for the price (£24 - 40 per night for a double room (with window lol) depending how far in advance booked), it's pretty damn good.

Edited by nadatron

Why did i not see this place. lol, oh well, what's booked is booked, tho i'll deffo keep that p[lace in mind for next year. really need to start saving, i have a mahoosive bike raly the month before as well. Looks like the credit card is gonna be working over time in july, oh well.

It's by the "Easyjet" company so predictably its very small rooms that are bright orange lol.

My only reservation about the place is the decor, or more particularly, could I tolerate waking up to such an orange overdose with a hangover? :D

Yeah the rooms are small at the bottom end of the price scale (3 of the walls will touch 3 sides of the double bed), you have to pay a fiver more for a room with a window (seriously lol), there is no lift and the en suite is "snug", but its all really nice, very clean, comfortable, within a short walk from restaurants, the tube station and of course the venue itself so it's really good for just one or two nights.

And, for the price (�24 - 40 per night for a double room (with window lol) depending how far in advance booked), it's pretty damn good.

Great booked this one last week Iam glad its got a good feedback

Thanks

B)

Yeah had a look at the easy hotel. lol, not quite sure that, that orange and a hangover will mix, seein as on the friday night i'm meetin up with an old friend from uni who lives in essex, major drinking sesh planned, i can imagine the pain now. lol :o Other than that i like to have a remote for the telly and a window by default still is defffo a think about for next year. :D

Well, the two ones I can think off are the IBIS and the one I'm staying at, Barkston Gardens.

Just wondering, does the Barkston Gardens Hotel have a lift? No mention of this is made on the website. I'll be staying in London for 5 days and made a reservation at the Henley House Hotel. Barkston Gardens is cheaper and I still have time to switch, but I would prefer a hotel with a lift. B)

Well, the two ones I can think off are the IBIS and the one I'm staying at, Barkston Gardens.

Just wondering, does the Barkston Gardens Hotel have a lift? No mention of this is made on the website. I'll be staying in London for 5 days and made a reservation at the Henley House Hotel. Barkston Gardens is cheaper and I still have time to switch, but I would prefer a hotel with a lift. B)

According to Expedia yes, but if you read the recent reviews at Tripadvisor you'll find that it's a little tempramental ("Only downside to our stay was the lift. It proved increasingly difficult to call and by the last day had given up completely. We left the engineers to it and walked down the stairs. Could happen anywhere but it did seem that this event wasn't too unusual." from a January '09 stay and "Very slow elevator, we used the stairs instead." from a Feb '09 visitor).

Just wondering, does the Barkston Gardens Hotel have a lift? No mention of this is made on the website. I'll be staying in London for 5 days and made a reservation at the Henley House Hotel. Barkston Gardens is cheaper and I still have time to switch, but I would prefer a hotel with a lift. :D

According to Expedia yes, but if you read the recent reviews at Tripadvisor you'll find that it's a little tempramental ("Only downside to our stay was the lift. It proved increasingly difficult to call and by the last day had given up completely. We left the engineers to it and walked down the stairs. Could happen anywhere but it did seem that this event wasn't too unusual." from a January '09 stay and "Very slow elevator, we used the stairs instead." from a Feb '09 visitor).

Thank you so much for your reply. :D

• 2 weeks later...

how come you don't want it Steve? :D

surfy sah xx

Room was booked sat-mon non refundable..

My lot are staying fri to sun..so slight prob there with the days :poki:

Have sorted it all out now, but would have had to book another night/room for fri, and I was about the only person who could actually stay till monday afternoon/evening.

The Ibis and the Lily are right beside Earls Court. If you want cheaper then the Easy hotel is about ten minutes walk away. I stayed there the last time - the rooms without windows are a bit too much to take though! Plus the rooms can be very small and the air conditioning loud, but as I say, cheap!

Wanted to go for the Easy Hotel, but there's gonna be 3 of us Starbuck 73, her son and myself. Easy Hotels didn't have the option for a family room and they didn't have the option for children - so we're going for the Ibis now.

will this one be offering fry ups??..lol