FAN FIC COMPETITION ENTRY

Mrs.CharCullen

A Kiss

We were standing in the clearing, near the reservation. It was spring and one of Forks few sunny days. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky. The rays of light sparkled on the grass and the scent of flowers hung thick in the air. Now was the moment, I thought. Far enough from the house so dad wouldn’t here me…

Plucking up my courage I turned and Jake was standing closer than I had expected. My senses were usually so sharp; I could hear a twig falling from miles away. I was sure he could here my heart beating faster. What was wrong with me? Jacob was just a friend, my very best friend, but nevertheless just a friend.

But lately…

I had never noticed before how many different colors his russet fur had in the sun or how beautiful his dark eyes were. The way his laughter made my heart glow and his smile made me want to sing. How I felt unsure when he wasn’t by my side and hours felt like days when he had to leave to go on patrol.

He looked up and I saw the quizzical look on his face. As always he was on his guard, worried I wasn’t perfectly alright. Slowly, I put my hand on his face. If I weren’t half vampire I was sure it would be shaking. I felt his hot breath on the palm of my hand and sighed. I saw the surprise on his face as he heard what I was telling him. Not telling but showing. Not words but colors, bright and shiny, everything that was Jacob, his smile, his laugh, images of us together, running side by side, racing, having fun. Even in years to come I could never forgot that moment of pure bliss. I looked into his eyes, leaned forward and felt his lips on mine.

"Nessie..?"

"Yes?"

"You’re my gravity… you know that?"

I laughed.

Mom had told me how much she loved dad. I had never understood. Now I knew.

Charlotte a.k.a MRs.CharCullen

Edited by MRs.CharCullen

• 3 months later...