WIN a seat at the meal with the STARS OF HEROES

slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

CLICK HERE FOR BANNERS & ADVERTS!!!

I know that a lot of people have been asking how this competition is going to work, and how the winner will be determined. Here are a few things to help clarify some queries you may have.

About the Competition:

This is a competition to encourage the fans attending to help us advertise this event and get the word out about this convention to as many Heroes fans as possible!

The winner will get the chance to attend the meal with the convention guests on the Saturday evening of Eclipse 3, at one of the finest chinese restaurants.

While there can only be one winner but remember the more fans that get to know about Eclipse 3 the more tickets get sold and that means we have more to spend on guests, party's and the event as a whole, so spreading the word only makes the event better for everyone

To see the original topic click here!!

How to Win!

We want to get adverts, banners and buttons spread over the internet on various Heroes fansites, cast fansites, and other sites that relate to Heroes. So, what you need to do is contact the webmasters of various sites and ask (kindly) if they would be willing to link back, give them the address of where to find an advert, banner or button ( http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/eclipse3/site.php?linkbk ) and wait for their response! Below is the points structure that we have adopted for calculating the winner! All you have to do is forward the replies from the webmasters to the competition email address given in the 'how to enter' section.

We are going to be judging the winner based on a points system. The points given are as follows:

• NEW: An Eclipse 3 advert featured on the sidebar of every page will gain you 50 points.
  • A banner/large button featured on every page of the site (For example: in the side bar navigation strip) will gain you 20 points.
  • A banner/large button featured on every page of the site (For example: in the side bar navigation strip) will gain you 20 points.
  • A banner/large button featured on an affiliates page will gain you 10 points.
  • A small button link featured on every page of the site will gain you 10 points.
  • A text link featured on every page of the site will gain you 5 points.
  • A small button link featured on an affiliates page will gain you 5 points.

If you get a banner added to a very busy/larger website that has a lot of traffic we will double the points listed above.

NEW! I have now created adverts and added them to the "Link Back" page on the Eclipse 3 website, if the webmasters use the code given on this page to link back, then I can update the adverts whenever any changes are made. These are designed specifically for the sidebars on websites, and are quite big, so if they are used you will gain 50 points!

If you get any of the webmasters to post an article about the convention, and advertise the event more prominently then you can gain bonus points! These bonus points will be determined by the extent of the advertising you get!

In the event that a few people have replies back from the same website stating they achieved a link back, we will check the dates on the emails, and if they are incredibly close, and it is difficult to determine who exactly was responsible for the link back, then we will issue the same number of points to those few affected for your efforts!

It is worth noting that some of the Heroes/Cast fansites that are out there require a link back for them to return a link to Eclipse 3. If this is the case you need to not only have an email from the sites' webmaster proving that you contacted them to put a banner up, but you also need an email from myself proving that you also got me to add a button/banner to the Eclipse 3 site in order to secure the link back.

Livejournal Accounts:

A post must advertise the event, give details about the event, and link back to the website with a large button or banner. Points will be:

• Personal Livejournal account (That is not F-locked) will gain you 5 points. (You can only get this once, so you cannot set up multiple accounts)
  • The first person to post on a community with 50-100 members will get 5 points
  • The first person to post on a community with 100-1000 members will get 10 points
  • The first person to post on a community with 1000+ members will get 20 points

This is stop multiple postings on the same community and spam, and to stop people from setting up comms and getting their friends to join up so they can post and earn some points. Because of the ease of postings on LJ and the fact that it is harder to get banners/buttons posted on websites, this is why you get fewer points for this section. I hope that makes sense.

How to Enter:

We have set up an email account: competition@massiveevents.co.uk.

Please forward the emails you have received to this address with "Eclipse 3 Meal Competition - YOUR FULL NAME" in the subject line, and as a message also include links to where the buttons/banners are being shown on these sites. Please include your full name with each email and forward each email you have received separately.

Your points will be tallied up as we go along.

The competition will close one week prior to the event, when the final scores will be double-checked.

The winner will be announced on stage at the event, and the winner will be invited along to the meal with all of the guests on the Saturday evening! (Unfortunately we can only have one winner who will attend the meal with the guests, there will still be the usual auction, so if you don't win you can still bid for a seat at the table!)

GOOD LUCK!!!

SJ

xox

If you have any further questions please feel free to reply and I'll try to answer as soon as possible!

CLICK HERE FOR BANNERS & ADVERTS!!!

Note that this competition can be cancelled if there is a lack of interest.

Edited by slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

Well if you're the webmaster of a site, then you can put up banners/buttons and link back and just send the link to your site over to let me see it, and you'll still get the points.

If you manage to get advertising anywhere else, send over the emails from who you have dealt with as proof, and you'll get "bonus points" for these, which will be determined accordingly.

Does that help?

