• Law and order
    • Primeval
    • CHARMED
    • Spooks
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Being Human (on BBC3 Sundays plug)
  2. 2. section 2

• Star Trek
    • Crime Con NCIS/CSI's/and another show ?
    • Smallville
    • Transformers
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Skins
    • Prison Break
    • Without a trace
    • TrueBlood
    • Hot Man Con ie fit guys from TV & Film
    • Fit Girl Con ie hot girls from TV & Film
  3. 3. section 3

• Supernatural
    • James Bond
    • Ugly Betty
    • Dexter
    • House MD
    • Aliens trilogy
    • Burn Notice
    • Horror con all things Horror related
    • Bonekickers
    • Life on mars / Ashes to Ashes
    • LORD OF THE RINGS

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very difficult to choose, I like A LOT of things. I'd particularly love a horror con and a Supernatural (I have sooooo many ideas for one) con but they were in tha same catagory (ditto Dexter). So far I'm loving the slightly combined con idea like the JJ Abrams and Joss Whedon ones.

There isnt much point voting if the statement earlier is anything to go by.There have been some wide of the mark choices of late here and thereabouts regarding who the organizers feel will pull a worthy crowd.

Maybe they SHOULD base guests/shows on the results of what the polls want for once instead of the organizers picking people.

Then we would spare the embarassment of say the guy who played Fukutu who i witnessed recieving about 5 people to his table in as many hours.

I was at the bar facing him and when i wasnt having another walk round the stalls to see what id missed the gf was and the poor guy had to stare into space longer than Neil Armstrong probably ever did.Seeing stars looking glum with piles of unsigned pics is not unusual at shows,its a shame and kind of sad and as it is a "business" youd think theyd done a bit of research beforehand.

Good to see some heads up for Horror over the past 2 pages.

Edited by vintageSW77

• Moderators

There'll always be quieter guests, but they're likely ones the organisers don't expect to be hugely busy, and are cheaper/easier to get along to an event anyway.

I feel like we're always having to repeat ourselves to explain these things, but the validity of these polls have to be questioned for MANY different reasons, including:

1) Not all attendees are on the forum.

2) Not all forum members attend events.

3) Not all members who DO attend events vote in the polls.

4) The problems of multi-section voting and prioritising etc.

5) There's a huge difference between saying 'I'd like this..' and the number who would end up PAYING.

6) Multiple user names and no way of checking validity of individual votes.

In the end, it's an online poll. The majority of people vote, and then say "well I'd also like .." and then the organisers can read that too.

I don't understand why there has to be a huge debate about it. It seems fairly simple from my end - vote if you want, and don't if you really have such an issue with it. These polls are so insignificant in the big picture that I question why anyone would have a problem with any of them. It's not going to effect anyones experience at an event, so I can only suggest to anyone that they can just go on with their business as normal, and ignore the polls if they don't like them.

I am not saying the results aren't read, and the organisers aren't curious, but certainly not to the extent that anyone should care enough about them to kick up a fuss.

• Showmasters Admin

Yes but this poll is a flawed idea.

You have to vote for something in each section which if you are someone who doesnt watch a lot of tv you are having to make a choice of summat you arent that keen on just to get a vote up for what you want thus giving a vote that will have a negative impact on the show you want to see.

ok you seem to be taking all this a bit to serious mate :chair:

every poll is flawed there is no better way to do this, so making a big point out of this is a wast of time and its not worth getting heated over ;)

also you go on about there not being a Dr Who section well whats the point as our sister company Tenth planet runs lots of Dr Who events ??

one last thing we ask people to vote in every section but mate if you don't it dose not matter your votes are still counted so its not a big thing :D

i hope that helps and we can get back to seeing what events people want to attend

jason :blush:

There isnt much point voting if the statement earlier is anything to go by.There have been some wide of the mark choices of late here and thereabouts regarding who the organizers feel will pull a worthy crowd.

Maybe they SHOULD base guests/shows on the results of what the polls want for once instead of the organizers picking people.

Then we would spare the embarassment of say the guy who played Fukutu who i witnessed recieving about 5 people to his table in as many hours.

