nadatron

41 members have voted

1. 1. How Likely are you to attend?

• Definately attending
    • Likely attending
    • Likely not attending
    • Definately not attending
    • Unsure
  2. 2. Which aspects of the event are you mainly attending for?

• Autographs (providing of course they are from film/tv/book/media of your taste)
    • Photoshoots (providing of course they are from film/tv/book/media of your taste)
    • Guest talks
    • Dealers tables / Comics stalls
    • Social - meeting new people
    • Cosplay
    • Equal mix / no real preference

I figured I'd throw the question out there to see how many people will be attending, and we can see how much of a crowd and which areas might be more busy than others etc. These things are useful for us because if we know for example most people here were going for dealers, we can plan ahead a bit more regarding arrival times etc.

I know there are still issues about the actual date, but treat the first question as if the date had been confirmed; let's face it, if it never is then this poll will mean diddly squat anyway.

So, providing a suitable date can be arranged, how likely are you to attend Collectormania Manchester?

And which aspects of the event are you mainly attending for? (I know this question is specific when most of us go for several aspects, but I mean the major reason for us going or the aspect of the even we would spend the most time on)

Myself I'm definitely going, and mainly for the autographs

Attending (date permitting) and my most important aspect is the photoshoots. I have a massive collection that I plan to keep developing.

yep same for me... photoshoot but i'm a maybe at mo.

in your collection which would you pick as your stand outs Psychosis?

My Robert Englund photos are bloomin awesome! He had the glove and everything... I was so excited about that. I also really like one I had done with Alona Tal - she was smiling in every single photo and staring forward, but for some reason in mine we both (coincidentally) tilted our heads and sort of pouted. It looks like some kind of modelling shoot, haha. I also have fond memories of my Robert Patrick one - it's not a great photo but it was my first ever and I was so star struck back then.

What about you?

My Robert Englund photos are bloomin awesome! He had the glove and everything... I was so excited about that. I also really like one I had done with Alona Tal - she was smiling in every single photo and staring forward, but for some reason in mine we both (coincidentally) tilted our heads and sort of pouted. It looks like some kind of modelling shoot, haha. I also have fond memories of my Robert Patrick one - it's not a great photo but it was my first ever and I was so star struck back then.

What about you?

I had one with Dee Wallace once that i was really exited about (but didn't smile for some reason - but again this was the early days!) but i really treasure my John Hurt photo cos he's a legend & Jewel Staite as she was so sweet.

I always seem to have to miss the shows robert englund goes to. he looks like a lot of fun to meet as well - really good with fans. was he a bit wild?

I had one with Dee Wallace once that i was really exited about (but didn't smile for some reason - but again this was the early days!) but i really treasure my John Hurt photo cos he's a legend & Jewel Staite as she was so sweet.

I always seem to have to miss the shows robert englund goes to. he looks like a lot of fun to meet as well - really good with fans. was he a bit wild?

He wasn't wild but he was awesome. It was really bizarre for me though because Freddy is one of my favourite movie characters. I have a lot of hair and it got in front of my eyes when he held his glove over my face. When the photographer mentioned it, Robert really gently moved my hair aside with one of his "knives". I was standing there thinking 'oh my god, this is the most surreal moment of my life'.

He wasn't wild but he was awesome. It was really bizarre for me though because Freddy is one of my favourite movie characters. I have a lot of hair and it got in front of my eyes when he held his glove over my face. When the photographer mentioned it, Robert really gently moved my hair aside with one of his "knives". I was standing there thinking 'oh my god, this is the most surreal moment of my life'.

and right there is the reason i go to these events. . . moments when you think - how mad is this?!?

to wear the glove as well! i bet that was a welcome surprise...!

Which Elm Street is your favourite? I love the first one but (unlike a lot of people) also like Freddys Revenge. Thought it was darker like the first one.

I've still not ever been to a CM Manc yet. The guests have never appealed to me.

I nearly did a while back when they had Charles Cyphers for Escape From New York and Nancy Loomis for Assault On Precent 13 but I couldnt justify the flight over for just them when really its only one of them I wanted a sig of anyway (who wasn't in the movie for long).

Edited by nicky

Unsure at the moment, and if they don't officially announce the dates soon then it will be a definate no from me, even if there is someone I want to see, as my OH has to give notice for holiday like Im sure others do, and therefore if he can't give enough notice then we can't and won't go simple as that.

:D

LLAP :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Likewise, if SM want to make a success of this show then they really do have their work cut out for them if they want it to go ahead at the same sort of time as LFCC.

Are they even acknowledging the existance of this particular forum anymore?

I'd hate for manchester to be cancelled completely, it's been one of their best venues so far in terms of guests.

Edited by stavrosb