4 New episodes to be shown on Dave

King Steve

As topic title says.

At least we will have had the chamce to see these before the event.

Hopefully the DVD will be out soon afterwards.

Yeah that's great news. There's talk it could even kick start the movie they were always supposed to do.

I have heard from a usually reliable source that those pictures in The Sun were part of something for Comic Relief.

I really do hope that it is true.

That does sound plausible.... I really hope you're right! I still remember the feeling of watching Series VII. VI was a bit uninspired, but after watching VII I felt like I'd been mugged. A couple of years later I threw caution to the wind and watched VIII - I'll never get that 3 hours back either. Now I just prefer to pretend the show got cancelled after the end of season 5. Such a great show in it's prime - they probably should have knocked it on the head when Rob Grant left.

Edited by MikeDonovan

I have heard from a usually reliable source that those pictures in The Sun were part of something for Comic Relief.

I really do hope that it is true.

That does sound plausible.... I really hope you're right! I still remember the feeling of watching Series VII. VI was a bit uninspired, but after watching VII I felt like I'd been mugged. A couple of years later I threw caution to the wind and watched VIII - I'll never get that 3 hours back either. Now I just prefer to pretend the show got cancelled after the end of season 5. Such a great show in it's prime - they probably should have knocked it on the head when Rob Grant left.

Mugged I felt like I had been gang raped and forced to gargle it after some episodes. I have learnt to appreciate the thing as a whole a bit like Attack of the Clones

lol people, this is The Sun we're talking about!!!!

Give Grant Naylor Productions a bit more credit than that.

I have high hopes for this Red Dwarf special and hope for more thereafter.

The thing in the Sun is for Comic Relief, I am sure the whole Corrie thing is too

lol people, this is The Sun we're talking about!!!!

Give Grant Naylor Productions a bit more credit than that.

I have high hopes for this Red Dwarf special and hope for more thereafter.

The thing in the Sun is for Comic Relief, I am sure the whole Corrie thing is too

Well, this suggests that the Coronation Street stuff is for the actual special episodes that we're looking forward to...

Filming of two new episodes of cult TV series Red Dwarf began filming over the weekend on the set of Coronation Street.

The two-part special, entitled Red Dwarf: Return To Earth, will see Dave Lister - played by Craig Charles - finally succeed in his desire to make a comeback to his home planet.

As part of the plot, Lister's crew, made up of Rimmer (Chris Barrie), Kryten (Robert Llewellyn) and Cat (Danny John-Jules), go in search of him and instead bump into Charles's Corrie character Lloyd Mullaney in The Rovers Return.

As part of the filming, Weatherfield's Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) also made an appearance.

In an exclusive interview with DS at the end of last year, Charles teased: "I can't really give the storyline away but it's a fantastic one. It's really quite weird and sees me playing quite a few characters, some of them I've already played on television. That's all I can say."

A special Red Dwarf weekend has been scheduled to broadcast at Easter on digital channel Dave, which commissioned four 30-minute specials, including two documentaries.

According to the show's official site, filming of the episodes is due to officially commence at Shepperton Studios on Monday, February 16.

Found here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a145404/r...-at-corrie.html