ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take a sturdy plastic artwork tube for my posters.

Its extendible so can be used for any size, but becuase the art is rolled its much smaller, and mine has a shoulder strap which makes it really easy to take around.

This is pretty much the one I have

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIANT-Zoom-Tube-Stor...93%3A1|294%3A50

That's cool, Darth. Unfortunately my boards are laminated and mounted on 5mm foamex board, so a flat portfolio is really my only hope. I'm gonna look around and see if I can find a square-ish one that'll accomodate the 500mm x 500mm boards - it might be a little easier than a standard A1 :s

I won a couple of autograph vouchers at one of the cosplay competitions before I was running it and I've not had a chance to spend them. As far as I can tell they're not event-specific, simply saying "Collectormania" on the front. I was wondering if I'll have to wait til a Collectormania to use them, or if I could swap them for LFCC ones/use them at LFCC.

I know you can get something personalised autograph,or you can get a picture signed at the convention, but can you get yourself signed i.e. your arm? weird Q i know...

Well, I don't know really, but then again - why would you pay e.g. 15 quid for something that will disappear after a wash? (unless you're gonna tattoo it in of course.)

Haha i was gonna do that but i didn't reaaally wanna admit it haha! but yeah i know what you mean... hmmm

I take a sturdy plastic artwork tube for my posters.

Its extendible so can be used for any size, but becuase the art is rolled its much smaller, and mine has a shoulder strap which makes it really easy to take around.

This is pretty much the one I have

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIANT-Zoom-Tube-Stor...93%3A1|294%3A50

That's really useful - I'd never seen these before, but I'm totally getting one now. I got Burn to sign my Torchwood poster at CM15 but the cardboard tube got bent on the way home so the poster got bent, I was so upset :YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

I won a couple of autograph vouchers at one of the cosplay competitions before I was running it and I've not had a chance to spend them. As far as I can tell they're not event-specific, simply saying "Collectormania" on the front. I was wondering if I'll have to wait til a Collectormania to use them, or if I could swap them for LFCC ones/use them at LFCC.

Come and see me at the show and we'll sort something out.

I know you can get something personalised autograph,or you can get a picture signed at the convention, but can you get yourself signed i.e. your arm? weird Q i know...

Well, I don't know really, but then again - why would you pay e.g. 15 quid for something that will disappear after a wash? (unless you're gonna tattoo it in of course.)

Haha i was gonna do that but i didn't reaaally wanna admit it haha! but yeah i know what you mean... hmmm

I have seen that done before, in fact the guest even asked the guy to come back the next day so he could see the finished product!

I have seen that done before, in fact the guest even asked the guy to come back the next day so he could see the finished product!

haha i should soooo get that. but 1) i'm underage 2) only my mam said she is allowed to do that :/

• Showmasters Admin

I've ordered a ticket for Scott Bakula's photo session on the Sunday, would it be possible to swap it for a Saturday session ticket?

I'm sorry but tickets are non-refundable (unless the guests cancels) which does include swapping days I'm afraid.

Saying that, go and ask at the Org booth at the show. They may be able to swap it for you.

I'm sorry but tickets are non-refundable (unless the guests cancels) which does include swapping days I'm afraid.

Saying that, go and ask at the Org booth at the show. They may be able to swap it for you.

Okay, thank you, will do :(

Hi I was woundering will a schedule of autographs and the photo sessions be put up online or are only going to availble on the day?

I was going to start buying autograph and photot tickets with my next couple of wages but don't want one to clash with the other and I dont see any times on the tickets only dates.

Thanks for any help.

• Moderators

I'm not really sure what you mean by an autograph schedule. There's a list of the days which they're attending so far. They generally sign all day apart from lunch breaks, and if they have talks/photos.

And the photo session schedule will be put online beforehand.

They have Gold Pass, Pre-Booked and Pay On The Day queues.

So you'll be in the pre-booked and then you go straight in.

Thanks David can't you tell its been ages since I've been to a paying convention. Even then I don't think I've ever prebooked think I've only every bought on the day.

I'm not really sure what you mean by an autograph schedule. There's a list of the days which they're attending so far. They generally sign all day apart from lunch breaks, and if they have talks/photos.

And the photo session schedule will be put online beforehand.

Also you can't buy autograph tickets for LFACC in advance.

The only events were extra autograph tickets are sold online are the Massive Events shows like Eternal Twilight or The Hub.

Ah thanks I have only ever been to events like the Hub and at collecto at Glasgow I didn't think the geusts were at the table all day. I just wasn't sure how it worked because it's such a big event.

Thanks

I thought that I would make it known, after reading through this thread, people have been asking for tubes to get to the place, from certain area's. On that weekend, there are scheduled full closures and part closures of certain lines.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/r....aspx?offset=18

This is the site which has the details of the closures on it, if you select the date which you are travelling on the tubes, it will show you the ones in colour which are closed.

On the Saturday, the Victoria line is closed, and the District line is closed between Upney and Aldgate East.

On the Sunday, this is exactly the same. The other lines which are closed are Metropolitan, Hammersmith and City (part closed between Liverpool Street and Barking) and Waterloo and City.

Hope this helps people planning tube trips to the venue. I'm personally coming from Victoria, so I will be getting the District line from Victoria to Earl's Court or West Brompton.

It's also worth noting that the overground rail line between Willesden Junction and Clapham Junction will be closed all weekend. This will affect anyone planning to use the line to travel to West Brompton (as I was). There are replacement buses, but you might want to just travel into London and get the District Line instead (as I will be).

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for the QA of this, couldn't find, sorry if it has already been posted before

Can we go into Earls Court on Friday? Or best to wait for Saturday morning when the con starts?

I thought if there were staff there on Friday we could register then but if registry only starts Saturday I'll just use Friday to check where facilities etc are inside the venue

Any info someone could post clearing this up I'd appreciate Thanks!

I thought if there were staff there on Friday we could register then but if registry only starts Saturday I'll just use Friday to check where facilities etc are inside the venue

You don't even need to register at the event, that is if you are not a Gold Pass holder. You hand your entry ticket to the staff on the entrance and that's it.

They'll be setting up the event, and there's nothing actually open

Ah, right, thanks for the heads up on that.

I've been used to cons that register on Fridays! There might well be other differences with LFCC I'll need to bear in mind :P

You don't even need to register at the event, that is if you are not a Gold Pass holder. You hand your entry ticket to the staff on the entrance and that's it

I'll be collecting a Gold Pass. I'm guessing a queue forms of people needing to collect Gold Passes, on the Saturday morning.

I'm sure I'll spot that queue and know I found the right place to wait :)

I'll be collecting a Gold Pass. I'm guessing a queue forms of people needing to collect Gold Passes, on the Saturday morning.

I'm sure I'll spot that queue and know I found the right place to wait :)

There's a separate line for Gold Pass holders, that's right. There's a sign on the door in case you're first to arrive. Otherwise just pick the shortest queue. :P