R.I.P. Majel Barrett-Roddenberry

s.p.d.

Thought i would post this in here in case anyone hadn't seen it as this is the most used forum.

Rest in peace.

POSTED FROM IMDB.COM

Majel Barrett-Roddenberry, the widow of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, died today of leukemia at her home in Bel-Air at the age of 76. She went peacefully and was surrounded by her son Eugene “Rod†Roddenberry Jr and family friends.

Majel Barrett has appeared in every incarnation of the popular science fiction series and is sometimes referred to as “the First Lady of Star Trekâ€. In addition to appearing on screen in various different capacities, Majel also provided the voice of starship onboard computers for The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, most of the Star Trek films and computer games. Majel recently completed voice work for JJ Abrams‘ Star Trek., reprising her role as the voice of the Starship Enterprise computer.

I just learned the very sad news of the death of Majel Barrett-Roddenberry from leukemia and I wanted to say thank you to Showmasters for giving me, and other fans, the opportunity to meet her at Collectormania. She was polite and friendly when I met her, and she will be sadly missed.

Oh no, that is sad news :YAHOO: Never got to meet her though unfortunately, R.I.P.

Edited by Christoff

Thats two autos i'll never get in person now after missing my chance.

The other one was James Doohan years ago..figured id see him next time, but there never was..this is why Im getting the TOS cast now before more die!

RIP Majel :YAHOO:

Edited by crippsy_99

She was a lovely lady that I had the greatest honour of sitting with for most of the weekend she was at Collectormania.

She was wickedly funny and although tired and jetlagged still managed a smile and a conversation with everyone she met. She really enjoyed being the nice face of Star Trek that weekend and took such delight in hearing the lovely things everyone said about her husbands legacy (and even more delight in hearing some of the not so nice things you may have mentioned to her about another guest that weekend!).

She was a lovely lady that I had the greatest honour of sitting with for most of the weekend she was at Collectormania.

She was wickedly funny and although tired and jetlagged still managed a smile and a conversation with everyone she met. She really enjoyed being the nice face of Star Trek that weekend and took such delight in hearing the lovely things everyone said about her husbands legacy (and even more delight in hearing some of the not so nice things you may have mentioned to her about another guest that weekend!).

Yes, I remember that weekend very well, I was with Marina Sirtis that day. The look on Majels face and the conversations all four of us had that day cracked me up.

That is really sad! :YAHOO: She was such a lovely lady and i really enjoyed meeting her. She was a really talented lady and worked really hard. Majel will never be forgotten. My love goes out to her family and friends and of course the Star Trek Family.

Another Legend that will never be forgotten x

Heard about this yesterday...

She will be missed (RIP) but at least she isn't suffering anymore.

Glad I met her when I did, my husband will always tresure the signed photo from her I got him, when he didn't have the money to afford it at the time...

:YAHOO:

LLAP :YAHOO:

Majel Barrett-Roddenberry has died. She was the widow of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry as well as an actress in many iterations of the show. She played “Number One,†the second-in-command to Captain Christopher Pike in the original 1964 Trek pilot “The Cage.†She returned during the run of The Original Series as the semi-regular Nurse Christine Chapel, the blonde, blue-skirted assistant to Dr. McCoy who had a not-well-hidden crush on Mr. Spock. Chapel was eventually promoted to the rank of Commander, appearing in the first and fourth Star Trek films.

In The Next Generation she appeared as Lwaxana Troi, mother of Counselor Deanna Troi and daughter of the Fifth House, the Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, and Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed. She was a love-her-or-hate-her character, oftentimes a comic foil to Captain Picard. She appeared in six episodes of TNG and three episodes of Deep Space Nine. She even allowed Odo to return to his gooey, liquid state in a dress she was wearing.

Ms. Roddenberry was also, of course, the voice of the Enterprise’s computer in all of the series and films. Even the show Enterprise was able to slip her in once.

It was reported just a week ago that she would once again voice the computer in J.J. Abrams’ new quasi-reboot of the franchise. It is currently unknown if she was able to complete this task.

I’m truly sad that Majel will not be around to witness the reboot of the film. She will always be the “First Lady of Star Trek†to us.

She last appeared at Collectormania 8 in October 2005

Will be sadly missed RIP Majel and thank you.

It was a sad day indeed, especially this time of year as well.

She actually died on Thursday at her home with her family around her. I have been told by very good sources that her legacy will also live on as she had finished recording the computer voice for the new film

It is a major pity. She was really lovely lady. Me and my co-host, Nina, have done a report about her on our website. Check it out and let me know what you guys think.

www.markandninahfm.co.uk

Scroll down to her picture on main page - small paragraph next to photo, click where it says 'here' and it will take you to the page.

RIP Majel

Mark