CMG 4 cosplay

Cocomando

What i'd like to see for CMG 4 , more people in costume , if you got one and you think it's any good enter it in the competion , but don't just wear it 1 hour before the comp , come dressed parade around the convention in it , get you'r photo taken in it . It's all part of the convention spirit .

I'll be there with my custom Mandalorian ( Scotlands only Custom Mando ) i'm sure there will be Marines , i'm sure there'll be a Batman and Boba Fett , possibly even a Lara Croft and i'm sure there will be a Stormie or 2 .

we need more people to dress up

if you got an idea of a costume then join us , it's fun

Not much to add, he's dead right. :unsure:

More costumes!! bigger cosplay and definately more people in costume wandering around the arena and the shopping centre.

A question to all the cosplayers.. what could the rest of us do to help/encourage?

Edited by Scrapyard Sculptures

Yes, that would be nice, but can i remind you that only mostly "hand-made" costumes are allowed to enter the cosplay contest?

By "not handmade" i mean:

a costume "fresh-out-of-a-shop-that-you-just-have-to-wear" (like a star trek jumpsuit, or a stormtrooper, for instance)

Per opposition as a costume sewed yourself, or assembled from bits and bobs for a long time, or something you bought, but altered considerably.

That rule of course only applies on the contest.. wear whatever you want wherever you want, uh :)

Gareth did most of the work on his Alien costume, and the Colonial Marine armour is all handmade - but by Spat in New York. We paint them ourselves ( Or buy Jedifraz a few gallons of cider to do the camo, as he's got the right paints, l33t skillz and free time for it :blush: ).

But we don't enter because we'd rather see someone who doesn't do this at every opportunity anyway getting into it and having their efforts recognised.

Scrapyard Sculptures - I ( as Section 8 Airsoft ) generally donate a few free passes to the Cosplay competition as prizes. The more dealers do that, the more incentive there is to enter.

I'd personally like to see the Cosplay REALLY made a big thing in future - As it's somewhat impossible to enter if you only find out about it on the day!

So emphasise it on the flyers? Maybe do a run of posters for dealers to put up in their stores if they have them?

If, for example, Scrapyard Sculptures offer a prize, have it on display with a note saying "WIN ME! HERE'S HOW!"

We'd be happy to run the Cosplay competition if nobody else from Showmasters is available, too.

Abe's nodding his huge phallic alien head at the idea as we speak :)

ive heard alot of people trowing around alot of good ideas but i recon i got sumit prety tite to surprise you all with, dont got a hope in hell of beating eddie, but what the hell, im just in it for the fun of it. the only reason any of us should be, lets make complete mugs of ourselfs, all in the name of fun!!!