Bert Trautmann?

Aldrin

Any chance of Bert Trautmann please? He was on telly just recently doing a presentation at a footy match. I know he's famous for being a Man City goalie in the 50's and 60's (and playing on with a broken neck in the '56 FA cup final) but apparently he was a German paratrooper in the war, was awarded the iron cross and fought on the eastern front, normandy and arnhem, and escaped from the americans, the russians and french resistance. Quite a story!

Funnily enough I was going to suggest him as a guest a while back. He has done signing events before as well and seemed to be quite a nice bloke to talk to.

I think Lev Yashin once rated him as one of the best goalkeepers in the world at one time which is some compliment!

Edited by Count Fooku

Funnily enough I was going to suggest him as a guest a while back. He has done signing events before as well and seemed to be quite a nice bloke to talk to.

I think Lev Yashin once rated him as one of the best goalkeepers in the world at one time which is some compliment!

Do you want to tell us again?