• Law and order
    • Primeval
    • CHARMED
    • Spooks
    • Battlestar Galactica
    • Being Human (on BBC3 Sundays plug)
  2. 2. section 2

• Star Trek
    • Crime Con NCIS/CSI's/and another show ?
    • Smallville
    • Transformers
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • Skins
    • Prison Break
    • Without a trace
    • TrueBlood
    • Hot Man Con ie fit guys from TV & Film
    • Fit Girl Con ie hot girls from TV & Film
  3. 3. section 3

• Supernatural
    • James Bond
    • Ugly Betty
    • Dexter
    • House MD
    • Aliens trilogy
    • Burn Notice
    • Horror con all things Horror related
    • Bonekickers
    • Life on mars / Ashes to Ashes
    • LORD OF THE RINGS

• Showmasters Admin

ok here is this yeas new poll

YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE :vader:

What NEW convention do you want to go to this year ?

This new pole will help us keep making the right Choice for you so do vote

your votes helped us last time and we do listen to what you want :D

so give us your input

thanks

jason ;)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot Man Con ie fit guys from TV & Film

Fit Girl Con ie hot girls from TV & Film

:D ??? That's a bit elitest isn't it?

Also I think some guests would be offended that they were asked to attend that one as if that's the main reason they were invited and not their acting (you know how fit women always bang on about wanting to be appreciated for more than their body). And some would be offened cos they didnt get invited! Does that mean all the guests at LFCC/CM are ugly? A glamour con with models might be more appropriate.

I'm only intersted in Aliens. (that's a seperate issue to what I said about ugly people BTW) :D

Edited by nicky

Heres the thing (and firstly thanks for the inclusion of a horror choice)

You have to vote in all 3 to get a vote but what if you only have one hobby?

If i vote Star Wars ( which i was fairly obsessed with up to that first and last viewing of The Phantom Menace but hey NO MORE!)id be adding a vote to something which is more popular than my true choice and which over time would be in part responsible for canceling out my main choice.

And why Aliens (which is Sci Fi horror) and Horror in the same section ?,i cant vote for the same section twice.

The crime shows are split over 3 sections so the crime fan gets 3 votes for shows of the same genre and as this forum is full of tv fans and crime shows are big thing at the moment the totals will be in the crime shows favour.

Im a horror fan but do i and the majority of horror fans watch Supernatural and Charmed ?

Nope - so the crime show fan has the advantage.

Why dont you at the next shows give a small basic questionaire with an entry ticket and ask people want they want that way.When i go to a show i walk round have a beer, walk round have a beer then walk round and have a beer....theres plenty of time to fill one in.

Not everyone at shows visit this forum,i bump into people who i know at events who dont visit here nor would they and they are always moaning about the line up(please dont say well they should join the forum as not everyone is the forum type).

Twilight is hugely popular here,its the teenage girls new "big thing"- just look at the introduce yourself thread in that part of the forum (come on we know you have) it could win any poll set and does this represent all the people who go to SM shows ?

No.

So they will win every time (And this is not a critisizm the last thing i want to do is offend a bunch of teenage girls and have them chase me round the next SM show Benny Hill stylee)

As for bonekickers.......why that over the absent Doctor Who choice?

Edited by vintageSW77

Heres the thing

You have to vote in all 3 to get a vote but what if you only have one hobby?

The only thing I really wanted to vote for was Aliens but in order to do that I had to give votes to 2 other things as well so those 2 votes shouldnt count.

And why Aliens (which is Sci Fi horror) and Horror in the same section..i cant vote for the same section twice.

The crime shows are split over 3 sections so the crime fan gets 3 votes for shows of the same genre

Yeah, I wanted to vote for both Aliens specific con AND a horror con but can only choose one.

I just saw you edit your post and I did likewise so mine made sense.

Edited by nicky

And why Aliens (which is Sci Fi horror) and Horror in the same section?

Not sure I understood that. Aliens deserves it's own con seperate from Horror cos Aliens has a large enough and specific fanbase - there have been Aliens cons before in the UK. The whole Aliens thing is a big thing in fandom...plus it's only really the first film (and the 2nd ish) that are true horror. Terminator is in the poll specifically for the TV show and even the films were never horror.

Im just saying that a horror fan is far more likely to vote for Aliens( which the first movie is a horror flick,give the alien a butchers knife and its a stalk and slash movie) than the latest spin on what can we do with pretty people and the supernatural this season or crime shows where victims get raped,murdered and peed on and not always in that order.

I just saw you edit your post and I did likewise so mine made sense.

I get you.

