Countdown to Abrams Inc.

Lambourne

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately this sounds very familiar .... except that this time I have a ticket :chair:

Me too... And Eurostar prices are already getting higher :chair:

Indeed the deadline gets really close now. After it, the price will become too high and I'm afraid I will not be able to justify buying such a highly priced Eurostar ticket to meet just one guest, even though it's Michael Emerson. Btw, the lack of any kind of announcement for this event is very reminiscent of what happened with Lockdown. No info + only one guest + no photo-shoot on sale with Michael + previous problems with Lockdown = no ticket sales. I fear we will have again a very small event because, with only 50 days to go, it is very difficult for people to buy a ticket and organize the travel at such short notice. If you add that this will be summertime and that people might have planned some holidays instead, it doesn't look good at all.

Sorry Jason, I don't want to be a pain in the ass but this time, I am a customer for this event and as such think I have the right to complain or at least get worried. I still want to believe that this event might be worth it but I think it's really time for you to do something.

Oh I know that, unless they can some how get guests along the line of Evangeline Lilly, Joshua Jackson, (I don't know whose big from Alias but you get the drift) then I fear it is too late to sell many more tickets than they already have. I just meant giving us some form of information as to what is going on may help some of our (well mine at least hehe) worries.

• Moderators

Well you can only imagine my disappointment at this at the moment. I'm obviously well aware of how these things work, but considering Michael is my #1 guest, I'd hoped this was going to be a big success.

As others have said, it's a catch 22 situation. They can't get guests without selling tickets, and they can't sell tickets without guests. People aren't going to commit to a convention with 1 guest at this point in time, no matter how good he is.

There's not much I can say really beyond being quite sad over the whole thing. I hope something positive happens eventually.

I don't want to rant either, but I am rather worried about the lack of announcments. I have got a ticket, I bought when they first went on sale as I figured with 3 shows to choose from there would be no shortage of possible guests (even if I do only like 2 of the shows covered). Some kind of update, or reassurance would be nice but it's all gone far too quiet for my liking.

I don't want to rant either, but I am rather worried about the lack of announcments. I have got a ticket, I bought when they first went on sale as I figured with 3 shows to choose from there would be no shortage of possible guests (even if I do only like 2 of the shows covered). Some kind of update, or reassurance would be nice but it's all gone far too quiet for my liking.

Are you able to get a refund, due to the lack of guests announced? Or does that come under the rule, don't book for a particular guest? But if there's only one guest, surely you will be allowed a refund?

I just find it hard to see what the problem could be (or originally of been). With three shows to choose from, I can't imagine there was an issue with getting guests and as this is a convention for more than just Lost, surely you need a guest from at least one of the other shows to get a better idea at how well tickets could sell.

Especially since the reason to go from Lost only to three shows was that Lost guests were expensive and not easy to afford. And then what do we get? One Lost guest (probably the best we could have) and no guests from other shows ??? What was the point then ? How would you like to attract fans from Alias and Fringe with no guests announced ? I was expecting 3 guests announced quite quickly, one from each show, and then adding more depending on sales. But with just one guest (no matter how good he is) and from just one show, it will simply not work. I don't understand the reasoning behind organizing this event.

Obviously if they only had the 1 guest, they'd likely just end up cancelling the event, and yes everyone would get a refund then.

I know this is jumping to conclusions and I really am praying that it won't get cancelled, but what about a Park Inn Hotel refund? If they knew you were booking just for that event and that event got cancelled, surely I'd get some kind of money back? I'm REALLY starting to worry now.