FANFIC COMPETITION ENTRY

JaneDoe

Disclaimer: The characters and their phychic abilities in this story are the invention of Stephenie Meyer. I wish they were mine!

Esmes' POV

As I wandered around the house to check that everyone was following their instructions I had given them, I paused at the tree. It was so beautiful; Alice had outdone herself with the decorations as usual. They are all silver and burgundy bulbs, with a beautiful gold cross at the top, Alice’s little attempt at irony. I chuckled to myself and went into the kitchen.

I couldn’t believe what I saw when I got there. I had given the task of baking some cookies to Emmett and Rosalie, and step by step instructions to follow. The sight that greeted me was hilarious. Rosalie and Emmett were squared off glaring at each other, an egg dripping off of Emmett’s head, and flour covering Rosalie from head to foot. I couldn’t help myself, I laughed. They turned to look at me, and I said, “Clean this all up when you are done.†and left the room.

My next stop was to check on Alice, Jasper and Carlisle. Their job was to decorate the house, since Alice wouldn’t have it any other way. Jasper and Carlisle were there to try and keep Alice from going completely overboard. As I walked out the front door, I could see they were failing. Every tree that I could see had lights on it, and the house as well. Wondering where they were, I walked around the side of the house to see Jasper and Carlisle on the ground, tied together with a string of lights as Alice stood over them saying “And don’t even try to calm me down Jasper, you know better than to get in my way when I decorate!†She then turned and went back to what she was doing. I sighed, and decided it was best to just let Alice have her fun.

I returned to the living room to see what disaster was waiting where I had left Edward, Bella and Jacob wrapping presents. Before opening the front door, I peeked through the window. What I saw was enough that if I could, I would have gotten tears in my eyes. The three of them were talking, laughing and having fun while they wrapped the hundreds of presents for Renesmee. I guess I couldn’t blame Alice for going overboard on the decorations when I had done all the shopping for Renesmee and got a little out of control myself. But she was my granddaughter, and this was going to be her first Christmas. I wanted it to be special. Edward must have heard me, because he looked up at me and smiled. I walked into the room, and said “Tomorrow is going to be wonderful.†I sat on the floor next to Jacob, just as Alice, Jasper and Carlisle came in from outside and Emmett and Rosalie came from the kitchen. Everyone helped finish the wrapping, and I looked around the room at my family, smiling to myself thinking how lucky I am.

Elaine Turner

Edited by JaneDoe

Aww, that was very sweet.

I loved it.

Christmas at the Cullen's :)

You live in Gloucestershire! Me too!

Thank you for all your kind comments. It's not easy to come up with an original concept that is still canon as I'm sure many of those who have written fics will agree!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...