Countdown to Abrams Inc.

Lambourne

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately for me this is just Lockdown again. Michael Emerson, like Henry Ian Cusick, is one of my favourite characters from the show, and I always said I would do anything to meet him. But at the moment, although it kills me to say it, im not going. I cannot justify at least 80 pounds and at least a couple of nights stay in a hotel for what looks to be one character from Lost.

Train prices from Scotland are shooting up for going to this event, and I need to buy them now or never. And at the moment, theres nothing else to make me go to this.

Well you can only imagine my disappointment at this at the moment. I'm obviously well aware of how these things work, but considering Michael is my #1 guest, I'd hoped this was going to be a big success.

As others have said, it's a catch 22 situation. They can't get guests without selling tickets, and they can't sell tickets without guests. People aren't going to commit to a convention with 1 guest at this point in time, no matter how good he is.

There's not much I can say really beyond being quite sad over the whole thing. I hope something positive happens eventually.

Even if it does...Its 2 late!

And I do disagree with it being a Catch 22 situation really. Well...it is a Catch 22, but it shouldnt be.

In my opinion, and from most other conventions i've ever known of and attended, we should be presented with a convention consisting of guests, which tempt people to buy tickets. Its just the way that it's done. This whole business of them not being able to book guests because they're relying on ticket sales is ridiculous. You can't say to fans 'we're doing a convention for Lost, Fringe and Alias, and we're hoping to get some celebs to come...who's interested?' It certainly wouldn't interest me. I go to events because people are announced that I want to meet and it's worth the money I spend.

• Moderators

I guess it's easy enough to see it that way when it's not our money, and we wish they'd just go ahead and have a great guest lineup.

Presumably they work out their finances, how much they can afford to put out there, and how much they need to get back etc.

They must have to be cautious to a certain extent. And it's definitely not just with these events, as I've seen numerous others mention the same kind of system.

It's certainly problematic, but I guess every approach to organising an event like this has some negative aspects to it. I would guess that Abrams Inc isn't one of those events they feel comfortable just pumping money into.

Obviously if they only had the 1 guest, they'd likely just end up cancelling the event

I think it would be a very very bad idea...:whistling:

I suppose the convention could be a week-end with Michael Emerson :poki:

Ok, there is only one guest, but what an amazing guest ! :thumbup:

I suppose most of people who have bought a pass today are LOST fan...

And I'm sure they will very happy to meet michael Emerson !

I prefer a week-end with michael Emerson than a cancellation.

And most of us have a non-refundable train or flight ticket...:uhoh: and we will lose money if there is a cancellation...

Especially since the reason to go from Lost only to three shows was that Lost guests were expensive and not easy to afford. And then what do we get? One Lost guest (probably the best we could have) and no guests from other shows ??? What was the point then ? How would you like to attract fans from Alias and Fringe with no guests announced ? I was expecting 3 guests announced quite quickly, one from each show, and then adding more depending on sales. But with just one guest (no matter how good he is) and from just one show, it will simply not work.I don't understand the reasoning behind organizing this event.

:dance:

Of course... you understand !

You understand what's happened today in the sun !

And you don't understand that !!!! :poki:

To my mind, they wanted to organize a second LOST event (to thank people for coming at Lockdown), but they announced a jj Abrams event to open the possibilities of guests and because it was a solution if they didn't success to find LOST guests...

Edited by sebastianillyria

I agree, cancellation is not fair for people who already paid for their travels. Fortunately (or not) this is not my case, so if there is only Michael there, I think I will not be able to justify the additional expenses (expensive train ticket, 2 or 3 nights of hotel, food, drink, etc). Too much in my opinion!

I agree, cancellation is not fair for people who already paid for their travels. Fortunately (or not) this is not my case, so if there is only Michael there, I think I will not be able to justify the additional expenses (expensive train ticket, 2 or 3 nights of hotel, food, drink, etc). Too much in my opinion!

First of all... you have to come because it's my 30th birthday this week-end ! :whistling:

And... why do you write "drink" in last in your list... everybody know it's in first in your finances :thumbup:

PS : i think it would be unfair to cancel the event... people who doesn't want to come anymore doesn't come :dance:

Edited by sebastianillyria

IF it is only ME there I will STILL come, I am NOT passing up this chance to finally meet one of the main Lost cast members! ME seems like a really cool guy. So I hope this event will happen!

Me too. LOST is my everything for 2 years now :whistling:

Oh yeah, I will definitely still be going, how can anyone pass on the chance to meet Michael? It make it worse though, it would be so much easier if I didn't care, I could just count my losses and not go, but it's Michael Emerson!