68. 5.3 - Shadowboxing

69. 5.0 - Brothers Keeper

Edited by Phoenix Will Rise

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'm quite happy with that actually. I was worried it would've gone down from Villains finale, but it didn't.

I like to think it wasn't the kinda episode that would turn people off, but I guess time will tell.

I'm quite happy with that actually. I was worried it would've gone down from Villains finale, but it didn't.

I like to think it wasn't the kinda episode that would turn people off, but I guess time will tell.

Yep, a gain is better than a drop... I just hope it maintains it!

I'm just surprised that a show like Medium is getting more viewers than Heroes!!

It isn't looking good - the series has lost almost half its audience from when it first started. And I must say, I’ve not been too impressed with the start of Vol 4 either. But I’ll keep watching of course!

Even if the ratings continue to drop I can't see the network dropping it at the moment, the spin-off merchandise and overseas fandom etc is worth too much. But this is America we're talking about, common sense doesn't come into it!

They just had to have it on the same day as 24. 24 is a very popular show in the US and it is taking most of the viewers.

But in my opinion Heroes is starting to become really amazing again and starting to regain the feeling of how it was like in season 1.

Edited by Tanith

• Moderators

It was certainly never going to be fixed overnight .. or indeed in a week. I think everyone's fairly cautious about it. But I think if the network is willing to stick with it, depending on competition etc, it can stick with a decent viewership once the word spreads and reviews are constantly good etc hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Down again this week, 7.7 million for "Building 26"

they are getting scarily close to having a new "lowest ever" episode...

:D But this volume is great! People must be crazy to stop watching :P

I know a lot of people who watch both 24 and Heroes. Wouldn't surprise me if most of them watch 24 at 9pm and watched Heroes elsewhere or recorded it for later.

Yep, that is the one thing these TV ratings dont show - people who record the show and watch it later, people who download it etc...

Heroes is usually always the #1 downloaded show on iTunes...

I did read an article that said Heroes was in the top 5 of shows watched online, it was a recent survey [it might've been for iTunes].

Do they take things like that into account when deciding whether or not to keep or cancel a series?

I did read an article that said Heroes was in the top 5 of shows watched online, it was a recent survey [it might've been for iTunes].

Do they take things like that into account when deciding whether or not to keep or cancel a series?

Not sure, but seeing that NBC don't have many good shows I doubt they'll stop the one that has a longterm fanbase.

Yes and No!

For most TV show's, the money comes from advertising, and with iTunes etc, the ad's are cut... Therefore NBC would rather the extra few million people watched the show as it airs on TV, rather than downloading...

But yes, the fact that they make money from people buying each episode, and buying the DVD's etc, it will help the show, it just might not have as big a budget...

Heroes is such a global success though that I highly doubt NBC will even considering dropping it.. It will easily get past a 4th season and into a 5th season before there are any serious concerns regarding cancellation

Bad news all round, Monday's episode became the lowest watched episode EVER with 6.9 million viewers... and on the back of this NBC has axed more of the writing staff, supposedly for "budget cuts".... :(:D

The last episode low was 7.5 million... so dropping to 6.9 is really a big drop...

Edited by Phoenix Will Rise

That is a crying shame as I think that was one of the best episodes in a long time. Let's hope a lot of people Tivo'd it or whatever they do over there. I'm concentrating on the fact that ratings don't count those viewers -of which there are many!