• Law and order
    • Primeval
    • CHARMED
    • Spooks
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Being Human (on BBC3 Sundays plug)
  2. 2. section 2

• Star Trek
    • Crime Con NCIS/CSI's/and another show ?
    • Smallville
    • Transformers
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Skins
    • Prison Break
    • Without a trace
    • TrueBlood
    • Hot Man Con ie fit guys from TV & Film
    • Fit Girl Con ie hot girls from TV & Film
  3. 3. section 3

• Supernatural
    • James Bond
    • Ugly Betty
    • Dexter
    • House MD
    • Aliens trilogy
    • Burn Notice
    • Horror con all things Horror related
    • Bonekickers
    • Life on mars / Ashes to Ashes
    • LORD OF THE RINGS

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Primeval and Life on Mars/Ashes To Ashes

Simply because they are brilliant British prograns, both programs appeal to the casual telly viewer, rather than for just the fandoms and the guests will be much easier to get! Plus both series' are starting back up soon!

Edited by cyberdrunk

BOSTON LEGAL! :P Not on the list? Ah didn't notice erhem.... :P:P

Well otherwise between Supernatural, CSI and the others, tricky decision....ok maybe anything with 'star' in the title then...oor actually LOTR, aw :P

I'll quit while I'm 'ahead' hah.

Edited by roxy

Just had a thought i'm planning to be in Canada almost all of September and there's no cons in September at the mo arg please don't do a con i want to go in September else i'll have to cry lolz and it ain't pretty let me tell you haha

Edited by Wyn

aye several choices have cons already and yes Nicky run by other people :D

which is why there should be cons for BONES :wub: and Crime Con then it's new and fresh and no competition!!!:D:poki: :D:lol:

surfy sah xx

I totally agree - we need a C.S.I. con with Without a Trace and Law and Order thrown in for good measure :D

Heres the thing

You have to vote in all 3 to get a vote but what if you only have one hobby?

The only thing I really wanted to vote for was Aliens but in order to do that I had to give votes to 2 other things as well so those 2 votes shouldnt count.

And I wanted to vote for Greys Anatomy and Star Trek but can't cause there both down in the same section, ahh well you can't please everyone all the time...

:D

LLAP :D

Edited by zebredy

• Moderators

wahooo CRIME CON! :D

I am shocked that I never mentioned to add COLD CASE! watching it now on sky3 (wow sky3!!! :D) it is awesome! can't believe they dont't make it on dvd, silly people!!!!

surfy sah xx

It's down to the music rights.

Transformers, stars are A-listers so unlikely :dance: )
I think that is Transformers in general ie the comics, cartoons etc too.

oh my bad! :D I'd only really be interested in meeting people from the movie really :dance:

but I could see why people would meet the guys that did the voices and stuff as Transformers is classic :dance:

surfy sah xx

Transformers is already beeing done as well (though think its based around the tv series and not the movie)

There are so many that are already being done, and especially popular ones in the list, plus how many cons can showmasters/massive events really put on in one year, and lastly whats with the poll anyway, its not like they picked the most popular from the poll last time, remember?

There'll always be quieter guests, but they're likely ones the organisers don't expect to be hugely busy, and are cheaper/easier to get along to an event anyway.

I feel like we're always having to repeat ourselves to explain these things, but the validity of these polls have to be questioned for MANY different reasons, including:

1) Not all attendees are on the forum.

2) Not all forum members attend events.

3) Not all members who DO attend events vote in the polls.

4) The problems of multi-section voting and prioritising etc.

5) There's a huge difference between saying 'I'd like this..' and the number who would end up PAYING.

6) Multiple user names and no way of checking validity of individual votes.

Then why do they run the poll in the first place if its never going to be acurate?

LLAP :P

Edited by zebredy

• Moderators

Out of curiosity? It's just a poll .. I still don't get why anyone would get so hung up on whether to vote in it or not.

It gives them some vague idea of what people may or may not be interested in seeing. It's really such a simple notion.

Out of curiosity? It's just a poll .. I still don't get why anyone would get so hung up on whether to vote in it or not.

It gives them some vague idea of what people may or may not be interested in seeing. It's really such a simple notion.

Very vague indead. I'm not hung up about it or having a go, I just find polls like this a little weird especially as I said before showmasters/massive events didn't even pic the most popular option for a con last time.

So long as people are happy voting knowing that there votes may mean nothing, then who am I to care.

LLAP :D

• Showmasters Admin

Mark and Jason put these poles up to see what people maybe interested in.

Once the votes are in, they will look at guest prices and other factors to see if it will be financially viable, if there is another event already, if so do they want to go up against it, will guests to interested in doing a con and a whole long list of things.

That's why the top voted for item may not get picked. Although it has the highest votes here, once further investigation is done it may not be a viable event.

Also are they interested in it themselves! That may seem selfish but at the end of the day an event is going to be 100 times better if the people organising it have an interest in the film/show.

Edited by Too Tall

wahooo CRIME CON! :YAHOO:

I am shocked that I never mentioned to add COLD CASE! watching it now on sky3 (wow sky3!!! :D) it is awesome! can't believe they dont't make it on dvd, silly people!!!!

surfy sah xx

It's down to the music rights.

well that just SUCKS!!! :uhoh: but how does that stop them making it on dvd? they had the rights to use the music on the show? :unsure: you'd think artists would want their music featured on a DVD cause then they could get a cut of the DVD sales!!!! :D

*really hopes to find it online to stream...*

surfy sah xx

ahhhh DavidB, aren't you just a fountain of usefull info!! :uhoh: thankyou for the link! maybe they should just change the tracks for the DVD release? that way there would be no issue :D (if only it was that simple!!)

have checked surfthechannel.com and I am very pleased to see 6 seasons worth of eps!!! :unsure: how exciting!!!!

surfy sah xx :YAHOO: