When will new guests be announced?

platinumtlc

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain Mal - there are a few of the main cast of these shows that wont be able to commit till 2-3 months before as at past events so i wouldnt worry yet and theres usually a flurry of activity in the last few months so we have loads of time yet to get the guests theres still 7 months - sm have had some great names from the casts of each show over for signings so sure they will get some great guests for us.

however, i wouldnt say no to a new guest of course and await news like eveyone else.! x

Edited by buffy2k

I'm hoping we'll get another guest announced soon :dance: I'm worried if more dont sign up soon the one we have will pull out as well.

you really dont need to worry that someone will drop out just because no one else has signed up yet! i dont think iv ever seen that happen, and lake buffy2k said, sm have got good contacts from main cast in the shows so i wouldnt worry to much, they deffently will pull off the cons with an impressive line up :)

but i also agree...a new guest wudnt be minded :dance:

I was just curious as ive only ever been to one buffy convention that was years ago. but has sarah michelle gellar or Joss ever been to one over here?

Sarah Michelle Gellar doesn't do conventions, although she has done some of the large Comic-con's in the States when promoting a project. I think Joss may have been to a UK one very early on in the Buffy days, but certainly not recently. He did some signings and appearances when Serenity was released in 2005 but not a full convention.

Problem with Joss is he is a very busy man so it's unlikely he be able to make an appearance at a UK con, though he does at lot of the US Comic-Con ones because they usually only mean he has to take a day or two out to do them, and most of the time he is promoting stuff at the same time.

I think the best chance to see Joss would be if he comes over next year to promote Cabin in the Woods.

Problem with Joss is he is a very busy man so it's unlikely he be able to make an appearance at a UK con, though he does at lot of the US Comic-Con ones because they usually only mean he has to take a day or two out to do them, and most of the time he is promoting stuff at the same time.

I think the best chance to see Joss would be if he comes over next year to promote Cabin in the Woods.

joss could come over to promote dollhouse since technically it hasnt been released here only way the uk has of seeing it is on the web. but i still think he'd be too busy to attend but hopefully sm can prove me wrong.

i cant wait for another guest to be anncounced the supense is killing me!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sarah Michelle Gellar doesn't do conventions, although she has done some of the large Comic-con's in the States when promoting a project. I think Joss may have been to a UK one very early on in the Buffy days, but certainly not recently. He did some signings and appearances when Serenity was released in 2005 but not a full convention.

Do we know why Sarah doesn't do conventions? Is she just too busy?

She never has tbh, i remeber once reading her saying she was too fragile for english conventions and with american ones i just think she doesnt always want to be seen as buffy.

but the time things probubly an issue too now shes gone on to do movies and back to tv.

Do we know why Sarah doesn't do conventions? Is she just too busy?

I think I've heard somewhere that SMG has a slight fear of large crowds and that's one of the reasons she doesn't do conventions. Although, I'm sure she's pretty busy nowadays too so that's probably a reason too.

there is rumour of Sarah doing a new tv show in the US for HBO and she also goes back and forth to africa with her charity CARE which she is very involved in along with spending more time with Freddie as well in the last year or so. She is not confident in large crowds of people and never has been so i am not sure (although i would love it) that she will ever do a proper con. Although she did go to the buffy reunion last year in the US so maybe in future there is hope who knows?

Nicky

Edited by buffy2k

the buffy reunion was not a proper con tho, they sat and a man asked them questionm then a couple of people (very lucky) got to answer questions over the mic. i very much doubt shed ever do a con, as much as everyone would want her to.. altho with the new tv show coming out we might be lucky enough for her to do some premoting in the uk :P

also look oyut for veronika decides to die, which is apperently coming to cinemas this year (heres hoping it actually gets to the cinema) but yeh other then that shes doing like buffy2k said "the wonderfuil maladys" for hbo/.

Edited by Sazzzy

the buffy reunion was not a proper con tho, they sat and a man asked them questionm then a couple of people (very lucky) got to answer questions over the mic. i very much doubt shed ever do a con, as much as everyone would want her to.. altho with the new tv show coming out we might be lucky enough for her to do some premoting in the uk :YAHOO:

also look oyut for veronika decides to die, which is apperently coming to cinemas this year (heres hoping it actually gets to the cinema) but yeh other then that shes doing like buffy2k said "the wonderfuil maladys" for hbo/.

she might just have been warned about you lol