How many signatured have you got on a poster?

Richie Rich

OK... I'm sure this has probably been a post before... but i am curious.

How many signatures have you got on your Star Wars poster and who was the nicest and most miserable guest you met?

I have got only 2 signatures on my poster so far... but before i got the poster i met a few others from Star Wars that i hope to meet again so they can sign it.

On my poster I have:

Peter Mayhew

Ray Park

But on photos' i have got

Peter Mayhew

Ray Park

Dave Prowse

Kenny Baker

Warwick Davis

Jeremy Bullock

The nicest person i met was Kenny Baker... he was funny... as soon as he saw me he asked me if i wanted to hang myself (I know, it's a bit random)... so when i said "Yeah, why not" he looked at me and asked why... so I said "Well at least you would remember me for it" he just laughed and looked at the security guard that was there and said "Go and get the rope... we have got one"... The grunmpiest was Peter Mayhew... he was just very quiet and just seemed like he couldn't be bothered to be there.

What about you guys?

Sorry if this has been done before... :chair:

Edited by Richie Rich

I have 40 autos on one poster

By far the best was Barrie Holland a really nice bloke.

Anthony Daniels was great too.

A few miserable guests as follows

Carrie Fisher

Bruce Boa

Billy Dee Williams

Alec Guinness refused to sign my poster when i sent it to him through the post in 1997 but did send me back two signed index cards and a letter so i was well pleased with that.

Alec Guinness was a miserable old git - you're lucky you got anything signed at all. Me and my friends had to hang around outside his estate to get anything signed and even then he wasn't pleased about it - and we made sure we mentioned some of his other work too!!

Peter Mayhew goes one way or the other can be great or miserable, no inbetween although recently he has been in alot of pain with his back!

The best meets are Jeremy Bullough (I always spell that wrong!), Warwick Davies and Michael Sheard.

I have a original trilogy poster signed by about 30 odd actors including Mark Hamills across the middle. There are a few names missing - ie Ford, Lucas, Oz and McDiarmid and obviously those that are no longer with us.

Better still I had a christmas card from Lucasfilm this year which was nice!

I have met most of the guests that SM have arranged apart from missing the Empire days as it was always difficult to get there. The best guest that I have met was Warwick Davis I was standing in line (this was elsewhere not SM event) and a young lad had a Harry Potter book, the lad was very polite and Warwick was chatting away telling him about the different things that went on whilst making the film. He signed the lads book and his mom went to hand over the money and he just looked at her and refused to take it and explained that he had been so polite and he enjoyed his chat with him that it didn't seem right. I thought that was such a nice thing to do and showed that it’s not always about the money.

My favourite autograph has to be Hamill and Prowse the photo is from Return of the Jedi the lightsaber dual, where they clash sabers with the window in the background, it's signed in gold italic paint pen (the fine nibs so the signature is clear, which is better than the italic sharpies).

Kenny Baker is always a pleasure to meet, I have met him several times and his wife (Val) is such a nice person as well. As per others comments Peter can be a little grumpy but I think it’s more to do with his health rather than not like being at an event. Matthew Wood, Matt Sloan and Sandi Finlay are also nice to meet and chat. Also if you ever get the chance to meet Brian Blessed just DO IT! You will have the most entertaining chats ever!!

For the 1,2,3 I have got posters which I am slowly building up I have got a few on photos like Ahmed Best as it was all I had at the time of the opportunity. For the original sequel I tend to get photos as the films are dearer to me.

The people that I would love to meet apart from the obvious Lucas, Oz and Ford are Christopher Lee, Ian McDiarmid, Jake Lloyd and John Williams (no 4-6 as I have met everyone that I really want to meet, apart from the odd few for completion).

I have met most of the guests that SM have arranged apart from missing the Empire days as it was always difficult to get there. The best guest that I have met was Warwick Davis I was standing in line (this was elsewhere not SM event) and a young lad had a Harry Potter book, the lad was very polite and Warwick was chatting away telling him about the different things that went on whilst making the film. He signed the lads book and his mom went to hand over the money and he just looked at her and refused to take it and explained that he had been so polite and he enjoyed his chat with him that it didn't seem right. I thought that was such a nice thing to do and showed that it’s not always about the money.

