New episodes on DVD

dwarfbabe

Oooh that's the day after the convention ends :P

I ordered the Anniversary Edition boxset a couple of days ago and it came today :P

I wonder if any of the dealers might have copies? I went to a Supernatural convention where this happened and the dealers sold them early.

The shops will definitely have copies in, need them to have on shelves first thing Monday morning, and I expect Play (and co) will post them the week before too. Chances are they'd arrive the Saturday whilst you are at the con, but you might get lucky.

I know some of the Dr Who dealers sell the DVDs a few days early, so I'd have thought if the RD dealers have them in hand they will sell at the event.

I ordered the Anniversary Edition boxset a couple of days ago and it came today :wub:

is there anything cool about this boxset? different extras? other material? I just have the single DVDs but 2 of them came with the awesome freebies: Starbug and a Scutter :chair:

surfy sah xx

I ordered the Anniversary Edition boxset a couple of days ago and it came today :thumbup:

is there anything cool about this boxset? different extras? other material? I just have the single DVDs but 2 of them came with the awesome freebies: Starbug and a Scutter :D

surfy sah xx

There's no extras, it's just the shows, however it's A4 size (like paper) and is designed to be like a photo album, it has photos of the cast in it with quotes and stuff, I've not actually had a proper look at it, I think there's a page or 2 per series with each disk in their own section. This is what it looks like:

dvdexplode.jpg

I thought it'd be a nice item to get signed at the event, on the 1st page it has a photo of all the main cast apart from Chloë Annett/Kristine Kochanski. So an ideal place for them to sign, though not sure what to do about her :( (There is one picture of her but it's towards the back of the 'book')

Because it didn't have any extras I bought "Just the Smegs" too for the bonus stuff, though I'm not sure if it has all the bonus material that's on the other dvds so if anyone knows?

Edited by Christoff

• 2 months later...

I would expect a DVD signing at HMV London as well, probably during the week, as they have done before.

Just the shows. Just the Smegs are just the plain versions, no extras on any of them.

It gives the casual watchers all the Episodes and Smegs but non of the extras.

If you want the full experience then the DVD's 1-8 are your best bet.

You never know there might be a full cast picture available to buy.

never gotten a DVD signed, how would you display it? :P like to stick with my 8x10s then you can put them on the wall/in a frame or in a folder and store them easilly :smile:

if you want BACK TO EARTH for a fair price, try HERE £12 isn't so bad :blush:

hope that SJ makes the usual photoshop version of the con on an 8x10, that way can get all the guests on the same image :smile: though I have a cast shot that needs Craig's sig from LFaCC1 and a great photo from DUCT SOUP :wub: that I'm gunna get signed by Craig, Annett, Danny and Robert

surfy sah xx

I would expect a DVD signing at HMV London as well, probably during the week, as they have done before.

Just the shows. Just the Smegs are just the plain versions, no extras on any of them.

It gives the casual watchers all the Episodes and Smegs but non of the extras.

If you want the full experience then the DVD's 1-8 are your best bet.

You never know there might be a full cast picture available to buy.

I thought the smeg ups were the extras, what other extras are included with the box sets?

• Showmasters Admin

I have the versions that first came out. And on that I it has a load of interviews with cast and crew. Doco about different espisodes. And number of different things.

I have the versions that first came out. And on that I it has a load of interviews with cast and crew. Doco about different espisodes. And number of different things.

Each individual series set has a good chunky (60mins plus) documentary involving all the cast, Doug Naylor and many of the crew, chapters of the audio book, selected episodes dubbed into Japanese and other "novel" languages, out-takes, deleted scenes, model shots, photogalleries, some smaller featurettes, and of course a full cast commentary on every episode - they really went to town on them compared to some BBC released !!