GUEST CANCELLATION SYLVESTER MCCOY

showmasters

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woolworths Schoolworths. What have Woolworths got to do with a convention?

Without wanting to sound patronizing, you two really need to be more aware of what's going on in the world around you.

Mike you're reading too deeply into the first line of my post about woolworths which was made tongue in cheek. As a 40 year old self employed father of 3 I am well aware of what's going on in the world around me thanks. :poki:

Everything is getting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off the point.

:poki:

Actually the point is Sylvester McCoy cancelled :poki:

Yes so lets just ignore the other points mentioned. Nothing new there. That's MY point. :poki:

I was responding to Jason who started the 'credit crunch' discussion in this thread. I also seized the opportunity to convey my feelings about some other relative issues rather than start ANOTHER thread which is also frowned upon by some people here and on these matters I'm not really interested in anyone else's reply but Jason's. :D

Mike you're reading too deeply into the first line of my post about woolworths which was made tongue in cheek. As a 40 year old self employed father of 3 I am well aware of what's going on in the world around me thanks. :D

In actuality the comment was more aimed at Gahab than it was at you - should have made that a bit clearer.

In actuality the comment was more aimed at Gahab than it was at you - should have made that a bit clearer.

You actually said

you two really need to be more aware of what's going on in the world around you.

but I'll let ya off this time :D

You ALL need give it a rest :D

Give what a rest? our opinions? yeh right mate... and you need to stop interfering with issues that don't concern you. It's a discussion forum so maybe it's you who needs to give it a rest.

If there's one thing that bugs me on this forum it's people like you who don't let other's discuss where showmasters are going wrong.

• Moderators

OK we obviously have a few different views on what should or shouldn't be discussed here, but can we please try and keep it a bit civil at least? Thank you.

I know some people aren't interested in what others have to say, but it's pretty much inevitable if you're posting on a public forum. I realise it's pretty much a last resort deal for some though.

can we please try and keep it a bit civil at least? Thank you.

There's no problem at my end but I'm not going to sit back and have someone tell me to shut up on a discussion forum.

I made a bet with my mate that you would post in this thread within 5 minutes. You just won me a box of maltesers. Cheers mate :D

Want one?

• Moderators

Nope not really. I've been keeping my eye on this thread since it started getting a little out of hand, so of course I'll step in if things are getting unnecessary. Or am I meant to wait a certain time before being allowed to do that? :D

Nope not really. am I meant to wait a certain time before being allowed to do that? :D

do I sense a little hostility? I hope not as I've made it clear in my posts that that is not my objective.

It's just that whenever someone insults me on this forum for voicing my opinion and I respond, you have a knack of appearing straight after asking everyone to cool it. Maybe one time you will get there before those of us having a discussion have the chance to respond to being told by another member to shut up. :poki:

then why didnt you just say that in the first place? pretty much every post you make all you do is take one sentence from someone elses post, use it out of context and try to come across as some intellectual god by making a smartass remark. having a difference of opinion is fine, but you just seem to make a point of being a smartass, hey, that might get you respect from people on here, but might get a different response in real life. since you seem to have immunity from the mods i guess i'll leave it there.

thankfully i just noticed i can press a button and ignore all of your posts, sweet. bye.

Edited by gahab13

I totally agree if you were discussing the guest cancellation

We were... but as happens in most conversations the topic of this thread developed into a discussion about how showmasters are dealing with things and whether they are going about it the wrong way or not.

Try reading people's complete posts before telling us to shut up.

the curent situation has hit everyone hard, my dad just lost his job this morning shops are closing all over the shop and everyone is going to hell in a hand basket, personaly i think showmasters are doing quite well with what they have been given, i'd hate to be negotiating a profit on anything at the moment let alone break even...

i was in town today doing my xmas shoping and i think i just enjoyed all the things i was buying coming to a humorouse amount.

i've also had a lot of people say that they were going to travel from newcastle to the show as there is nothing like this around here. i've been giving out the flyers in town today and there was a lot of intrest.

if we put half as much effort in to promoting the show as we do arguing we would have the best show ever...

no one else is doing a christmas show, so lets see how it goes and if it works then if the guest line up sucks in future then you can complain.

as for sylvester and warick cancling, until showmasters know for sure there not there why would they anounce anything... stlvester is on teh flyers as is amber if shomasters had known they were going to cancle they would have not included them on the flyer

x pez

the curent situation has hit everyone hard, my dad just lost his job this morning shops are closing all over the shop and everyone is going to hell in a hand basket, personaly i think showmasters are doing quite well with what they have been given, i'd hate to be negotiating a profit on anything at the moment let alone break even...

i was in town today doing my xmas shoping and i think i just enjoyed all the things i was buying coming to a humorouse amount.

i've also had a lot of people say that they were going to travel from newcastle to the show as there is nothing like this around here. i've been giving out the flyers in town today and there was a lot of intrest.

if we put half as much effort in to promoting the show as we do arguing we would have the best show ever...

no one else is doing a christmas show, so lets see how it goes and if it works then if the guest line up sucks in future then you can complain.

as for sylvester and warick cancling, until showmasters know for sure there not there why would they anounce anything... stlvester is on teh flyers as is amber if shomasters had known they were going to cancle they would have not included them on the flyer

x pez

That's a shame to hear about your Dad losing his job. In Bristol some areas are looking bad because alot of businesses have relocated to the new shopping centre that recently opened. I am fortunate enough to be in a reasonably secure retail sector, but the shops still seem to be buzzing with shoppers.

I have never met Warrick before, but I have heard great things about him as a guest.

i spent all morning looking for a job for him but there arent even any jobs stacking shelfs.

my dad has worked in the welding and fabrication industry for the last 28 years but because he didn't get a qualification in it when he started as an aprentice no one will take him on despite the fact hes been doing it for 28 years....stupid blooming govenment.

i work in retail/healthcare at the moment im good, but no bonus this christmas. well worth having no time off this year sick at all i think you agree.

it'll work out good in the end.

i spent all morning looking for a job for him but there arent even any jobs stacking shelfs.

my dad has worked in the welding and fabrication industry for the last 28 years but because he didn't get a qualification in it when he started as an aprentice no one will take him on despite the fact hes been doing it for 28 years....stupid blooming govenment.

i work in retail/healthcare at the moment im good, but no bonus this christmas. well worth having no time off this year sick at all i think you agree.

it'll work out good in the end.

It surprises me that no one will take him on as they could get away with paying less than those with a piece of paper that says they are qualified. Has he applied to the government for work and they have turned him down for work because of no certificate?

exactly that, my he's worked in prisons on oil rigs in war zones with his job, but work on a garden gate in sunderland nope hes unedr quaifide for that ...stupid right...

anyway he's given me money to go get his autos over the weekend lol prioritys