SJ

xox

Well if you're the webmaster of a site, then you can put up banners/buttons and link back and just send the link to your site over to let me see it, and you'll still get the points.

If you manage to get advertising anywhere else, send over the emails from who you have dealt with as proof, and you'll get "bonus points" for these, which will be determined accordingly.

Does that help?

SJ

xox

Yep, great thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Just to let you know that I am dealing with the Eternal Twilight competition first and will reply to those who have emailed in about this competition later. But I have all of the emails set up in folders and I am keeping track of them, so keep sending them in!!

SJ

xox

i've put posters around my school and college lol :unsure:

cos i live in a town where everyone loves heroes

i might also ask shop keepers etc if they can give out some

you should contact the bbc and ask them if they can put up and advert on tv or something too

this event is going to be amazing

So excited :whistling:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Hi, if you get a website to agree to put up the banner. How do you send it to them? :D

The banners are available on the website, just send them the link and they can download it from there. Alternatively you can download the banner and send it to them as an attachment. :)

SJ

x

• 4 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Okay, we now have some guests, so I have made up some new adverts for the event, let's get the word spread about this event and see if we can get a whole load of entrants for this competition like we did for Twilight!!!

If you want the chance to win a meal with the guests, now's your chance!!!

I will have some new banners made shortly too, so keep looking!

I have just had to cancel The Hub 2 version of this competition since no one entered, I don't want to have to do that here too. Please, please, help us spread the word, contact all the sites you know, get the banners put up, and the adverts, and help us to advertise!!! Remember, you could be in with a shot at winning the meal!

SJ

xox

• Showmasters Admin

I think you mean banners... I never made any adverts at all until today, :chair:

These are proper adverts designed to go into the sidebar of websites. And if the html code given on our site is used I can edit and change the adverts when we get new guests so they will be updated on all sites using them!

I have also added in 3 new banners featuring the guests that can be used on websites!

SJ

xox

• Showmasters Admin

I can't answer that. This particular competition has been set up in order to spread the word to as many Heroes fans as possible to increase ticket sales, that's why this one is being run. I don't know if there will be any others or not.

SJ

x

sj DoubleShinny has been plugging the cons on all the radieo shows she does and podcasts ( i think she name droped it at least 3 times and does an anouncment at the begining of all shows) i dunno if that counts towards this but i think it should lol

I gotta admit I'm really confused here. How does this work? I posted a thread about Eclipse 3 on the 9th Wonders forum and on the Got-Heroes forum, so far.

Those banners, can I just use them in my sig? Without any link backs or whatever?

Edit: Actually, I uploaded a banner and a button to my Photobucket account and used the IMG links in my sigs, then wrote "banner by" or "button by", then linked the banner site on the Eclipse 3 site under it. Hope that's ok.

Edited by Stephanie

• Showmasters Admin

I gotta admit I'm really confused here. How does this work?

The idea is to email around the webmasters of loads of different Heroes fansites, or cast fansites that are on the internet and to ask (kindly) if they would mind putting up a banner or an advert on their website and linking back to the Eclipse 3 website... if they would like to post a little something about the event in their update or a news section to advertise for us that would be great too!

So start googling Heroes fansites and noting down email addresses of those who run the sites and you can join in the competition!!!

Just to let you know what you are aspiring to: the winner of the Eternal Twilight Win a Meal Competition scored 985 points!!!! And that was just by emailing a whole load of Twilight fansites... so if they can do it, you can too!!!!

SJ

xox

Just to give you a sample of what the emails were like that were sent to webmasters for the Twilight competition I have copied one of the ones used by one of our entrants. I have modified it so that it would work for the Heroes event...

Hi there,

I noticed that your website is dedicated to Heroes, and you obviously have a large number of fans of the series and film visiting daily.

Therefore, I was wondering if it would be at all possible for you to help us spread interest for Eclipse 3 (an unofficial UK Heroes convention in May 2009), by putting an advert in your sidebar, or a banner on your website, adding us as an affiliate, and/or even putting a banner or link somewhere such as a news post.

The website can be found here: http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/eclipse3

Currently, two members of the Heroes cast are planning to attend Eclipse 3: Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman), & Ashley Crow (Sandra Bennet), and the organizers of the event are currently working on securing more guests. However, in order to afford this, as many tickets as possible need to be sold for the event. The first step is to let as many fans know as possible, so they can buy tickets.

In turn, this will greatly benefit fans worldwide, as many do not yet know about the convention. If you are able to post a link, you will be providing them with an opportunity to meet people with similar interests, not to mention the stars. We will also benefit from a much more diverse group of attendees.

The Eclipse website has a page dedicated to banners to advertise the event: http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/eclipse3/site.php?linkbk

Thank you very much for your time, and I would be extremely grateful if you could consider helping us out!

Kind regards,

I thought this was a well written, and very kind email that was used which is why I chose it to use as an example here!!!

SJ

x

Edited by slaycandy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...