New Event Announcement - Better Than Life

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce that we will be running Better Than Life - The Unofficial Convention for Red Dwarf Fans. :D

It will take place on 13th and 14th June 2009 at The Park Inn Hotel, Bedford.

What better way to celebrate Red Dwarf making it back onto ouir screens than spending a weekend with the cast of the show.

Please click HERE for the website! :D

And click HERE to go straight to the online shop to buy tickets! :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused and just checking here probs being dense but anyways

the website says 13th and 14th yet the ticket programmes say 3 parties and Gold reception on Friday night, so really it's the 12th to the 14th not just the 13th and 14th?

dargh now it makes it slightly harder being the week after C15 :unsure:

surfy sah xx

then perhaps they need to change the description in the tickets in the online shop? because it clearly says 3 parties and Gold Drinks Reception Friday night, which therefore implies the con is 3 days :D but you are saying there is nothing happening that night because it's only the 13th and 14th :WINCE:

sorry I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth booking hotels for Fri and Sun as well, which it obviously wouldn't be if nothing was happening Friday night and the Sunday party is quiet :o (especially as it's only a few days after C15 :P)

surfy sah xx :o

then perhaps they need to change the description in the tickets in the online shop? because it clearly says 3 parties and Gold Drinks Reception Friday night, which therefore implies the con is 3 days :D but you are saying there is nothing happening that night because it's only the 13th and 14th :headscratch:

sorry I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth booking hotels for Fri and Sun as well, which it obviously wouldn't be if nothing was happening Friday night and the Sunday party is quiet B) (especially as it's only a few days after C15 :D)

surfy sah xx :D

Hmm, that is confusing, I didn't think of that. I read it as having the gold pass reception on the Friday night, so TECHNICALLY, if you are a gold pass holder, the convention starts Friday evening. But for silver and standard pass holders. it is just saturday and Sunday. Is that correct? :P

then perhaps they need to change the description in the tickets in the online shop? because it clearly says 3 parties and Gold Drinks Reception Friday night, which therefore implies the con is 3 days :D but you are saying there is nothing happening that night because it's only the 13th and 14th :headscratch:

sorry I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth booking hotels for Fri and Sun as well, which it obviously wouldn't be if nothing was happening Friday night and the Sunday party is quiet B) (especially as it's only a few days after C15 :chair:)

surfy sah xx :o

Hmm, that is confusing, I didn't think of that. I read it as having the gold pass reception on the Friday night, so TECHNICALLY, if you are a gold pass holder, the convention starts Friday evening. But for silver and standard pass holders. it is just saturday and Sunday. Is that correct? :blink:

The website says two parties (Saturday and Sunday) regardless of which ticket you go for and a drinks reception on Friday for gold ticket holders. So, unless you're getting a gold ticket, if you can travel on Saturday and get there at a reasonable time, it's probably not worth booking a room for the Friday night. The only problem then might be what to do with your bags until you can check in to your hotel but there would probably be somewhere you could leave them.

• Showmasters Admin

It's a 2 day event, so everything is happening on the Saturday and Sunday.

To be fair mate, it does say stuff is on Friday

Whereabouts mate?

As far as I was aware they were copy and paste issue from other events. And they were all sorted now. If there are still references to Friday please let me know where.

PS: How the hell are you, long time no see?

phew ok so C&P issues so there is def NOT anything on Friday?

so as I will be living in London then :YAHOO: I only need to book Saturday night at the hotel (and if they are taking money up front I won't be doing that till I get my first pay check in May :D)

thanks for clearing that up :smile:

Joyce I did not know you liked RD, rock on!!!!! :band:

surfy sah xx

thanks for confirming that :YAHOO:

ah. Think I've found what Dom was referring to, have just looked on the shop at the tickets, the Standard and Silver still say 3 parties and the Gold still says "Exclusive drinks reception with the guests on Friday evening" and 3 parties :smile: need a bit of editing there!

surfy sah xx

:D

Whereabouts mate?

As far as I was aware they were copy and paste issue from other events. And they were all sorted now. If there are still references to Friday please let me know where.

Im cool thanks little fella :P Life gets in the way all the time, but an RD con is very worthy. Are you going to this? Me and Sara will be going.

As for the Friday thing it may be cut and paste, which is great as its saved me a night in the hotel. :P but this is from the website.

New

Gold Programme Weekend Entry for Better Than Life

This entitles one adult to gold programme weekend admission at Better Than Life - The Unofficial Convention for Red Dwarf Fans. Included within that is the following : Exclusive drinks reception with the guests on Friday evening, free entry to professional photo shoot with each guest in attendance, reserved priority seating for the guest talks, exclusive convention t-shirt and convention goodie bag, PLUS everything that is included in the standard programme which is exclusive convention souvenir programme, exclusive convention gifts/surprise, entry to all guest talks, a free autograph from each guest on a personal item up to 6 guests, 3 themed parties, and access to the dealers room. Please check our terms and conditions on the website before committing to your order. www.massiveevents.co.uk/betterthanlife

Product is in stock

£95.00

Add to shopping list

Recommend product

Customers who bought this product also bought

Edited by Dom

• Showmasters Admin

Yep I'll be there.

There will be a Gold Pass drinks reception. As far as I know it'll be on the Saturday night instead.

I have made Mark aware of these errors and they are going to be sorted out.

Edited by Too Tall

Yep I'll be there.

There will be a Gold Pass drinks reception. As far as I know it'll be on the Saturday night instead.

I have made Mark aware of these errors and they are going to be sorted out.

Sweet we will be able to get through some extra "soft" drinks at the reception then!!!!!!

• Showmasters Admin

Just to confirm....

The gold programme does include a drinks reception as stated on the website.

However, Better than Life is a two day event so the drinks reception will be held on the Saturday and NOT the Friday as with other cons.

Hope that clears things up.

:P

Whereabouts mate?

Im cool thanks little fella :P Life gets in the way all the time, but an RD con is very worthy. Are you going to this? Me and Sara will be going.

As for the Friday thing it may be cut and paste, which is great as its saved me a night in the hotel. :YAHOO: but this is from the website.

New

Gold Programme Weekend Entry for Better Than Life

This entitles one adult to gold programme weekend admission at Better Than Life - The Unofficial Convention for Red Dwarf Fans. Included within that is the following : Exclusive drinks reception with the guests on Friday evening, free entry to professional photo shoot with each guest in attendance, reserved priority seating for the guest talks, exclusive convention t-shirt and convention goodie bag, PLUS everything that is included in the standard programme which is exclusive convention souvenir programme, exclusive convention gifts/surprise, entry to all guest talks, a free autograph from each guest on a personal item up to 6 guests, 3 themed parties, and access to the dealers room. Please check our terms and conditions on the website before committing to your order. www.massiveevents.co.uk/betterthanlife

Product is in stock

£95.00

Add to shopping list

Recommend product

Customers who bought this product also bought

I know Mark has clarified it for you but this has never been on the website, maybe its the shop area you read it.

• 4 weeks later...