The Older Attendees

kegan5

I really think we need to make a oldies corner. Maybe in the bar is the best idea.

I was thinking maybe we could arrange a met up before friday party so the people coming by theirselves can get to met some people staight away to spend some time with.

I'm also willing to make some badges if people would like me to.

These could be printable for people.

Excellent idea, I'm up for that anyway :)

Although can we think of a better name than Oldies lol!

Badges sound good, or even I've read on a music artists forum they wear coloured wrist bands, or ribbons... just something to identify themselves.

P.s. I can't think of a group name erm The Digestive Biscuits :YAHOO: xx

Would people be willing to post a pic of themselves on here? I know some people don't like to do that, but some don't mind and it could help identify who's who before we get to the hotel :).

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be an older attendee too. I'm 38 :P :P

I'm looking forward to going but a little nervous too, as I'm going alone. :D

I'm just so relieved I won't be the oldest there! :P

well i'm alone too so you can hang with me if you like

That would be really cool, thanks. I'm glad that I'm not the only first timer too. Just got to book a hotel now!

My first post...I'm a bit scared (I hate breaking into new forums!)

But...just wanted to say that I am glad there are other fans around my age going to be there and that I'm not the only person going on my own...because I'm starting to get nervous about that - I'm a shy soul and get nervous easily :P (despite my being an erm...older fan!)

So...I just wanted to join the forum and hopefully get to know some other people who will be there...and might maybe speak to me! It's my first con too, so not sure what to expect! And I sound such a loser :P - sorry!!

xC

You're in the same boat as me then! :D I'm not normally a big mixer - I can be a bit on the quiet side.

Oh, and I'll definately speak to you. :YAHOO:

I like the idea of ribbons better than badges; and for an appropriate link, how about a piece of red ribbon (as from the front cover of Eclipse) worn somewhere on your person. Could be worn in the hair, or tied round your wrist, or just a little bit pinned to your shirt like one of those aids-awareness ribbons?

well i did say on the other board that i will hang around after signing in on the friday and meet some people who are going on there own so i don't mind playing go between and meeting anyone who wants to meet, (i'll post a picture too if that would help people) i love the idea of the ribbon but could be funny as some people wear the aids ribbons and that would be a bit confusing,

Thanks for all the kind replies....nice to know I'm not going to be alone!! Despite convincing a few people to read the books and/or see the movie (and them loving it/them!) no one would come to the con with me! But, I'm tired of missing out on doing stuff because I have to go alone!!

No, I'm not scared of crazy vampire fans - been a vampire fan for years and years and I'm used to being in the minority and people giving me weird looks (esp when they ask about the tat on my wrist and I tell them it's a vampire bite!!) So....it will be great to be amongst like minded people and to actually be able to talk Twilight with people who feel the same!!

Anything that helps the 'aloners' to meet up and recognise each other sounds a great idea...will keep checking for what is decided.

Btw..what time do things usually start on the Friday? I finish work at 12.30 so have to leave after that, meaning I won't be there until about 5 I think. Booked the Monday off so I can stay Sunday night though! :firedevil:

xC

What would people think about a red ribbon and then if I do down sized version of the apple and we can put it on top of the ribbon.

I just thought that might make it a little different.

Maybe we call call our selves something like the apple trees. We would be like the route of the goodness.

Thanks for all the kind replies....nice to know I'm not going to be alone!! Despite convincing a few people to read the books and/or see the movie (and them loving it/them!) no one would come to the con with me! But, I'm tired of missing out on doing stuff because I have to go alone!!

No, I'm not scared of crazy vampire fans - been a vampire fan for years and years and I'm used to being in the minority and people giving me weird looks (esp when they ask about the tat on my wrist and I tell them it's a vampire bite!!) So....it will be great to be amongst like minded people and to actually be able to talk Twilight with people who feel the same!!

Anything that helps the 'aloners' to meet up and recognise each other sounds a great idea...will keep checking for what is decided.

Btw..what time do things usually start on the Friday? I finish work at 12.30 so have to leave after that, meaning I won't be there until about 5 I think. Booked the Monday off so I can stay Sunday night though! :thumbup:

xC

theres a schedule of events on teh top section of the board sif you're there at 5 you'll be fine :) at the torchwood con i missed the whoel friday even though i live in northampton coz i had booke dto see russell howard so i went signed in then left, went to theatre and came back in the evening for the party :)

you have a vampire bite on your wrist??? lol i have a triquetra

seasoned con goer and oldie reporting for duity lol ( well if i can sweet talk the boss in to letting me get the weekend off ... isn't looking good..... )you can just double your baby sitting skills whilest your there .... you can be the protector if you will....

