How things work!

Too Tall

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not as tall as me! I am a veritable giant!

lol christa you are just massive i don't know how any of us can even see your head it's so high in the clouds :blink:

Now I'll definetely won't have any problems finding you :unsure: Thanks for the pictures, they look very nice. Especially the one with the croc...so cute!!

I'll be the tiny girl with a just as tiny friend (we're both 165 cm) ^^

his t-shirt that says too tall on it is kind of a give away too

• Showmasters Admin

his t-shirt that says too tall on it is kind of a give away too

That is true but I don't always have that on. I usually don't on the Friday, I'm usually wearing what I was wearing to work that day.

Guest Encounters: These are a 45 minute chat (with coffee/tea/buscuit) with around 20 attendees and one guest. They are auctioned off at the event by bidding sheets being put up on the wall at the event. One sheet for each guest encounter.

Attendees bid by putting their badge number and their bid on the sheet. At a specific time, which will be stated on the sheet (say 1pm), the sheets come down and the highest 20 bids win. But everyone pays the value of the 20th winning bid.

All bids are visible to people bidding later. You can come back and up your bid if you want. But if you want to up your bid you have to completely cross out your previous bid and add a new one to the bottom of the list. That way we know the order that the bids were placed.

So once sorted into bid order they look like this...

£200, £35, £33, £33, £31, £27, £26, £26, £25, £24, £22, £22, £20, £20, £20, £18, £18, £17, £10, £10, £10, £10, £10, £9, £7, £7, £5, £5, £5, £5.

As the 20th highest bid is £10, all those people with a bid higher than £10 win, but only pay £10. Even the crazy person that bid £200.

As you will see 5 people have bid £10. But there are only 2 places left. So the first 2 people to bid £10 win. In this case ST301 and G59.

This is the reason for the crossing out and re-adding your bid at the bottom and not just changing it. If G19 had just changed their bid on line 5 to £10 it would have appeared they were the first person to have bid £10 (i.e. before both ST301 and G59), where as in fact they were the last person to bid £10.

We had a coffee bar style thing at the last con I was at, but instead of auctioning off the tickets, everyone bought one of those little draw tickets at the same price (I think it was £10) & they were all put into a hat & they drew out however many were allowed in (I think it was 10 or 15). :D

That way, people don't get crazy & bid a stupid amount & everyone pays the same price, the same with your system. ;)

Unfortunately, I can see people really getting silly & unless you set a maximum bid, the 20th highest bid could still be something daft like £50 or £100 & it's not really fair to those who don't have that sort of money to spend. :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

I'm afraid it's the way that ME have decided to do it. At least this way the only people that pay are those actually going.

We've done this twice now. We had a couple go for over £40 at the Hub, but at Eclipse 2 they all went for around £10-£15.

Edited by Too Tall

• Moderators

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=42113

That rough schedule gives you an idea of when everything is - basically Friday is just for registration, opening ceremony, and the party. You should be able to register from 2pm at a desk near the front entrance when you come in.

For the main hall, you just walk straight through the hotel from the main entrance, past the bar, and eventually you'll get to the back with the main hall and Dealer room etc. That area will be where everything happens during the weekend.

OK, so I have confused myself. My daughter has a higher ticker number than me....much higher so we will be in different groups. I get that I can hang back for the talks so that we are together, but can I do the same with the autographs/photo shoots?

It doesn't matter if it's a no (she's a big girl), but I just want to be clear!

Edited by JaneDoe

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks Jola....it makes things easier if we stick together.

As a I did this weekend for some people. If you come and see me. If possible (i.e. not guaranteed) I will move people into the same group so that they can stay with family etc.

I'm afraid it's the way that ME have decided to do it. At least this way the only people that pay are those actually going.

We've done this twice now. We had a couple go for over £40 at the Hub, but at Eclipse 2 they all went for around £10-£15.

yep and i was at both the 40 quid ones lol! i think gareths other sunday one went for 65 in the end too but it's worth it i'll definately be bidding again, especially for ashley

• Showmasters Admin

too tall can you just confirm for me that i don't have to pay for my 2 year old to join me in the photoshoot do i? i know at the hub it was okay just want to check it's okay again

Yes that's fine.