Latest Guest Announcement - George Baker

showmasters

Excellent guest announcement. He attended a Tenth Planet (they can be mentioned on the Showmasters forum can't they, as they were at the last Autographica at the B'ham Hilton Metropole in April last year?) event a couple of weekends ago down south but I wasn't going to travel down there for just one person. So I'm very pleased George Baker has been announced for this event in Birmingham.

Hopefully they will have some Inspector Wexford photos on his table, plus some pictures from On Her Majesty's Secret Service and The Spy Who Loved Me.

• 3 weeks later...

Correct me if I am wrong but somewhere at back of my mind I remember George passing away late last year - and when I checked IMDB there was no date of death but then on Wikipedia it states his date of death as 1 December 2008. It is the same George Baker as it lists his films/tv appearances at the bottom of the page. All I can think is that this is another mistaken death like what happened with Norman Wisdom at Christmas???

Hope he is still alive and kicking as he was a great no.2 in the prisoner

Correct me if I am wrong but somewhere at back of my mind I remember George passing away late last year - and when I checked IMDB there was no date of death but then on Wikipedia it states his date of death as 1 December 2008. It is the same George Baker as it lists his films/tv appearances at the bottom of the page. All I can think is that this is another mistaken death like what happened with Norman Wisdom at Christmas???

Maybe Wikipedia is referring to another actor with the same name?

Correct me if I am wrong but somewhere at back of my mind I remember George passing away late last year - and when I checked IMDB there was no date of death but then on Wikipedia it states his date of death as 1 December 2008.

He did a signing at the end of January for Tenth Planet - which is how he ended up in the guest contacts list :lol:

Wikipedia are renowned for getting things completely wrong and also for making loads of stuff up too. :YAHOO:

• 1 month later...

Would it be wrong to suggest confirmation is being held off in fear of losing a few attendees? What with the crunch and all, I'm sure most of us customers are thinking about attending based on the amount of people we want to meet being there.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but some clarity on this guest must be achievable a week from the event, surely???