I was at the bar facing him and when i wasnt having another walk round the stalls to see what id missed the gf was and the poor guy had to stare into space longer than Neil Armstrong probably ever did.Seeing stars looking glum with piles of unsigned pics is not unusual at shows,its a shame and kind of sad and as it is a "business" youd think theyd done a bit of research beforehand.

Good to see some heads up for Horror over the past 2 pages.

you are coming over an ass mate and i am getting a bit tiered of your manna

so someone that did not appear to long in a film is not worth inviting to an event ??

just because you do not care about the guest dose not mean others do not care, and also just because he plays a small part are we never aloud to invite him ever ? whats it to you

i know lost of background star wars guest that would never get the chance to go as a guest to an event have been so pleased to be given the chance to meet the fans

we do not run events just for you mate but we do run it for all the fans and if 3 or 4 or event 1 fan gos up and meat a guest then its made there day as they do care, just because you do not is not important to me

you lose nothing from him being there

can i also remind you that guests do come on here , so be care full about what you say about a particular guest

jason :D

There'll always be quieter guests, but they're likely ones the organisers don't expect to be hugely busy, and are cheaper/easier to get along to an event anyway.

I feel like we're always having to repeat ourselves to explain these things, but the validity of these polls have to be questioned for MANY different reasons, including:

1) Not all attendees are on the forum.

2) Not all forum members attend events.

3) Not all members who DO attend events vote in the polls.

4) The problems of multi-section voting and prioritising etc.

5) There's a huge difference between saying 'I'd like this..' and the number who would end up PAYING.

6) Multiple user names and no way of checking validity of individual votes.

In the end, it's an online poll. The majority of people vote, and then say "well I'd also like .." and then the organisers can read that too.

I don't understand why there has to be a huge debate about it. It seems fairly simple from my end - vote if you want, and don't if you really have such an issue with it. These polls are so insignificant in the big picture that I question why anyone would have a problem with any of them. It's not going to effect anyones experience at an event, so I can only suggest to anyone that they can just go on with their business as normal, and ignore the polls if they don't like them.

I am not saying the results aren't read, and the organisers aren't curious, but certainly not to the extent that anyone should care enough about them to kick up a fuss.

thanks for that David

one other point people can ask for a guest but if the guests are not up for doing events or are just busy what are we to do not have any guests ?

we listen and then do our best to get the guest people have asked for and sometimes guest are just not around to do the events but we know the fans want to meet them so we try another time for them

all in all poles are a great way for us to find out what you the fans want to go to so vote it all helps us run events you want to go to

jason :uhoh:

The only problem I had with choice was between Bones and HP but since I've met lots of HP people before and have never met (but would love to) Eric Millegan, I went for Bones :D

I also chose the crime con option because I though SM might squeeze the Criminal Minds gang in, and then Supernatural.

I don't really mind how the polls go, I just like to share my opinions and read about what other people like and why :blush:

tbh tho i would also go to a

chuck

charmed

PB

true blood

Supernatural conventions, cause all them shows are pretty awsome

i dont liek the idea of mixing bones with csi/ncsi/ as it wudnt be worth the money for the people who wanna go just for bones :/ cpoz it be £88..and they get 1 bones guest :/ and u dont watch the rest little but meh

unless like a big crome con with like csi/ncsi/bones/dexter/coldcase and im sure theres others? lol

• Showmasters Admin

HAY vintageSW77

i was going to reply to all your points but in the end i could not be bothered mate

you will just have to be unhappy with the events and us and how we do polls mate as we run events for everyone not just you

and if i want to book someone i will be them a big name or other wise its my money its my risk not yours

sorry everyone if i come over a bit hard but i am a little tiered of vintageSW77 going on all the time about nothing important and spinning our wheels for nothing

mate if we do not run things how you want them to be you do not have to attend the events or come on here

why not just sit back and enjoy life a bit and enjoy this hobby as thats what it is a hobby

well it is to me

well thats that said

jason

ps vintageSW77 if you keep picking on and naming guest you thing are crap you will be band OK last chance THEY COME ON HERE AMD YOU KNOW IT ITS NOT FUNNY :wub:

i would really like to see a crime con with either bones or law and order(s) as the third show but would also go to a grey's anatomy or house con as well.

i would like a horror con but i am worried it might end up a third victim to the left type thing after the main "monsters/killers" although might be more likely to get directors which is always a good thing.