Did anyone else see Collectormania's Advitisment?

andker08

It was just wondering if anybody else read today's edition of the Glasgow Evening Times. Did you see Collectormania's add for this weekend.

It was good. Epecailly when it stated that you can come along this weekend and meet SYLVESTER MCCOY. I imagine there maybe a few disapointments.

As with any print advert, they're never going to be completely up to date considering the deadlines.

Very true. Despite a newspaper invariably being a daily edition, deadlines for changes can be a long time in advance. That is why you will usually see adverts for events, whether they be conventions/signing events like this one or music concerts, that include a "check the website for updates etc etc". Seeing as the e-mail to Jason at Showmasters was dated November 27th, the website and forum announcement following in due course, it is not a surprise that the advert wasn't adjusted.

snow/rain/hailstone... everything was thrown at me today.... its suposed to get worse as the week goes on ... better not delay my train on thursday or i may freeze to death befor i get to glasgow

snow/rain/hailstone... everything was thrown at me today.... its suposed to get worse as the week goes on ... better not delay my train on thursday or i may freeze to death befor i get to glasgow

That is why I just invested in a lovely warm coat....

• Showmasters Admin

deadlines for changes are around a week to 10 days before it go's out and as Uncle Sylvester did not tell us till very late it went out with him on it

anyway we ask people to cheque the site and there will be a board up telling people who is there and how is not

at least it looks good

it should be a great weekend i look forward to seeing you all again

jason :lol:

we have done a lot more we have the Sun two radio stations with over 70 adds on it and lost of other papers and press

keep an eye out for it and let us know how the radio as sound

jason ;)

From Braehead shopping site

Clyde 1 Christmas Roadshow at Braehead , Clyde 1 DJ Suzie McGuire will be hosting the roadshow

On Saturday 6th December our special Christmas party roadshow starting at 1pm,

Sounds like a good way of getting advertising if you can get them to make announcements??