Edited by vintageSW77

Ugh I hate it only having one vote per section.

I voted Chuck, Smallville & Supernatural ;)

But I'd also love to see an Ugly Betty, Sarah Conor, BURN NOTICE :wub: event.

How about a Geek Con? Guests from IT Crowd, Big Bang Theory, Chuck etc etc - this could do so many different shows :thumbup:

much harder to make a choice so many to choose from

law and order(hopefully covers all of them) but would also go for bones

crime con so adding either law and order or bones as the third show but would also like a grey's anatomy con

went for horror but would also like to see one for house MD

personally i think the next con should be ones which havent been done before like star wars and stuff

Well i voted

As ive never watched Being Human and with it being the newest show up there i thought that not many people will have seen it so a vote for it wont make much differance,mind you the Who fans who are not being represented show wise might vote because two of the stars have been in WHO....argh!

I also voted for the "fit" girl option.

Seeing as the majority of women i think fit were super fit in the 1960s and 1970s itd have to be a retro hotty show,not that im saying that Stephanie Beecham,Joanna Lumley or Caroline Munro are no longer attractive because yknow......

personally i think the next con should be ones which havent been done before like star wars and stuff
Empire Day or Celebration Europe ring any bells?

sorry what i meant to say was stuff like star wars/ star trek/ lord of the rings have all been about for years time to give others a try

I voted for Chuck in the first section but I'd like to meet some of the cast of Bones as well.

Prison Break got my vote in the second section, I've met a few people from it already but there are lots more I'd love to see. Smallville would be great as well.

In section three I voted for Dexter, I adore that show, I think a horror con would be a great idea as well though.

It was so hard to choose :thumbup:

this poll is possibly, for me, the easiest I've ever voted in :D

Bones :D

(HP would probs only be all the kids that have been at CM-more interested in meeting the "teachers" :D)

(SW, Terminator, BSG have been/are being done)

(24 is AWESOME but people never seem to want the autos :D )

(L&A could go in with Crime Con though I personally wouldn't be interested, mind you so could Bones but, hey, if there's a chance of having a pure Bones con, I'm there! :D )

(Charmed could be cool but what are the chances that the girls would be interested?)

Crime Con :o

(Trek and Smallville being done)

(Transformers, stars are A-listers so unlikely :()

(Grey's would be awesome... McDreamy :wub: though I feel unlikely :()

(WAT should really fit into Crime Con)

Lord of the Rings :wub: there's still a few guests I wanna meet... KARL URBAN!!! :wub:

(Supernatural is being done)

(Dexter could easilly fit into Crime Con though, again, wouldn't be interested personally)

(Aliens and horror could be combined or should be in different sections :D)

Life on Mars was kinda done at GMEX :D

those are my thoughts an reasons why :D

surfy sah xx

Transformers, stars are A-listers so unlikely :chair:)
I think that is Transformers in general ie the comics, cartoons etc too.

oh my bad! :chair: I'd only really be interested in meeting people from the movie really :chair:

but I could see why people would meet the guys that did the voices and stuff as Transformers is classic :chair:

surfy sah xx

Would be excellent to see either a Terminator, Smallville or Supernatural convention this year.

Star Wars and a few others would also make good conventions however getting the guests could prove difficult.

Edited by Lestat

Sorry everyone, I had to clean up here.

I repeat again: nobody says you should like all poll choices. Everybody on here has his/her preferences.

But because you prefer one poll choice about another this does not give you the right to slag off the other poll choices that you say don't know anything about, but yet you still don't like.

Someboy had to put the selections in a certain way, and Jason has decided on this one. There's bound to be conflicts for almost everyone, like for example sah has posted. Jason tried to make it better by adding a selection that has been requested frequently lately. It is impossible to make it right for everyone.

Yes but this poll is a flawed idea.

You have to vote for something in each section which if you are someone who doesnt watch a lot of tv you are having to make a choice of summat you arent that keen on just to get a vote up for what you want thus giving a vote that will have a negative impact on the show you want to see.

Edited by vintageSW77

• Moderators

All the polls are flawed. We know this, you know this, and the organisers know this.

It's just a very vague idea of opinion. It's certainly not going to be the only thing they use to choose a new convention.

In the end it's really not worth over-analysing. Some people react to these polls like their lives depend on them. Please be aware that the organisers do actually have a little common sense, and won't be basing business decisions solely on an Internet forum poll.

Well its the first time ive voted in a poll here so excuse me for not knowing how these things go.

Seeing as the head honcho posted it i thought itd play some part in how things may go now matter how small.

Edited by vintageSW77