My favourite autograph has to be Hamill and Prowse the photo is from Return of the Jedi the lightsaber dual, where they clash sabers with the window in the background, it's signed in gold italic paint pen (the fine nibs so the signature is clear, which is better than the italic sharpies).

Kenny Baker is always a pleasure to meet, I have met him several times and his wife (Val) is such a nice person as well. As per others comments Peter can be a little grumpy but I think it’s more to do with his health rather than not like being at an event. Matthew Wood, Matt Sloan and Sandi Finlay are also nice to meet and chat. Also if you ever get the chance to meet Brian Blessed just DO IT! You will have the most entertaining chats ever!!

For the 1,2,3 I have got posters which I am slowly building up I have got a few on photos like Ahmed Best as it was all I had at the time of the opportunity. For the original sequel I tend to get photos as the films are dearer to me.

The people that I would love to meet apart from the obvious Lucas, Oz and Ford are Christopher Lee, Ian McDiarmid, Jake Lloyd and John Williams (no 4-6 as I have met everyone that I really want to meet, apart from the odd few for completion).

I know it's not the same but if you're missing him I believe Frank Oz and John Williams both sign through the post if you send them something and they normally personalise.

I know it's not the same but if you're missing him I believe Frank Oz and John Williams both sign through the post if you send them something and they normally personalise.

Yeh I have heard that, thing is I would like an 8x10 signing and I would like my posters as well and I don't fancy the risk of loosing them and also I feel cheeky sending a bucket load of stuff asking to be signed. I know a certain website had agreed with John Williams and Frank Oz to sign. I ordered John Williams and had everything packed to send and then he cancelled and I completely missed the chance with Frank Oz :D

• 1 month later...

got over a hundread on mine its getting to the point where there is no where to sign , hamill is one of my favs along with murin and peterson and all special effects guys who also played the biffs, missed a few of recent cause ive been away :(

got over a hundread on mine its getting to the point where there is no where to sign , hamill is one of my favs along with murin and peterson and all special effects guys who also played the biffs, missed a few of recent cause ive been away :P

Why where you been ? LOL I think Hamill IS your favourite! :D

got over a hundread on mine its getting to the point where there is no where to sign , hamill is one of my favs along with murin and peterson and all special effects guys who also played the biffs, missed a few of recent cause ive been away ;)

Why where you been ? LOL I think Hamill IS your favourite! :(

lets just say ive been away till i see you next , have you still got the same number mate cause i know how to get one of the majors in the next month or so . Dont want to put it on here

got over a hundread on mine its getting to the point where there is no where to sign , hamill is one of my favs along with murin and peterson and all special effects guys who also played the biffs, missed a few of recent cause ive been away :P

Why where you been ? LOL I think Hamill IS your favourite! :P

lets just say ive been away till i see you next , have you still got the same number mate cause i know how to get one of the majors in the next month or so . Dont want to put it on here

no my friend I lost me phone so ended up getting a new contract and stuff email me at

mevens@blueyonder.co.uk and I will send you my phone number.

• 4 years later...

Wow. Since I made my last post here in 2009, I gave in and started a poster and now have 87 signatures on it, including Harrison Ford and Frank Oz. But I'm running out of room fast. I'd like to get George Lucas and John Williams on it before I retire it.

I don't do a poster for Star Wars just annuals - 30th Anni, TPM, ATOC and have more than 150 for the orignal trilogy. That's semi retired now. I have 40 in the TPM book and 16 in the ATOC book. Iv'e got a Doctor Who DVD cover signed by 41 though, I should have quit that one sooner!

I have a couple of signed Star Wars Posters, I did start one for each of the films, but they just became a bit of a pain to carry about and on balance I think I prefer to have autos on 10x8s. Auto wise, on the posters are Kenny Baker, Warwick Davis, Dave Prowse, Richard Le Parmentier, Jake Lloyd , Tim Ruscoe and a few others. I also have a signed Wookie Poster signed by Peter Mayhew and Mike Kingma.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided never to do the individual film posters, but instead chose an image to represent the OT and then the PT, and will probably do the same with the new Sequel Trilogy.

I did the same with the first three Indiana Jones films. I haven't started getting a Crystal Skull one done though. Only first three films for me!

*edited for typo*

Edited by Indiana