Guess...

Sazzzy

k, well thats how i tend to write, most people seem ok with it.

and sorri if u think its rude for me to say that, but i say that all the time.

Most adults don't like it. And don't you think you're being rude by continuing to write in a difficult to understand manner even after I told you how hard it is for me to read? The first time I could understand - I know a lot of young teenage girls come online after talking to their friends like this on facebook or bebo and don't realise that most message boards don't like this. But to continue using it even after people object is really wilfully ignorant.

Why write sorri? That's not even trying to shorten the word, that's just a deliberate and unnecessary misspelling. There are people from all nationalities on this forum and I know for a fact that they can't look up "sorri" or "coz" in their dictionary and get the definition back.

Edited by Psychosis

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k, well thats how i tend to write, most people seem ok with it.

and sorri if u think its rude for me to say that, but i say that all the time.

Most adults don't like it. And don't you think you're being rude by continuing to write in a difficult to understand manner even after I told you how hard it is for me to read? The first time I could understand - I know a lot of young teenage girls come online after talking to their friends like this on facebook or bebo and don't realise that most message boards don't like this. But to continue using it even after people object is really wilfully ignorant.

Why write sorri? That's not even trying to shorten the word, that's just a deliberate and unnecessary misspelling. There are people from all nationalities on this forum and I know for a fact that they can't look up "sorri" or "coz" in their dictionary and get the definition back.

OK, SORRY but i've gotten so used to writing like that, its difficult to change, my fingers type at their own free will.

OK, SORRY but i've gotten so used to writing like that, its difficult to change, my fingers type at their own free will.

Thank you for the effort! :(

It helps you in the long run anyway. When you get to doing your GCSEs or A-Levels and you have to write a report, if you learn to type properly online you'll write a lot more accurately in your report or exam paper too. That's a major problem in schools these days, that people are writing "kewl tlk" in their homework and exams.

to be honest the typing and text talk is why i stay off the twilight forum it hurts my head, as somone who is dyslexic its very off putting to have to read something seven times and a thread can take forever to read i know my typo's are often amazingly bad but at least i have an excuse, you should see the lovely red marks i get back on the course work on my nvq lol.

i dont mind people shortning words but sorri is just bad grammer and throws me for the rest of the scentance.

so its apreciated especialy by me when you try and type it right,

x pez

i know my typo's are often amazingly bad but at least i have an excuse, you should see the lovely red marks i get back on the course work on my nvq lol.

x pez

To be honest, in a forum situation, I find it easier to read your posts or Jason's posts. The mistakes you make are somehow more logical. I dunno. Like when the actual letters in a word are rearranged, my brain automatically skims over the rearranged letters and puts them into the correct order.

When things are deliberately really changed, it takes longer to try to sound them out and figure out what they are.

Psychosis: if I was that way inclined, I would marry you! I don't use txt talk anywhere, not even in text messages. In fact, I use appropriate capitalisation and apostrophes in text messages. =P

Edited by Lenatalia

Psychosis: if I was that way inclined, I would marry you! I don't use txt talk anywhere, not even in text messages. In fact, I use appropriate capitalisation and apostrophes in text messages. =P

so do i as anyone whos had a face book mesage of me when im on my phone will tell you i may often go the long way round to say something cause little anoying phone says NO!

anyway lets guess who this guest is that we may be getting for guest number 4

one big one regular who would like to start?

To be honest, in a forum situation, I find it easier to read your posts or Jason's posts. The mistakes you make are somehow more logical. I dunno. Like when the actual letters in a word are rearranged, my brain automatically skims over the rearranged letters and puts them into the correct order.

I'm the same... It's like that thing I saw in psychology (I have no idea the actual name for it lol) where if you write words and muddle up the words in the middle, but keep the first and last letters the same, you can still read it easily because you recognise the pattern or something like that. Dyslexic people tend to write a word as it sounds, so if you are the type of person to read words and sort of talk them through in your head, if it is spelt wrong but would be spoken the same, then you can still read it... and I'm tired so probably not making sense lol!

The only place I'll really use "text talk" is on msn, apart from that I dont see a reason to :D

I'm odd lol, I don't use text talk in an actual text, unless I'm running out of my free texts and I can't blab on using up 2 texts, and I don't on forums, but on msn I tend to type really quickly to people as I'm usually multi tasking and end up using semi text talk (like "goin" instead of "going"), but I always keep good grammar or you could pick up bad habits!

And yep, it is really hard for foreign people to try and translate text talk. It is even harder for foreign people to come on here and talk in their language's text talk!! As I've known from a certain person :D

Anyway, guests! heh... As I can't make it (:D) I'm not going to guess... however, there are a few that would actually make me be very naughty and spend what I can't afford for a ticket lol... and I won't tempt fate by guessing them or I'll be seriously screwed for money!!

YES! YES! *does a shampoo ad imitation*

My mum and friends always laugh at me for using appropriate spelling/punctuation/grammar in text messages. I get unlimited text messages so I'm damn well going to use them! I just.... ahhh... I don't think I could actually physically ALLOW myself to write in 'txt tlk' even if I wanted to. I think my hands are more likely to choke myself than to type like that!