Date...

Sazzzy

this is a hard year for most businesses in the UK and in till thing get a little better we will not be announcing a date for 2009

Manchester has always been a hard town to brake even on and we lost money at every event we ran there

we do still intend to run an event there this year so let see how the next few months work out

just thought i would keep you all in the loop

jason :P

Thank you ever so much for letting us know the situation. I was beginning to loose hope.... :D

*wanders off to tell her Cosplay Group*

Edited by Luna Tsukino

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ok i get it. lol, saying that tho it is quite a trek to glasgow and birmingham, say 3 or 4 hours maybe, to manchester it's an hour, i know it's selfish but it suits me. lol. Right scuse me while i screw d on the right way and gibbs slap my self for my own daftness. lol.

• Showmasters Admin

ok ok i get it. lol, saying that tho it is quite a trek to glasgow and birmingham, say 3 or 4 hours maybe, to manchester it's an hour, i know it's selfish but it suits me. lol. Right scuse me while i screw d on the right way and gibbs slap my self for my own daftness. lol.

I was just joking. I understand where you're coming from.

I know for a fact that some people have to book time off six months in advance. Someone else stated that they needed to book their 2009 holidays in September 2008!

They might want to take this up with their employer if this is the case, since its contrary to the Working Time Regs. Just thought I'd mention.

Take what up with the employer? i have to book most my holidays septober 08 to get them in 09

and yeeh i know what u mean, i liked manchester too because 45 mins and ddoesnt cost liek £68 travell exspensises. and with the stupid work cutting hours it was handy but meh wont stop me going to the others there way tooo much fun :( haha

I know for a fact that some people have to book time off six months in advance. Someone else stated that they needed to book their 2009 holidays in September 2008!

They might want to take this up with their employer if this is the case, since its contrary to the Working Time Regs. Just thought I'd mention.

Rather depends on what their contract of employment says. And how keen they are to rock the boat at work.

• 2 weeks later...

has there still been no confirmed date yet?

Again, I would assume it's not happening.

Take what up with the employer? i have to book most my holidays septober 08 to get them in 09

So, you have to give 12 months notice to book 2 days off. Who wants to raise? Anyone want to go for 2 years notice for 1 day off?

So, you have to give 12 months notice to book 2 days off. Who wants to raise? Anyone want to go for 2 years notice for 1 day off?

Why are you being so aggressive about this?

Lol I'm not! A bit nonplussed maybe, but aggressive?? Of course not!

I can understand where Mike's coming from 1 whole year to book off a holiday is a bit ridiculous.

However if you notice it's September. September is one of the few months where EVERYONE tries to book a holiday, and the last thing people want is for all of the staff booking a holiday at one time...

I know people who have to book 6 months in advance. It does happen, especially in a busy organization. That way they can limit the amount of people taking the time off work. It's common sense really.

On a side note.... Hurry up showmasters and give us a date or confirm it's not happening!

im ment to have one weekend in one weekend off and that worked amazingly well as it often fell on a con weekend but as of about two weeks ago and hitler state that i work for i still get the 'equivalent too' two weekend off a month .so that could be i do every weekend in one and non at all the next.

i have to book every single day off i defenatly want in advance, so say i wanted to book for lfcc next year 2010 i would have to have that booked in as soon as i knew the date, i always asume its the middle weekend.

if i want to go away for christmas i cant get one until 2011 as we already have 4 people on holdiay this year and there the same greedy gits that have booked next year to.

so in short my holidays look a bit like this ...

april ( im off to europe so im off a as of the 6th till 5th may)

june 45678

july 16 for a week

i have the last weekend in august off for glasgow

and luckily twiglet 2 fell in a gap where no one had a holiday in or i would have been right stuck as i just booked up and hoped for the best.

everything else is just luck...

i tried to take lieu time on tues to go look at a flat ( they owe me a week) and they kicked up such a stinking fuss, as it had a knock on affect on the rota, ( it didnt but well yu know the powers that be that dont have anything better to do then sit in an office and dictate to the lower man.)

so in short lol , yeah dates are always apreciated as soon as possible, cause i have to orginise a heck of a lot of stuff.

sorry rant over can you tell its been a sore spot the last few days at work

• 2 weeks later...

Can I recommend the New Century Hall as a possible venue? It's just the right size to try and 'reboot' the Manchester event, plus its well located - its right near Manchester Victoria rail and metrolink stations.

The potential for this event to grow is there, I just think if you manage to sell out a couple of events at the NCH, then its natural progression would be moving it back to the GMEX.

Edited by cyberdrunk

• 3 weeks later...

On a side note.... Hurry up showmasters and give us a date or confirm it's not happening!

Jason from SM has already posted on the previous page that Manchester 2009 isn't going to happen until the economy gets better, and at the mo it sucks :lol:

this is a hard year for most businesses in the UK and in till thing get a little better we will not be announcing a date for 2009

Manchester has always been a hard town to brake even on and we lost money at every event we ran there

we do still intend to run an event there this year so let see how the next few months work out

jason :D

also, with the amount of events in Sept/Oct/Nov, don't know if it can realistically happen, it's too late now for anything in June and July already has LFaCC and August has Abrams Inc, Who Wars and Glasgow :D

it's a shame but atleast there are soo many other events and conventions to go to ;) (C15, BTL, Bad Wolf, LFaCC, Abrams, Who Wars, Glasgow this summer then C16 (October, though date unconfirmed) Twilght, Hub, Halloweedon and Chevron all before Christmas!!!! :o)

surfy sah xx

Jason from SM has already posted on the previous page that Manchester 2009 isn't going to happen until the economy gets better, and at the mo it sucks :(

jason :WAVE:

also, with the amount of events in Sept/Oct/Nov, don't know if it can realistically happen, it's too late now for anything in June and July already has LFaCC and August has Abrams Inc, Who Wars and Glasgow :(

it's a shame but atleast there are soo many other events and conventions to go to :( (C15, BTL, Bad Wolf, LFaCC, Abrams, Who Wars, Glasgow this summer then C16 (October, though date unconfirmed) Twilght, Hub, Halloweedon and Chevron all before Christmas!!!! :D)

surfy sah xx

Are the good people from SM starting to spoil us with sooo many conventions now!? :D