Showmasters answering some of your questions

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

i have read some of the points people have had on here and hope to answer some of them

"question"

"How about a meeting on the setup day? we could get all the dealers together and bounce some ideas around for the weekend."

"Answer"

dealers are busy setting up and leave the running of the event to us they do not want to know or spend much time on how the event works they just want the event to work and pay for a tables and sell items to pay for there stock table cost and make a bit of extra money for there time so having a meeting with them will not help the event much i do not think :unsure:

Next

The Management at the shopping center are now happy to work with us more to help to promote the next event, so lots of the issues we have had to promote the event will be resolved for the August event :D

i do think that most of the issues with the amount of fans attending this years event is down to the down turn in the economy and money people have to spend and i also think the time of year is also a factor, and i do think both these issues had a major impact to the event :huh:

i do think that next years event will suffer less to the above factors, if we get more fliers out though the fans and out through the shopping center and get the guests booked a bit earlier the event will be well attended and we can start to grow the event again, but we do want and need your help to promote the next event we will get fliers done early and if you contact us with your address and we will start to get them out to you in the new year :D

"question"

"ONE THING ,only one .

Better advertising , more advertising , don't care where it is or where it goes , but as this is the only Scottish show then we need to get word further a field , more prominent and while enough time so people that want to see the guests can book time off and arrange travel"

"Answer"

we spent over £10,000 on adds in papers and radio and we were there the weekend before the show now there are ways to improve getting the word out there but spending more on adds is not the answer, its easy to say and if it were that easy we would do it but promoting the event in other ways and word of mouth is the better way ;)

we know the summer events worked well for everyone and i think the fans also find it easy to get to as the wether is nice at that time of year

so to help make the next event better we plan to do the following

we will get the guests booked early

increase the publicity in the shopping center

get more fliers out to local fans to help get the word out in Scotland

we will also try to book a wider range of guests for the fans to meet

i think that if all this gets into play the event will be well received and will go from strength to strength in 2009

well i hope you can see we do listen and take your ideas and thoughts on board as we want it to work just as much as you do

i do think we should all work together to make the events good for everyone and it would be nice to see us all getting along a bit nicer as we all want the same thing a great event , there has been a lot of fighting between fans on here, let all chill out a bit and work together rather than fight about who is right or wrong we are all fans and want the same thing so lets all get together and make it happen and have fun doing it ;)

and one last point we lost around £10,000 running this last event, and its in our interest to get it right for you and us we are committed to keep running events in Scotland, so just because we do not seem to act on every suggestion put up on here dose not mean we are not working on it, and we cannot always come on here to up date every thing that is going on, but we will be working on the event rest assured

well i hope this answers some of the points asked and shows that we listing

thanks once again and we look forward to seeing you all again 2009

Jaosn and the Showmasters team :WAVE:

Hi Jason,

Hope you all had a good journey home, thanks for everything over the weekend.

I think it was me that suggested a dealers meeting, you're quite right when you say that we're all busy on setup day, everyone is in and out at different times so it might not be practical.

There are a few bits of information that would be worth passing round though, maybe we could come up with something. I spoke to a couple of dealers last time who didn't know much if anything about the guests, not all of them are active on the forum. actually some don't ever come here. We can all help promote the guests to the public, I spoke about them to lots of people over the course of the weekend, hopefully it encouraged people to meet them.. ( and buy autos.. pictures..etc etc :unsure: )

There are a few of us 'locals' who plan to meet up a bit before the next one and co-ordinate our efforts for promotion, we've got plenty of ideas, some we can do on our own and some that we could do in conjunction with Showmasters, of course we'll keep you in the loop.

Good news on the centre managment coming on board, should create a bit of scope for us to make people aware what's going on.

I do think that most of the 'issues' that we had before on this forum were actually caused by a lack of communication, we had people wanting to help but they were struggling to get answers when it mattered, people then took things on themselves and other people took this as a slap in the face!

I believe that's all behind us now and we're all 'on the same page' let's keep the dialogue going and we can all pull in the same direction to make August 2009 the best Collectormania yet.

good to hear this jason

Scapegoat said it earlier about a street team, but if we can work with you and go though the proper channels with center management there are a few events on in the arena which will appeal to the fan base we are looking for

if we could get advertising space or even just allowed to flyer in the center on these days we could easily make the money lost at this event back and more

I'm at ground zero, so to speak, 5-6 days a week and am willing to put posters up, make a revolving door display.......anything you can think of really

i also think that having a little meet and greet with anyone who wants to help would be good in the new year so we could bounce every thing around

i also think that having a little meet and greet with anyone who wants to help would be good in the new year so we could bounce every thing around

Yes that sounds good to me.

Also thanks Jason I enjoyed this show very much.

Edited by mojoe