Yeappppp

its my very first convention

was a bit doubtful of going at first

but then i thought

hey,

its TWILIGHT

plus im already in UK

its too much coincidence to pass up :))

SO here I am!

where u from people? :)

xxx

theres a schedule of events on teh top section of the board sif you're there at 5 you'll be fine :) at the torchwood con i missed the whoel friday even though i live in northampton coz i had booke dto see russell howard so i went signed in then left, went to theatre and came back in the evening for the party :)

Thank you! I found the schedule thing after I posted my reply...:D So, glad I won't be missing anything too important whilst stuck on the train!

And yep, I really have a vampire bite tat on my wrist - and then erm...4 more tats - inc a triquetra (also have bats and a moon on my back - which I love!!) Most people think my vamp bite is mad, but I love it - it's cool!!

xC

Edited by CharmedOne

People I am loving the idea of meeting up on Friday!

Or a kind of badge to get to know people!! :))

Maybe we can find out more about each other before the convention as well

So that we[namely ME!] wont look like a sad loner at her first EVER convention ;p

add me at chalcedony_rose@hotmail.com

xxx

Our train doesn't get in til about 5:55pm, & we are leaving at 7:55am! :D

But as long as we make it with time to check into the hotel, grab a quick change, register & get to the opening ceremony, I'm really not bothered. :(

wow where are you travelling from? long journey!

We are travelling down from Inverness in Scotland... 9 hour trip. :(

Thank you! I found the schedule thing after I posted my reply...:D So, glad I won't be missing anything too important whilst stuck on the train!

And yep, I really have a vampire bite tat on my wrist - and then erm...4 more tats - inc a triquetra (also have bats and a moon on my back - which I love!!) Most people think my vamp bite is mad, but I love it - it's cool!!

xC

if it makes you feel better i have 9 so far i hav eto make it 10 soon as i don't have my duaghter yet

anyone who wants to add me on msn feel free my addy is thewhiteladyofrohan@neomail.com my name is JJ btw

Hey everyone! First time posting on this Forum! Signed up today just so i could write this and say how glad ia am to see that there are going to be people my age there! (25 :frankie: )At least we know we won't be alone with a bunch of screaming/ crazed :firedevil: teenagers! ROFL. Or maybe they'll have to watch out for us....humm... Anyways me and friend are going together! But we'd love to meet up with everyone!

:firedevil: This is going to be awsome!

Edited by Eym2cute

Hey everyone! First time posting on this Forum! Signed up today just so i could write this and say how glad ia am to see that there are going to be people my age there! (25 :clap: )At least we know we won't be alone with a bunch of screaming/ crazed :chair: teenagers! ROFL. Or maybe they'll have to watch out for us....humm... Anyways me and friend are going together! But we'd love to meet up with everyone!

:dance: This is going to be awsome!

hey welcome to the boards :) yes they'll be a gorup of non screaming fan girls probably squished as we get trambeled the screaming fan girls

• Showmasters Admin

Hey everyone! First time posting on this Forum! Signed up today just so i could write this and say how glad ia am to see that there are going to be people my age there! (25 :clap: )At least we know we won't be alone with a bunch of screaming/ crazed :chair: teenagers! ROFL. Or maybe they'll have to watch out for us....humm... Anyways me and friend are going together! But we'd love to meet up with everyone!

hey welcome to the boards :) yes they'll be a gorup of non screaming fan girls probably squished as we get trambeled the screaming fan girls

Never going to happen.

Having been to the prem I understand people conserns and there being the possibility of screaming fan girls, but there really is no need for it at an event like this. And it will be controlled.

At the end of the day we want our guests to relax, if they do that they have a better time and our likely to spend more time with the attendees. It's really not possible to relax if you are being screamed at.

There will definitely be no trampling. As with any of our events, if an attendee does not behave reasonably they will be removed. Screaming and barging other attendees will very much be considered UN-reasonable.

Screaming fan girls "may" have the upper hand when it comes to volume, but we oldies that "run" the event hold the keys to them getting ANY access to the guests. If they don't behave, they don't get to met the guests. It's pretty simple.

Never going to happen.

Having been to the prem I understand people conserns and there being the possibility of screaming fan girls, but there really is no need for it at an event like this. And it will be controlled.

At the end of the day we want our guests to relax, if they do that they have a better time and our likely to spend more time with the attendees. It's really not possible to relax if you are being screamed at.

There will definitely be no trampling. As with any of our events, if an attendee does not behave reasonably they will be removed. Screaming and barging other attendees will very much be considered UN-reasonable.

Screaming fan girls "may" have the upper hand when it comes to volume, but we oldies that "run" the event hold the keys to them getting ANY access to the guests. If they don't behave, they don't get to met the guests. It's pretty simple.

i know dude thats why i come to yur showmasters events coz i know you guys rock, and even if they did try to traple me your so tall i would just jump on your back and they'd never reach me :) and you probably wouldn't even notice i was there :D

Edited by thewhiteladyofrohan