Any Chance of Pele at Sportsmania?

terrier26

What do you think that the chances are?

If the event was to be staged in Manchester then perhaps ex-greats such as Peter Schmeichel, Bobby Charlton or some of the current Olympic Champions based at the Velodrome in Sportcity could be persuaded o attend?

• 3 weeks later...

If the event was to be staged in Manchester then perhaps ex-greats such as Peter Schmeichel, Bobby Charlton or some of the current Olympic Champions based at the Velodrome in Sportcity could be persuaded o attend?

Pele is much needed!!! Im sure alot of people would pay to get him on a shirt etc?

Pele is much needed!!! Im sure alot of people would pay to get him on a shirt etc?

At the last Sports Mania I was speaking with a representative of A1 Sporting Collectables, who claim to have an exclusive contract with Pele. I asked her the question "What's the chances of getting Pele to one of these shows?" she replied "No chance".

A1 charge £200 for a signed Pele shirt and around £2000 to meet Pele. Even with a large amount of interest I don't think many people would folk out £200 for his autograph, not in the current economic situation.

I would love to be proved wrong, but I just can't see this one happening.

At the last Sports Mania I was speaking with a representative of A1 Sporting Collectables, who claim to have an exclusive contract with Pele. I asked her the question "What's the chances of getting Pele to one of these shows?" she replied "No chance".

A1 charge £200 for a signed Pele shirt and around £2000 to meet Pele. Even with a large amount of interest I don't think many people would folk out £200 for his autograph, not in the current economic situation.

I would love to be proved wrong, but I just can't see this one happening.

Yeh but thats for a pre signed shirt - surley for his autograph on a 10x8 it would cost no more than £80?

Need him on my escape to victory shirt badly!!! would probly pay £100

When he did his book signing it worked out at £10 per auto plus you got a quick photo of him signing. I'm not sure meeting him properly (I got a handshake and hello that's enough for me) would be that spectacular as his english isn't exactly brilliant and I doubt that many of us can speak Brazilian!

When he did his book signing it worked out at £10 per auto plus you got a quick photo of him signing. I'm not sure meeting him properly (I got a handshake and hello that's enough for me) would be that spectacular as his english isn't exactly brilliant and I doubt that many of us can speak Brazilian!

his english must be good to do an advert on impotence .....lol

I doubt that many of us can speak Brazilian!

I thought most people in Brazil spoken Portuguese? :D

And yes A1 have got exclusive rights with Pele, I would love to meet the bloke but its just not going to happen :D

When I wrote that I thought what language do they speak in Brazil so instead of looking it up just guessed!!

Apparently A1 are doing an evening with Pele including a signed shirt - prices are due to be at least £300 I reckon though. (sorry if that breaks the mentioning other events rules - if it does then soz).

Its a shame though I've heard reports of Pele wearing a cast at big football events so that he doesn't have to sign anything!!

I thought most people in Brazil spoken Portuguese? :P

And yes A1 have got exclusive rights with Pele, I would love to meet the bloke but its just not going to happen :WINCE:

When I wrote that I thought what language do they speak in Brazil so instead of looking it up just guessed!!

Apparently A1 are doing an evening with Pele including a signed shirt - prices are due to be at least £300 I reckon though. (sorry if that breaks the mentioning other events rules - if it does then soz).

Its a shame though I've heard reports of Pele wearing a cast at big football events so that he doesn't have to sign anything!!

That's a very old trick he has been doing for a while. Even other sports stars have started doing similar things.

On his recant book tour Evander Holyfield's publisher said he had hurt his hand sparing so couldn't sign any books. But everyone did get a pre signed, supposedly authentic, autographed index card to stick into the book and a chance to have their photo taken with him.

Edited by 18blue78

I thought most people in Brazil spoken Portuguese? ;)

And yes A1 have got exclusive rights with Pele, I would love to meet the bloke but its just not going to happen ;)

Hi Dazzler

Where did you see that signing advertised? Please PM me if req'd!