GUEST CANCELLATION SYLVESTER MCCOY

showmasters

He has his priorities right then lol

I guess the government facilities may have to adhere to the rules to the letter than private companies - although I could be well off of the mark. With private companies having to answer to share holders and balance the books without the potential bailout from central government, I would think your Dad may have more opportunity there. After such a storied career I am sure he will get some work soon. Despite the current financial climate, your Dad has a trade/skill with nearly 3 decades of experience.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. I'm sure I said something regarding being told to shut up - And pointed out that when people such as Barni, myself, Yesindeed and others are offering our local expertise as well as actual physical help to make these shows as good as possible, it's somewhat frustrating to be told by another punter that expressing feelings of disappointment on here is somehow wrong, and that "If you don't like it, don't go."

To me, that is a completely counterproductive way of looking at things, and the wrong attitude to have or to instill in others.

The correct response is "If you don't like it... give constructive criticism and make specific suggestions on how issues and perceived problems can best be dealt with - Or even offer assistance in sorting difficulties yourself."

Showmasters have been pretty responsive thus far to offers of assistance with the Glasgow events, but there have definitely been communication problems resulting in the party being cancelled.

Jason's up for a chat over a pint at the weekend, so hopefully we can have a good gab about the next Glasgow event and ( As I said elsewhere ) learn from these first three to make the 4th one the massive event that Scotland deserves.

Edited by Reverend Scapegoat

well said reverend.

its frustrating when others tell us to shut up and blame us going off topic yet when other people go off topic (no offence jonesy and pez) nothing is said. This only further confirms that the real reason people are telling us to shut up is because they haven't read some of our comments thouroughly and assume we are just whining.

I'm not sure what happened to your second post though rev. Must be in hyperspace or something.

regarding the party... it's cancelled too? bummer

thanks Jonesy.

Thats what happens mate... conversations escalate. I'm just just making a valid point to the people who were quick to jump on me earlier for daring to elaborate on why I am so frustrated at the lack of communication from the organisers. Convention friendly locals trying to help are being neglected.

hey im not offended i just dont see what us always arguing about it gets us.

im not impressed by the lack of comunications either.

but its over and done with,

yes it gets very anoying when people who arnt coming do stick there 2p worth in but we can only play with the cards that we are given, its up to us lot that are actualy going to do what we can to get the show as good as we can if we want a local show.

i could have done a lot of promotion over the last few weeks here as i know you all could have but delays on things like flyers and things like that were slow on the uptake.

and i've been edited a lot by mods on these topics.

and in all fairness me and jonesy were on here when ther was no mods on lol .

also there is a glitch on some of these borads that just deletes post for no reason , its happening on my boards aswell.

gutted about the party, although it probably is best that i cant be given the opetunity to get lost in the shoping center at silly oclock

i just dont see what us always arguing about it gets us.

I wouldn't say they were arguments... certainly not from me. It's just certain individuals trying to discredit our valid and constructive comments. I hate when someone comes along and butts in with a snidey remark and despite mods admittedly looking in and watching the thread nothing is said, yet when I respond to the same snidey remark we are both told to behave... the people who should be told to back off are those who won't allow us to have our say and insult us by telling us to shut up etc. Not us who made innocent constructive comments.

OK as far as I'm concerned I've made my point. Will my concerns be addressed or acknowledged? Probably not.

its not always you guys it indeviduals that come in just to cause trouble, you guys know what im on about and who im on about.

sometimes things get heated on hear and points get repeted a lot and i can see how sometimes the point gets lost in the posts.

and trust me i know where you and yesinded are coming from, somtimes i don't see whats wrong with what you guys have said and you get edited. or the thread removed.

but as of yet you two are still hear and havent been banned or anything, the vast amount of what you both feel strongly about has had random idiots who keep getting baned and creating new user names coming on and getting you both to reply to it. whitch is when things start to get deleted. my post s go with it and 9 times out of ten im behind both of you 100 percent. your all so pasionate about this event and it shows and these idiots know that , the mods tend to step in when aforementioned truble kicks off.

the fact that you can still post shows that your thoughts are being taken in the way that there ment to be as constructive critasism

you both have valid points.

like you said you have made your points and there valid i just dont personaly see what there is to be gaind by keeping going over them.

i've met you all at some point and i know your top blokes.

it does seem unfair that you always get cut off when your making a point.

anyway i will see you on the weekend.

pez

god sake you take your eyes of this board for one day......

i'm at the stage now where i can't remember who said what now but i will say this

i know its repetition again and i apologize but this is the ONLY scottish event and we all have to pull together to make it more of a New hope than Phantom menace (going with the good Reverand on that one)

and i don't just mean all of us punters but the guys from showmasters as well

i have some good publicity ideas for CMG4 and i hope to discus them with the boss man at the show

but i'm assuming it'll be take a number and wait till the other guys are done

P.S. sorry to hear aout your dad pez, hope he can bounce back, Newcastle is a good shipping city and is always needing welders for something, my dad does the same and always has to go down to your end

Edited by yesindeed

• Moderators

the fact that you can still post shows that your thoughts are being taken in the way that there ment to be as constructive critasism

like you said you have made your points and there valid i just dont personaly see what there is to be gaind by keeping going over them.

I think this pretty much sums it up for me anyway. A lot of what is said is very much repeated, and Jason doesn't want the same old points gone over again and again. I'm not discrediting opinion but when multiple topics turn into a 'you have too many events!' discussion, or a 'I wish Showmasters would get in touch!' discussion etc, it's just not necessary.

But yes, the fact that many people are still here with posting ability shows that they're not being treated harshly, nor seen as troublemakers. The simple fact is that if they were seen like that, they'd just be banned. Others have in the past. And people have been banned for far less on other event forums. Some would've been gone after the first couple of posts that have been put on here.

