US Ratings Update

Phoenix Will Rise

*Note how with both Dancing and House, they GAINED in their second hour, while Heroes dropped in it's second hour... not a good sign

I find it odd that anything would gain in the second hour though, people would miss the first episode. I'd not watch the second without having seen the first :D I'd expect that if there was any change it'd be a drop, though that's quite a big drop :P

I know, and House GAINED 1.5 million....

I guess people switched over from Heroes to House.... (since both aired their 2 hour premiers at the same time...)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Sorry I havent updated in a few weeks, here is the full Season 4 ratings, sadly, Heroes is still dropping and reaching new lows each week :smile:

4.01 - Orientation - 6.0

4.02 - Jump, Push, Fall - 5.7

4.03 - Ink - 5.8

4.04 - Acceptance - 5.4

4.05 - Hysterical Blindness - 5.6

4.06 - Tabula Rasa - 5.6

4.07 - Strange Atractors - 5.8

4.08 - Once Upon A Time in Texas - 6.1

4.09 - Shadowboxing - 5.3

4.10 - Brothers Keeper - 5.0

4.11 - Thanksgiving - 5.1

4.12 - The Fifth Stage - 5.9

Edited by Phoenix Will Rise

Is there anything that would've caused such a fluctuation from 6.1 to 5.0 in 2 episodes? Or is it simply the show?

I think it is because One Upon A Time in Texas was hyped up a LOT, and seemed to get a lot of extra press and media mentions, so I guess that attrached more viewers, but then they must not have been impressed enough so never came back after that..

To be honest, even I, a massive Heroes fan, have only seen the first 5 episodes, I am struggeling to get through this season, it just seems that there is so much more better things on TV now... which is a shame, Heroes deserves to do better...

Part of me feels that they should (if they get the chance!) have 1 more series, and almost start a fresh, wipe out all the current characters (they each have too much history now and they keep contradicting themselves/their history, and to be honest, I am finding it hard to care for ANY of the existing characters in the show now), and try building the show from the ground up again and who knows maybe that could give it a boost and bring back the season 1 magic...

But with the ratings as awful as they are now, I dont even know if NBC would bring it back for another season... I dont have oversea's ratings, does anyone know how it's doing? Is it still a hit outside of the US? I think the UK ratings also took a massive tumble, to the extent that BBC are not even worried about if they show it or not anymore...

I remember last year we were chatting about this, and people were saying, a long as it stays above 6 million then it should be fine... but now it's potentially going to be below 5 million....

• 1 month later...

Heroes came back in the US on Monday night with a 2 episodes back to back, and the series reached a brand new horrifying low!! Things are really not looking very good for Heroes to get a 5th Season...

4.12 - Upon This Rock - 5.3 million

4.13 - Let It Bleed - 4.5 million

What is really worrying about the above numbers, is that from 8pm to 9pm, the show lost almost a million viewers... pretty much 1 in 5 people watched the start of the 2 hour event and then gave up...

And the show's previous series low was 5.0 million, so dropping to 4.5 is again, a very big drop...

Edited by Phoenix Will Rise

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly Heroes continues to sink to unthinkable low's.... The last episode pulled in just 3.9 million viewers... As much as I hate the though... Heroes is DEAD, and with ratings drop as fast as they are, I dont see how NBC can agree to another season, which will really suck since all the cast/crew said that the show ends with a big finale... looks like there may be a lot of stuff not resolved...

Season 4 ratings (in millions):

4.01 - Orientation - 6.0

4.02 - Jump, Push, Fall - 5.7

4.03 - Ink - 5.8

4.04 - Acceptance - 5.4

4.05 - Hysterical Blindness - 5.6

4.06 - Tabula Rasa - 5.6

4.07 - Strange Atractors - 5.8

4.08 - Once Upon A Time in Texas - 6.1

4.09 - Shadowboxing - 5.3

4.10 - Brothers Keeper - 5.0

4.11 - Thanksgiving - 5.1