• Law and order
    • Primeval
    • CHARMED
    • Spooks
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Being Human (on BBC3 Sundays plug)
  2. 2. section 2

• Star Trek
    • Crime Con NCIS/CSI's/and another show ?
    • Smallville
    • Transformers
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Skins
    • Prison Break
    • Without a trace
    • TrueBlood
    • Hot Man Con ie fit guys from TV & Film
    • Fit Girl Con ie hot girls from TV & Film
  3. 3. section 3

• Supernatural
    • James Bond
    • Ugly Betty
    • Dexter
    • House MD
    • Aliens trilogy
    • Burn Notice
    • Horror con all things Horror related
    • Bonekickers
    • Life on mars / Ashes to Ashes
    • LORD OF THE RINGS

Where have the Merlin results gone?

At a guess, they've been taken off because there's another poll including it pinned at the top of the section

Hmm, the results for Spooks and Law and Order are still in this poll though so that's really strange that the Merlin results have disappeared lol. Unless it's a sign of course that they're thinking about a Merlin convention lol :huh::unsure:

Edited by Doctor Who

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have the Merlin results gone?

At a guess, they've been taken off because there's another poll including it pinned at the top of the section

Hmm, the results for Spooks and Law and Order are still in this poll though so that's really strange that the Merlin results have disappeared lol. Unless it's a sign of course that they're thinking about a Merlin convention lol :D:unsure:

I'd say, it's because this poll here is from February 2009 and there was no Merlin! ;)

I guess you mean this poll here.

I would always vote for horror too, but sadley you have to choose three, and I do agree with the other members why do fans of crime shows get more choices to vote why not just do a whole crime con. To be honest instead of having seperate cons i would rather have another big con like LFCC where you get a choice of guests. But my heart would not say no to a horror con.

I would always vote for horror too, but sadley you have to choose three, and I do agree with the other members why do fans of crime shows get more choices to vote why not just do a whole crime con. To be honest instead of having seperate cons i would rather have another big con like LFCC where you get a choice of guests. But my heart would not say no to a horror con.

But the whole point of this thread is to come up with ideas for a full weekend convention....not a signing event like CM or LFACC. Full weekend events are great fun and more relaxed. You can party on and nto have to worry abotu getting home..just to your hotel room.

But the whole point of this thread is to come up with ideas for a full weekend convention....not a signing event like CM or LFACC. Full weekend events are great fun and more relaxed. You can party on and nto have to worry abotu getting home..just to your hotel room.

Fair enough if you put it like that, then its fair. There are other cons then these I would like to see on there like Tim Burton con, Tarantino con and maybe just maybe a John Carpenter con.

But would they work on a financial scale?

I think a Horror themed weekend convention would work with the right guests that would appeal on a large scale.

Showmasters know what they can get guest wise, and at what cost, so we have to be mindful of what can work and what could flop.

If you were to be given the fees and travel costs for the guests you want. Then be given the cost of staging a weekend event. Do you think that there are enough people who put pay to go?

At least this way, as with the UK TV convention thread, SM will get an idea of what they can do.

I understand that, but sadley most tv conventions have floped, and the only ones with a strong fan base is supernatural, stargate and doctor who. Maybe a couple of others like Merlin and True Blood but how long will these shows have a loyal fan base at least doctor who will have a loyal fan base its been going for years. I think they should introduce new film ideas for conventions they could easily make there money back if the hold the right convention and there is alot of people that like Tim Burton films and Tarantino fims.

Introducing new themes is somewhat risky. Testing popularity of guests at signing events can often gauge if a weekend convention would work.

In some areas of the world some events work, but not in others.

A US Crime based theme would have a great chance of working. A lot of people I know who have started watchign CSI shows have gone on to watch Law & Order, Criminal Minds and other similar shows.

Harry Potter

CSI

LOTR

Ohh yeeeeaaahhh

Harry Potter is being doen now with Muggle Mayhem.

After all this time, I think a Lord of the Rings convention should wait until The Hobbit films are done.

CSI themed would be great. So many potential guests. Maybe a US Crime covnention? So many great shows.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Heyy =)

I'm pretty new to the whole conventions thing (only been to one which was great and made me wanna go to more lol, then I found this site =D) but I agree with a few people above I think a Vampire Dairies convention would be an amazing idea! :D

oh and in the poll I voted for

Bones

Smallville

Supernatural ;)

xxx

Edited by DavidB