Another problem is the regular questioning of mods and their decisions. In the end, we have to choose when to step in and when not to. We shouldn't have to justify every edit or every time we delete, or when we do or don't tell someone something. It just makes our job that little bit harder, and it's unnecessary. People don't have to agree, but they do have to accept, and most forum members are more than happy to do that.

Jason allows discussions such as these to a certain extent, but he doesn't want them constantly and he will clean them up after a few days normally. And to me, that's perfectly understandable. This isn't what we want the forum to be - people always arguing, constant criticism of the organisers and the moderators etc.

Hopefully we'll have some clearer guidelines/rules in place soon enough, and this might enable members to understand better what we want to build on here. It'll work for some, but obviously there'll always be those that simply want their own way regardless, and those will be dealt with in whichever way necessary.

• Showmasters Admin

i've also had a lot of people say that they were going to travel from newcastle to the show as there is nothing like this around here. i've been giving out the flyers in town today and there was a lot of intrest.

if we put half as much effort in to promoting the show as we do arguing we would have the best show ever...

no one else is doing a christmas show, so lets see how it goes and if it works then if the guest line up sucks in future then you can complain.

x pez

thank you

to much wisdom for your age if people will read what you have to say and take it in we will all be in a better place

thanks for your help on this pez

see you soon

jason

i just dont see what us always arguing about it gets us.

I wouldn't say they were arguments... certainly not from me. It's just certain individuals trying to discredit our valid and constructive comments. I hate when someone comes along and butts in with a snidey remark and despite mods admittedly looking in and watching the thread nothing is said, yet when I respond to the same snidey remark we are both told to behave... the people who should be told to back off are those who won't allow us to have our say and insult us by telling us to shut up etc. Not us who made innocent constructive comments.

OK as far as I'm concerned I've made my point. Will my concerns be addressed or acknowledged? Probably not.

do you know what we read so much stuff in here its silly so YES it will be acknowledged some will be addressed but you only know your end of whats going on with the show there is a lot more that gos on behind the seens

we do not expect you to know or understand there is so much that gos on

and to all of you instead of going of on each other or us WHY not work together ?

i know its a odd consept but if we work together to help grow this event it will work and get bigger

collectormaina MK took 5 years to work well so work with us and please stop fighting we all want the same a strong event with a amazing guest line up and it will come just give us a little time and help us

thanks for reading

jason :thumbup:

I think this pretty much sums it up for me anyway. A lot of what is said is very much repeated, and Jason doesn't want the same old points gone over again and again. I'm not discrediting opinion but when multiple topics turn into a 'you have too many events!' discussion, or a 'I wish Showmasters would get in touch!' discussion etc, it's just not necessary.

But yes, the fact that many people are still here with posting ability shows that they're not being treated harshly, nor seen as troublemakers. The simple fact is that if they were seen like that, they'd just be banned. Others have in the past. And people have been banned for far less on other event forums. Some would've been gone after the first couple of posts that have been put on here.

thank you david to the point and good points and i think they are fair are you coming to new years ? if so we can go over your thoughts with too tall and others there if you will be there

let me know

sorry off topic do not ban me please :chair:

jason :chair:

Another problem is the regular questioning of mods and their decisions. In the end, we have to choose when to step in and when not to. We shouldn't have to justify every edit or every time we delete, or when we do or don't tell someone something. It just makes our job that little bit harder, and it's unnecessary. People don't have to agree, but they do have to accept, and most forum members are more than happy to do that.

Jason allows discussions such as these to a certain extent, but he doesn't want them constantly and he will clean them up after a few days normally. And to me, that's perfectly understandable. This isn't what we want the forum to be - people always arguing, constant criticism of the organisers and the moderators etc.

Hopefully we'll have some clearer guidelines/rules in place soon enough, and this might enable members to understand better what we want to build on here. It'll work for some, but obviously there'll always be those that simply want their own way regardless, and those will be dealt with in whichever way necessary.

to all of you instead of going of on each other or us WHY not work together ?

that's the point - we are trying to but keep getting left with egg on our faces.

we can't work together when no one responds to us. I emailed your office as requested when I offered to distribute leaflets and didn't even get a reply let alone the leaflets. As I said earlier, help us to help you.

to all of you instead of going of on each other or us WHY not work together ?

that's the point - we are trying to but keep getting left with egg on our faces.

we can't work together when no one responds to us. I emailed your office as requested when I offered to distribute leaflets and didn't even get a reply let alone the leaflets. As I said earlier, help us to help you.

again I'm going with barni on this, as i said i have some ideas that will definitely help promote the event and they are no that expensive

i offered to do more stuff for this event but was ignored and when i tried to help i was moaned at.......but we aren't getting into that again

but barni is spot on, we can only help you if you let us

i'll speak to you at the event mate and go through stuff

Edited by yesindeed

The response from showmasters in this thread is shameful. We get asked to support the event and several of us bust our butts trying to help and get ignored. We RESPECTFULLY show our dismay at this and what do we get? We get told to be grateful we arent banned. Why the hell should we be grateful for that? We havent done a thing wrong. I for one wont be doing anything to support showmasters again. I am totally offnded at this attitude towards people like us who were just trying to help. I wont be going to this event either.

I wont be going to this event either.

sorry to hear it mate, was lookin forward to havin a good bitch about stuff at the show

sorry mate but I don't see why I should part with cash for an event who's organisers obviously don't care about what we are trying to do. For what it's worth... have a nice time.

Edited by Barni

I wont be going to this event either.

sorry to hear it mate, was lookin forward to havin a good bitch about stuff at the show

sorry mate but I don't see why I should part with cash for an event who's organisers obviously don't care about what we are trying to do. For what it's worth... have a nice time.

:whistling: